The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have an interview at Hertfordshire Uni tomorrow?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody heard back from Derby, Bedfordshire, Anglia Ruskin, Suffolk or Greenwich for adult nursing? If so how long did it take to receive an invite for interview / tests ? Getting so impatient now 😯

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlotteemilyw
Not yet, next Friday!!

Have you already done your maths and english test? or are you doing them both together with the MMI on friday? :smile:
Original post by Jessie113
Has anybody heard back from Derby, Bedfordshire, Anglia Ruskin, Suffolk or Greenwich for adult nursing? If so how long did it take to receive an invite for interview / tests ? Getting so impatient now 😯

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had an interview at bedfordshire or Anglia Ruskin yet? I've had an interview from them both but still waiting to hear back from them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my ucas away middle of December and bedfordshire got back to me that day to send details/certificates around 5 days later they invited me to an interview which is held for next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beni24
Have you had an interview at bedfordshire or Anglia Ruskin yet? I've had an interview from them both but still waiting to hear back from them :smile:

Hi :smile:
I have an interview for bedfordshire next week! Are the maths and english tests hard? And do you any questions that I could focus on? (If you don't mind) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beni24

No not yet I applied on the 18th of December and have only had bedfordshire contact me for my certificates haven't heard back from any for interviews :frown: which Anglia Ruskin campus have you applied for? Good luck!

Original post by janec1
I sent my ucas away middle of December and bedfordshire got back to me that day to send details/certificates around 5 days later they invited me to an interview which is held for next week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my ucas on the 18th December and haven't heard back from any yet other than sending my certificates. Good luck with your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No not yet I applied on the 18th of December and have only had bedfordshire contact me for my certificates haven't heard back from any for interviews :frown: which Anglia Ruskin campus have you applied for? Good luck!

I sent my ucas on the 18th December and haven't heard back from any yet other than sending my certificates. Good luck with your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you should probably contact Bedfordshire Admissions and ask them about it :smile: I applied for the Cambridge campus at anglia ruskin, what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! And if they don't get back soon contact the admissions, hope you hear back soon! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyva7
Hi Elle, how was your Southampton interview?! I have one for Adult nursing next month, how did you find the group bit? :smile:

Hi! It was alright. I had been chatting to the girls next to me and we were put in the same group so that made it a lot easier. They just gave us a question to discuss then observed us for 25 minutes. I suggest reading the stuff they give you to read as they do ask you about it.
I should find out next week whether I have an offer or not!
Original post by Beni24
I think you should probably contact Bedfordshire Admissions and ask them about it :smile: I applied for the Cambridge campus at anglia ruskin, what about you? :smile:

I contacted them as I was worried my certificates had got lost over Christmas after some confusion on their part they confirmed they'd received them the other day so hopefully I'll hear back soon. I applied to the Cambridge campus too :smile:

Original post by janec1
Thank you! And if they don't get back soon contact the admissions, hope you hear back soon! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Probably will as I'm too impatient after getting rejected last year 😯

Posted from TSR Mobile
I contacted them as I was worried my certificates had got lost over Christmas after some confusion on their part they confirmed they'd received them the other day so hopefully I'll hear back soon. I applied to the Cambridge campus too :smile:

Thank you! Probably will as I'm too impatient after getting rejected last year 😯

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah Don't worry about it! I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile: Have you had an interview at Anglia Ruskin yet? :smile:
Original post by janec1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I sent my application off around the similar time and derby are the first and only uni to reply so far!
Original post by Danielle_92
Hey, I sent my application off around the similar time and derby are the first and only uni to reply so far!

Bedfordshire is my first to reply! Got rejected from 1 :frown: have you applied for bedfordshire also? :smile:
Original post by janec1
Bedfordshire is my first to reply! Got rejected from 1 :frown: have you applied for bedfordshire also? :smile:

WOW, a few people in my class sent theirs way before me and haven't heard anything as of yet, I wouldn't worry there's still plenty of time.

I haven't no I've gone for Sheff Hallam, Leeds, Nottingham, Derby and Huddersfield.
Has anybody heard back from Derby, Bedfordshire, Anglia Ruskin, Suffolk or Greenwich for adult nursing? If so how long did it take to receive an invite for interview / tests ? Getting so impatient now ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my UCAS off before Christmas and Derby got back to me within a week offering me an interview (21st Jan)
I've applied to southampton too! My friend got an interview for adult nursing on the 31st but I haven't heard anything yet!
Original post by elle1995
Hi! It was alright. I had been chatting to the girls next to me and we were put in the same group so that made it a lot easier. They just gave us a question to discuss then observed us for 25 minutes. I suggest reading the stuff they give you to read as they do ask you about it.
I should find out next week whether I have an offer or not!

Ahhh thank you! and good luck! :smile:
Original post by HannahCog
I've applied to southampton too! My friend got an interview for adult nursing on the 31st but I haven't heard anything yet!

I failed at the first hurdle with Southampton, said my personal statement wasn't strong enough. I work in two different dementia homes, have a Saturday job in Boots and have done voluntary work with the nurse in my doctors surgery........not sure what else I can do at 17!!!????
Original post by charlotteemilyw
I failed at the first hurdle with Southampton, said my personal statement wasn't strong enough. I work in two different dementia homes, have a Saturday job in Boots and have done voluntary work with the nurse in my doctors surgery........not sure what else I can do at 17!!!????

I'm a second year child nurse at a different uni, so may be able to shed some light. When they say your ps isn't strong enough, its not usually to do with experience as most under 18s struggle to get experience within the NHS, which they are understanding of. It usually refers to your understanding of what nursing entails, how you feel you would fulfil the role, as well as what you would bring to the course and the career.
I hope that helps you should it get brought up again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending