The Student Room Group

Badges are live.... beta rollout!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juichiro
So I got a notification saying I was awarded a badge about a minute ago. There is a new tab in my profile and the badge is there. It says Level 2. What's a badge and what does level 2 chatterbox mean?

My profile is my personal space and some admin invaded it and inserted some random tab! :mad:

Where is the Kings' justice? Lord CEO of TSR, you shall be summoned.

see here for details.
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Bump :h:

Yes, we'll add that to the pot! We haven't given it any consideration yet but we'll do so in the future :smile:
Original post by She-Ra
Yes, we'll add that to the pot! We haven't given it any consideration yet but we'll do so in the future :smile:

Cool, thanks :top:
She-Ra
X

Is the Hero badge time-sensitive even at the first level? And do unanswered Welcome Lounge threads count? :smile:
Original post by Kittiara
Is the Hero badge time-sensitive even at the first level? And do unanswered Welcome Lounge threads count? :smile:

I believe a back date will run on unanswered threads tomorrow. Let me come back to you on unanswered threads in the WL, I need to double check :smile:
Original post by She-Ra
We'll have a seperate one for careers - it will probably be a similar type of badge. Or do you have any suggestions around what the careers badge should be based on i.e. criteria?

Does it need to be anything different? It's the same effect, same impact on someone: they come asking a question, you answer it.
Original post by She-Ra
I believe a back date will run on unanswered threads tomorrow. Let me come back to you on unanswered threads in the WL, I need to double check :smile:

Thank you very much, She-Ra :smile:. I like the badges, by the way. Nice way to recognise effort and activity.
Original post by Drewski
Does it need to be anything different? It's the same effect, same impact on someone: they come asking a question, you answer it.

That's what I think - I agree the same criteria works so we'll use that when we create a careers badge. But having said that the criteria may be adapted ever so slightly based on the behaviour of members in that specific forum.
Original post by Kittiara
Thank you very much, She-Ra :smile:. I like the badges, by the way. Nice way to recognise effort and activity.

Thanks so much for letting me know - really appreciate it :smile:

Please let us know if you think of any D&CA specific badges.
*polishes her *

Oh bugger :indiff:

Damnit I had 0 badges when I posted this :mad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PQ
*polishes her *

Oh bugger :indiff:

Damnit I had 0 badges when I posted this :mad:

Now you have 2 :grin:
I think it's a good idea!
Are badges time-sensitive ie once they've been earned are they yours or do they go away after a certain time?
Whats the point of this? I dont mean this in a negative way, just genuinly want to know?
Original post by scavi2008
Are badges time-sensitive ie once they've been earned are they yours or do they go away after a certain time?

Hey scavi2008,

Once they've been awarded they remain on your profile and you start working towards the next level :smile:

Glad you like it - have you got any suggestions for new badges?
Stop beating round the bush and call them 'Achievements', that's what they are.

When you introduce hashtags and comment strings, do the same, call them what they are.
Original post by mobbsy91
Loving this already since I've just been awarded Chatterbox Level 3 already :redface: - I'm assuming it takes into account what you've already done this month? If it doesn't I want to keep my badge lol :tongue:

Original post by The Epicurean
I am a bit baffled by the badges. I received a "Clever Clogs" level 1 badge which is apparently awarded to those who offer support within the Study Help forums. I don't think I have made a post in that section for years :tongue: Not sure how that works :holmes:

They're backdated, I believe. So based on previous posts too :h:

Not sure if this was already answered :tongue:
Original post by I Procrastinate
Whats the point of this? I dont mean this in a negative way, just genuinly want to know?

The idea is that people will be more active. The truth is that a minority of forum addicts who this isn't aimed at anyway, people with self-esteem issues, will aim to get all the badges by postwhoring and spamming the forum until they reach the numbers required. Then they can go 'yay my life isn't a complete failure', then chase some more Achievements on their video games, craving more recognition and pats on the back that don't exist.

The end result is even more useless 'lol I agree' posts and, worse, posts in question threads in study and health forums where people who don't know the answer try to answer anyway so they can up their post and rep count.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shadowdweller
They're backdated, I believe. So based on previous posts too :h:

Yeh I saw that - was a bit of a surprise at first lol - can't wait for new badges I can aim towards!
Original post by mobbsy91
Yeh I saw that - was a bit of a surprise at first lol - can't wait for new badges I can aim towards!

Nice to see you getting into the spirit of it :awesome:

Aiming for Clever Clogs and Hero level 2 then? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending