The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Is anyone going to the biological Sciences offer holder day on the 11th of February??
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 481
Original post by samu16
It's so long !!! What's your predicted grade btw

I'm an American student so I don't take A levels, I take AP exams which are scored on a scale of 1-5. I received scores of 5 on AP US History, World History, Calculus BC, and French Language. I'm predicted 5 for AP Statistics, European History, and Economics. What are your predicted grades?
Reply 482
Original post by izz345
I applied for for this course too! Haven't heard back though yet, what grades they ask for?

I got offered AAB, and also received an offer today for straight History at AAA!
Original post by Master Sam
Applied in 17th of DeDecember for Mechanical engineering and business finance, still haven't heard back from UCL.
Getting impatient :frown:

I have applied for the same course. Got accepted last year but didn't get the grades... Last year I applied in september and got the offer around April so don't expect to hear before that.
Original post by emsca
AAA (MChem) and yes I think so. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. They gave me an offer of AAB. Just waiting on replies from the remaining Unis before I can make the decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 485
Original post by CallMeJay
Yep. They gave me an offer of AAB. Just waiting on replies from the remaining Unis before I can make the decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, got my offer for Politics and East European Studies last week, but now starting to think about accommodation

Not sure if I'm being stupid here but from looking on their website their accommodation page http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation doesn't seem to address accommodation in the second and third years. Will we still be able to get places in any of the uni provided accommodation or will we have to look in the private sector?

Anyone else struggling to decide what kind of accommodation they hope to be allocated?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 487
Original post by AlfieH
I got offered AAB, and also received an offer today for straight History at AAA!

Ahhhhh well done, I applied for both courses as well and haven't heard back from either. When did you send off your essay for the straight history course?
Original post by angustatchell
Hey guys, got my offer for Politics and East European Studies last week, but now starting to think about accommodation

Not sure if I'm being stupid here but from looking on their website their accommodation page http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation doesn't seem to address accommodation in the second and third years. Will we still be able to get places in any of the uni provided accommodation or will we have to look in the private sector?

Anyone else struggling to decide what kind of accommodation they hope to be allocated?

From what I've read, it's rare for uni accommodation to be provided for second and third year students, so I think it's a matter of finding a place in the private sector.
Original post by hopelessching
oh that's a bummer:frown: I'm technically international (I'm from Singapore) but I go to boarding school here so I'll have to take a long train ride to london for it

Ah, I'm from Malaysia haha
But at least you get to know more about the course and visit the place. I'm in such a dilemma on deciding which offers to firm and such without being able to visit any uni :s-smilie:
Original post by emsca
Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester, Southampton, Birmingham & Loughborough

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 491
Original post by CallMeJay
Manchester, Southampton, Birmingham & Loughborough

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham, York, Oxford and Imperial

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hopelessching
Oh cool finally found someone going to the open day on the 28th! different course though:frown:

what course you going for?
Original post by Jblyth02
Thank you!!

The waiting is the worst part, I got mine early bc i applied early i think, but don't panic everywhere is late this year :c
where are you looking to stay in accomodation?

I'm not sure yet! I'm hoping to stay quite close to the Bloomsbury campus but it all depends I guess! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 494
Original post by SiminaM
Anyone got an offer for psychology? Been waiting since october :frown:

I applied at the beginning of November and finally got my offer a week ago
Original post by michelle37
Ah, I'm from Malaysia haha
But at least you get to know more about the course and visit the place. I'm in such a dilemma on deciding which offers to firm and such without being able to visit any uni :s-smilie:

ooh I'm originally from Penang :smile: yeah its tough not knowing about any of the schools but I'll tell you about our course after the open day!!
Original post by heisenburger
what course you going for?

Psychology and language sciences
Reply 497
Original post by izz345
Ahhhhh well done, I applied for both courses as well and haven't heard back from either. When did you send off your essay for the straight history course?

Cheers. Erm, I received an email asking for the what makes a good historian essay and sent it off a week later on the 9th December. I took the slightly controversial route of referring to Horrible Histories and the ability to be a story teller extraordinaire - guess it paid off!

What about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 498
Original post by angustatchell

What was your offer if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 499
Original post by ak2015
I'm an American student so I don't take A levels, I take AP exams which are scored on a scale of 1-5. I received scores of 5 on AP US History, World History, Calculus BC, and French Language. I'm predicted 5 for AP Statistics, European History, and Economics. What are your predicted grades?

I am taking the french baccalaureate, which is marked out of 20. My predicted grade is 19.4 which is equivalent to a A*A*A*. I take Maths further maths physics chemistry biology English spamish philosophy and French literature, music and euro history

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending