The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester interview- Life Sciences with foundation year

Anyone else for life sciences with foundation year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I haven't applied for life science, I've applied for the physical route instead - anything I can help with?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I'm doing the life sciences foundation year :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Ki Yung Na
I haven't applied for life science, I've applied for the physical route instead - anything I can help with?

How was the interview process for you?
I'm quite scared as I haven't studied biology or chemistry for A-Level.
Did they ask you any science based questions, to evaluate your knowledge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by VladCa
I'm doing the life sciences foundation year :biggrin:

How is your experience so far? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
finally other people who are doing the foundation year. I messed up on my last chem exam due to a lot of bad things happening at the time of my exams but I was offered a place on this course that would allow me to move onto biochem
Original post by Izxxx
How was the interview process for you?
I'm quite scared as I haven't studied biology or chemistry for A-Level.
Did they ask you any science based questions, to evaluate your knowledge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I haven't had an interview yet. VladCa can probably answer that for you.
Isn't the interview informal though? If so they won't ask you tricky stuff probably. It'll be basic things at most and even then it'll more likely be talk about something that interests you rather than answer a question on this, this and that. I think there's a basic numeracy test though?

Good luck though, when's your interview?
Reply 7
Original post by marco14196
finally other people who are doing the foundation year. I messed up on my last chem exam due to a lot of bad things happening at the time of my exams but I was offered a place on this course that would allow me to move onto biochem

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a lot of people applying for this course, well from what I've seen anyway :/ for me it was quite different I changed my mind halfway through year 12 of what I wanted to do. I couldn't really change my subject choices so I looked into science based degrees with foundation years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Sorry, I haven't had an interview yet. VladCa can probably answer that for you.
Isn't the interview informal though? If so they won't ask you tricky stuff probably. It'll be basic things at most and even then it'll more likely be talk about something that interests you rather than answer a question on this, this and that. I think there's a basic numeracy test though?

Good luck though, when's your interview?

Yeah I hope the questions won't be too advanced :/. Thank you! Good luck to you too :smile:
My interview's on the 4 of March

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Izxxx
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a lot of people applying for this course, well from what I've seen anyway :/ for me it was quite different I changed my mind halfway through year 12 of what I wanted to do. I couldn't really change my subject choices so I looked into science based degrees with foundation years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It gives you an extra year to decide what degree you really want to go with. I was meant to have started back in September in 2014 but things happened(to do with a prior surgery I had) so I had to leave. Therefore I'll be 19 when I turn up to meet all of you guys in september. I feel like an old git :smile:
Reply 10
It gives you an extra year to decide what degree you really want to go with. I was meant to have started back in September in 2014 but things happened(to do with a prior surgery I had) so I had to leave. Therefore I'll be 19 when I turn up to meet all of you guys in september. I feel like an old git :smile:

I completely agree! I'm particularly interested in neuroscience, but I would actually need to study all aspects of biology or/and chemistry to know what I really want to do, and the choices are so vast.
I really can't wait to meet everyone too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Izxxx
I completely agree! I'm particularly interested in neuroscience, but I would actually need to study all aspects of biology or/and chemistry to know what I really want to do, and the choices are so vast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you join the offer holders page for life sciences on facebook
Reply 12

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
did you join the offer holders page for life sciences on facebook

No... I'm not an offer holder yet haha
Honesty I didn't even know about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Izxxx
No... I'm not an offer holder yet haha
Honesty I didn't even know about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well when and if you do get an offer from them, you'll be invited by a guy called Korey to the group. Is Manchester your firm choice if you do get an offer are you looking at another uni
Reply 15
Well when and if you do get an offer from them, you'll be invited by a guy called Korey to the group. Is Manchester your firm choice if you do get an offer are you looking at another uni

If I get an offer from Durham that would probably be my firm choice and Manchester would be insurance. I'm pretty sure I won't get an offer for Durham so Manchester's my first choice:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Izxxx
Yeah I hope the questions won't be too advanced :/. Thank you! Good luck to you too :smile:
My interview's on the 4 of March

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's even possible, try relax, you'll probably do fine.

Ah thanks, I wouldn't mind hearing from someplace sometime soon:rolleyes:
Original post by Izxxx
If I get an offer from Durham that would probably be my firm choice and Manchester would be insurance. I'm pretty sure I won't get an offer for Durham so Manchester's my first choice:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When are the offers expected to be handed out then, its near end of the month isn't it
Reply 18
If it's even possible, try relax, you'll probably do fine.

Ah thanks, I wouldn't mind hearing from someplace sometime soon:rolleyes:

Thank you! I hope so
I'm sure you'll get offers soon
Did you get any replies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
When are the offers expected to be handed out then, its near end of the month isn't it

Some people from my school said that Durham usually takes a very long time to reply. Someone said that they usually give offers at the end of March/mid April :/
You never know tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply