The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

To all the mathsy applicants out there, what level of STEP are you currently working at right now? I want to see whether I'm progressing quick enough since I didn't do STEP 1 last year :frown:
Original post by TVIO
What he physically came to your house to confirm it lol?

Well no, but on here lol
Reply 622
Original post by Wild Cat
To all the mathsy applicants out there, what level of STEP are you currently working at right now? I want to see whether I'm progressing quick enough since I didn't do STEP 1 last year :frown:

I'm a CS with maths but have to do STEP 2 and 3. I can do most STEP 1 questions fairly easily (but with lots of time), I can do the majority of STEP II questions but they take even longer, and I haven't really looked at STEP IIIs yet. I'm intending to get a 1,2 (or better of course). I don't think any (or at least not very many at all) did STEP I last year.
Original post by smile:D
If I recall correctly, the college fee is only paid by international or UK students who don't get tuition fee loans. It helps with the upkeep of the college and generally subsidising things; see here

Well I'm a UK Student, so I don't think I pay the college fee, just the standard £9'000 tuition fees. My family had a bit of a panic, thinking I'd have to pay another £6'000 :colondollar:
Original post by TVIO
I'm a CS with maths but have to do STEP 2 and 3. I can do most STEP 1 questions fairly easily (but with lots of time), I can do the majority of STEP II questions but they take even longer, and I haven't really looked at STEP IIIs yet. I'm intending to get a 1,2 (or better of course). I don't think any (or at least not very many at all) did STEP I last year.

Oh okay it seems we're at a similar point then, I just need to get a bit faster at the moment, but I guess I have plenty of time to do that
Reply 625
Oh okay it seems we're at a similar point then, I just need to get a bit faster at the moment, but I guess I have plenty of time to do that

We need approx. 4 questions done in the 3 hrs for a '1' grade. My teacher (maths god) said that if you can do STEP I then you can do the others

Step 1 and 2 whilst I finish the material for step 3. I want to wait until I've done all the content needed ie m3-4 fp2-3 and then I will attempt full papers. Should be starting step 3 in a few weeks time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only found this thread now, hopefully not too late :colondollar:
Reply 628
Original post by RainbowVeins
Only found this thread now, hopefully not too late :colondollar:

You can never be late to this party :biggrin:

Oh okay, thats quite "nice" then. Are you going to sit STEP I as well as II and III?

Nah, just good practice
Reply 629
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lol am I the only who hasn't had ucas updated

Thankfully I know mine wasn't a mistake thanks to Mr Admissions tutor personally confirming my offer :lol:

Naaa mine hasnt either, I just assume christs hasnt done it yet, I emailed the admissions tutor to say id be accepting the offer and asked some questions and they said that theyre gonna be setting up an offer holders website soon - just incase youre interested
Original post by bafid
Naaa mine hasnt either, I just assume christs hasnt done it yet, I emailed the admissions tutor to say id be accepting the offer and asked some questions and they said that theyre gonna be setting up an offer holders website soon - just incase youre interested

Ah sweet
Reply 631
Offer to do Vetmed at Girton on saturday, offer: A*A*A
I ticked the box on my saq saying that I was planning to resit a module, but I now don't think I'm going to, do I need to inform my college even though that subject doesn't form any part of my offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 633
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Well no, but on here lol

How did he know your name?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
How did he know your name?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well he knew my GCSEs and AS/A Levels etc. Which are a pretty unique set.
Original post by TVIO
You can never be late to this party :biggrin:

Nah, just good practice

You should consider it as if u get a high grade in it as it's easier the step 2,3 they might let u in if u miss ur step2,3 offer. By high I mean an S. Which is possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 636
Original post by physicsmaths
You should consider it as if u get a high grade in it as it's easier the step 2,3 they might let u in if u miss ur step2,3 offer. By high I mean an S. Which is possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I'm nowhere near fast enough to get an S. In theory if I miss STEP they're supposed to consider me for CS with NatSci (so physics for me) but IDK if that'd actually happen.
Original post by TVIO
Nah I'm nowhere near fast enough to get an S. In theory if I miss STEP they're supposed to consider me for CS with NatSci (so physics for me) but IDK if that'd actually happen.

also it is good practice for step 2 and 3 people have said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a facebook group for Queens offer holders?
Anyone know if there's an alternative/live music society at Cambridge? :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending