The Student Room Group

Why do relatives kiss on the lips?

Like what is that about? It is damn right creepy especially at 18!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its about inbreeding
Reply 2
I agree, i have never kissed my relatives on the lips. One of my bug bears are when parents kiss there children/babies on the lips it just is cringe for me like why would you do that?
I have never kissed any relatives on the lips. That is.....strange...
Reply 4
Original post by lou 22
I agree, i have never kissed my relatives on the lips. One of my bug bears are when parents kiss there children/babies on the lips it just is cringe for me like why would you do that?

My dad tried to kiss me the other day, I almost had a heart attack. I was like what on EARTH are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by channies
My dad tried to kiss me the other day, I almost had a heart attack. I was like what on EARTH are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You actually made me Lol :biggrin:.
They want herpes.
Reply 7
My older sister did this to me once and it was absolutely terrifying
It's always the Italian blooded relatives who I see hardly ever too. Strange people, don't they know I'm British and we don't do that?!
My family already knows I don't like getting hugged or kissed, so kissing doesn't even get anywhere close
I have relatives that try to this. I don't like it. Feels a bit too intimate
Only acceptable to give a little kiss to a baby imo
None of my relatives kiss on the lips, usually just cheeks, forehead etc. I would never kiss anyone except a partner on the lips, that's just creepy :ahhhhh:
Original post by Foo.mp3
They don't? :erm:

Have you never kissed your relatives on the lips before? :wink:
Maybe it's not a tradition here in the UK
Original post by jaffacake111
It's always the Italian blooded relatives who I see hardly ever too. Strange people, don't they know I'm British and we don't do that?!

Italians love kissing on lipsssss
:rofl: never happened in my family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Only acceptable to give a little kiss to a baby imo

This.
Original post by Foo.mp3
No? :afraid:

Spoiler

Definitely missing out on the lip action foo :wink: I wonder how you would have survived in an italian household
Why not? For me it's a no go because in such a culture I was brought up, I wouldn't take a naked bath with my parents either but I've heard in Japan (might be mistaken, just a piece of trivia) it's pretty normal even for teenagers. Kissing a relative on the lips or seeing each other naked or whatever isn't wrong in itself, it's what we make it to be.

Quick Reply

Latest