The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is there any change of being successfull in RBS Spring programme when applying today?:rolleyes:
Original post by honza93
Is there any change of being successfull in RBS Spring programme when applying today?:rolleyes:

Sure.. why not. If applications are still open, go for it.
I'm starting to not consider about applying to RBS next year for summer internships, it just seems like they're selling off the whole investment banking side of the bank and don't think there would be much job security there
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm starting to not consider about applying to RBS next year for summer internships, it just seems like they're selling off the whole investment banking side of the bank and don't think there would be much job security there

Still better than nothing tho
Reply 4564
Original post by welcometoib
by end of this or next week as the last slots open were 22nd. How was it bro, any techs or specific odd Qs

Ah ok. It was standard - asked a bit about a few news stories, that's all.

Original post by cupsoftea
it was one working day for me, they didn't specify a time when i had the interview they just said HR would be in contact

Thanks!
Just got an email from HSBC saying I passed the benchmark for their tests. Do you reckon there is still a chance of getting a telephone interview?
Original post by Bdoskail
Just got an email from HSBC saying I passed the benchmark for their tests. Do you reckon there is still a chance of getting a telephone interview?

Most probably, good luck.
Hi anyone received offers from JPM yet?? I had a phone interview with them but I've not heard from them since then:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD315
Ah ok. It was standard - asked a bit about a few news stories, that's all.

Thanks!

If you get a CS, and it clashes with BAML, which one will you take?
Original post by Bdoskail

Unlikely :frown:
THE KICK-ASS IB QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"Want to prolong the battery life on your iPhone? Put it the **** away when you're talking to me."
Original post by gsbs2
THE KICK-ASS IB QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"Want to prolong the battery life on your iPhone? Put it the **** away when you're talking to me."

Could you add some context to it please? I'm slightly confused.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Could you add some context to it please? I'm slightly confused.

You may wait and get a new quote tomorrow!
Reply 4573
Original post by cupsoftea
If you get a CS, and it clashes with BAML, which one will you take?

Hopefully I get the first CS week and not have to worry.
Original post by The-Illusionist
I attended an insight event with them in October; the HR told me that they will (probably) start reviewing in December, after completing the summer stuff.

I called them during 2nd week on December - they said we can expect to hear back early in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey man any update on this? emailed them last week and not a peep
Original post by chloe_ccjy
Hi anyone received offers from JPM yet?? I had a phone interview with them but I've not heard from them since then:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had a phone interview today for the winning women programme, the guy said people will be notified on the 23rd Jan. Don't know if its the same for all programmes.
I was supposed to have my final round with MS today. Ususally a senior person from IBD and S&T.

Well at least the lady from S&T called. The IBD person was the one who forgot me :smile:

Call starts.....bad connection as it is extremely loud on the trading floor....She: "xyxyxyxyxyxy...." (probably an introduction of herself, couldn't understand anything). Me: "Great. Nice to meet you..." She: "Ok why dont you briefly tell me about your CV? Have you ever read the FT? Do you know what we are doing in S&T? You know that commodity trading is much different at MS than at the place you have been last summer?" I tell her some stuff about Greece, Oil and Ruble...She seems to give a f*** what I say. She turns the phone on mute while I am talking. After talking for a few minutes I realise that she isn't there anymore...finally she comes back and tells me: "Well, HR gave me a list with some questions but I don't care, probably you have all the skills which they are looking for on your CV. Do you have any questions?" Me: "Ehhhmm but which desk are you working on?" She: "xyxyxy sales. Have you talked to a banker before this interview?" Me: "ehhmm yap, I know around 10 persons per bulge bracket bank in London. The persons I met from MS were always helpful and they told me only really good things about the Spring Insight Week...and that is the main reason I think I would really fit into the culture..." She:"Ok, have to go now, bye".

IBD interview will take place in one of the following days...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4577
Had my JP S+T int at the end of December, lady told me I'd hear back sometime in February as a heads up to anyone that's waiting.

She also mentioned that the process was different now, and instead of being offered a summer place after the SW, we'd have to apply for summer like everyone else in Sep/Oct but we'd be fast tracked through the first round. Slightly disappointing TBH
Reply 4578
Hi guys, al of us with CS offers, is there any FB group?
Reply 4579
Original post by paradeplatz
Does there already exist a facebook page for the CS spring week 2015?

what is it?

Latest

Trending

Trending