The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Same as me, no offer just an email saying they will get back to me in March...
Original post by mk981
I got the same e-mail and I'm wondering the same thing! I don't know any of Scottish people who have heard of offers but don't know yet! Starting to panic :frown:

I wouldn't panic too much :smile: they did say not to take it as a rejection. I was just wondering if it was maybe only the EU students that have found out
Just got my Edinburgh interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Somevetwannabe
Did any Scottish applicants get an offer from edinburgh? I got an email saying some people won't hear until early march.

I was part of the interview group of Scots/EUs/internationals and I just got an offer. I imagine they're going to wait with some people in order to compare them to the english students they have yet to interview in order to make it fair.
Original post by sophierachael
I did this too! Absolutely bummed I'm only just finding out now as well! :frown:

Thought they would have sent it along with the mail to say they received the application! :frown:

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you as well :frown: although a little relieved to know I wasn't the only one haha! Yeah that's what I thought! They just said they'd be in touch soon, there was no mention of the form at all and now I feel like I've effectively wasted a quarter of my chances :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alwaysalex
I was part of the interview group of Scots/EUs/internationals and I just got an offer. I imagine they're going to wait with some people in order to compare them to the english students they have yet to interview in order to make it fair.

Do you mind me asking if you live in scotland?
Original post by lauren_97
I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to you as well :frown: although a little relieved to know I wasn't the only one haha! Yeah that's what I thought! They just said they'd be in touch soon, there was no mention of the form at all and now I feel like I've effectively wasted a quarter of my chances :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only noticed when I read the message earlier that that would be the reason! And exactly! Got so distracted filling in forms for everyone else - I didn't even realise! :frown:

Gutted I worked so hard for the BMAT when RVC was the only one that required it when I had no chance anyway! :frown:
Got an offer for edinburgh!!!! Can't believe it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tash.Friesinger
Wow! That's a lot of work ex ☺️ I've just started year 10 but I already know exactly where I want to study. It's great to know that there are people out there who got the grades even with a horse. My dad is very nervous that I won't be able to do it with the horse.

ohh thanks, ye I struggle for the grades but I work so much, have a horse and play rugby between 4-6 times a week, i'm predicted ABB but i'm sure I can do better. do your best to get lots of w/e because its my only saviour at the moment hahaa
Original post by Georgie14
Welcome to the thread :smile: I was at Vetlink too, what hall were you in?

hi!, I was in Derby hall, where were you?
Original post by wanttobevet
GIs' a job!

what's this means?
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Got an offer for edinburgh!!!! Can't believe it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Me too! I think I saw you at the interview - 17 December?
Do you mind me asking if you live in scotland?

I live in Switzerland :smile:
Original post by alwaysalex
I live in Switzerland :smile:

Ahh see I think they've told the EU students first :smile:

Anyway well done on your offer :smile:
I got an offer for Edinburgh too, I'm over the moon! I can't believe it :smile: :smile: (I live in Scotland)
Ahh see I think they've told the EU students first :smile:

Anyway well done on your offer :smile:

Thank you, and good luck!
Original post by sophierachael
I only noticed when I read the message earlier that that would be the reason! And exactly! Got so distracted filling in forms for everyone else - I didn't even realise! :frown:

Gutted I worked so hard for the BMAT when RVC was the only one that required it when I had no chance anyway! :frown:

I didn't think to check because all other unis send out an email :frown: yeah same, I did every single past paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauren_97
I didn't think to check because all other unis send out an email :frown: yeah same, I did every single past paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep same! Absolutely sucks! :frown:
Did any Scottish applicants get an offer from edinburgh? I got an email saying some people won't hear until early march.

I got an offer (from edinburgh) but I know some people haven't even interviewed yet so I think they're holding a lot of offers until then.
Offer from Edinburgh omfg!!! Well done to everyone else too and this has made me much more relaxed for my Glasgow interview tomorrow! I am still in utter shock! For those still waiting don't worry, you will hear soon I'm sure and you haven't been rejected! Good luck to you all :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending