The Student Room Group

I think i failed my Economics AS january mock please help?!!! URGENT

If I don't get a D I get kicked off the course, and I'm only doing three a levels so if I get kicked off I'll be left with just my two. I need help, I won't be able to get into uni also my college won't let me stay for another year to pickup another one. I can't go to any other sixth form as its pretty much the same and the college's in my area are really bad, I'm so depressed I know I got an E for a fact as most of my multiple. Choice were guessed and I flunked the 25 marker.
Why does your college make you drop it if you don't get a D? that's ridiculous!

What do you think you got in your other subjects? maybe you can use them to negotiate?
I've heard of threats like this but if your work is normally good they'd be mad not to enter you for the exam!

Could you ask to pay for your own entry then the results won't show on their stats if you don't improve and they can refund you if you do well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by nayana71
If I don't get a D I get kicked off the course, and I'm only doing three a levels so if I get kicked off I'll be left with just my two. I need help, I won't be able to get into uni also my college won't let me stay for another year to pickup another one. I can't go to any other sixth form as its pretty much the same and the college's in my area are really bad, I'm so depressed I know I got an E for a fact as most of my multiple. Choice were guessed and I flunked the 25 marker.

Don't stress about it mocks aren't really anything because the end grade really counts. I'm sure if its your fist mock you're likely to score low.
Unless you haven't revised well then its up to you to make that change for your future. You should try talking to your teachers and convince yourself and others that you'll do better
I don't think it is really acceptable to kick someone of the course
Don't stress dear :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by contradicta
Why does your college make you drop it if you don't get a D? that's ridiculous!

What do you think you got in your other subjects? maybe you can use them to negotiate?

I agree it's ridiculous, it used to be an E now it's a D. My other subjects are fine around B standard. What if worst comes to worst and negotiating doesn't work and I get kicked off...What will I do then? My parents are already giving me grief :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
I've heard of threats like this but if your work is normally good they'd be mad not to enter you for the exam!

Could you ask to pay for your own entry then the results won't show on their stats if you don't improve and they can refund you if you do well.

Is that possible? I think I will speak to my teacher about this thank you
Yes it is possible but they may not advertise this! Wait until you get your result before asking.

If your work has not been up to standard then that should matter more than a mark in an exam.

Quick Reply

Latest