The Student Room Group

What do you do when you feel like you have no friends?

People who you like and can hang around with?

What do you do instead?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
TSR of course :smile:

But seriously... Get off facebook and other bull**** social media which will just make you feel like everyone else has amazing lives but you. Which isn't true they just don't post pictures of themselves having a bout of diarhea.

Spend time with family.

Do things you enjoy and that gave you a sense of self and improve self confidence like things you know you're good at a hobby or whatever.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nothing you can do. Life goes on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll have fun by myself?

edit: as in watch tv, surf net, gaming
(edited 9 years ago)
The Student Room is bae.
TSR duh!! :u:
Work extra hard to gain confidence, get somewhere! :tongue:
This is a hard one because I've felt/feel like I've had no friends. The friends I do have are few and far between and I don't see them often.

The best thing you can do is try to is find a friend online. I joined a website and met one great friend. Try to find outside hobbies too. This can be really hard if you have low confidence but is the best way to build it up. I'm trying to get a job and get into volunteering.

Last of all stay positive and DO NOT depend of TSR, FB or twitter to find friends. They are definitely not the best way to.
PM me if you like :smile:
I went through a similar phase (depression :frown:) around year 8ish for about 4 months, probably was the darkest phase of my life. One thing I did to ease the situation was just to spend lots of time on hobbies that I enjoyed such as gaming, practising football skills and tricks, lifting weights and going for runs on the treadmill in the garage mostly. The most important thing here is to spend time doing hobbies that YOU enjoy. It helps to ease the pain that I felt as you spend a lot less time thinking about it, which is always a good thing for me at least. But most importantly over a period of time you begin to feel more positive, as you are spending most of your time on things that you enjoy, hell you may even become very skilled at them :smile:.

I just hope whatever negative aspect of you life it is you are going through it ends quickly, and remember you're not the only one, everyone has been through that phase at some point in their lives.
Original post by Joyful_soul

What do you do instead?

I just end up spending most of time online, & wonder about a few times out on my own. I know a few people but that's it & a lot of the time they're busy don't ask me to if I'd like to hang out or anything. Why don't you have any friends, are you shy? If so you can always work on it but the first step is always the hardest, especially talking to new people. You could try online but presuming you want real life friends it would be good if you came to a point where you could meetup with sometime.

Also joining a club or activity group is good, or volunteering/working, meetup groups or just even going out on your own to a social gathering place & start chatting to people, although this takes confidence obviously. It's not just about meeting people though, you want to also meet the right people that you can click with, but I guess you can only find this out through experience. Anyway, I'm always around if you ever need someone to talk to :smile: I wish you well anyway! :h:
Idon't believe I have what I would call "friends" only people I know.

What is a friend? What is the difference between a friend and someone you study/workwith? Are social media friends reallyfriends?

In my primary school there was this girl with no friends and so she spoke to rocks.

Spoiler

My social life is nonexistent :smile:
Original post by pawprint81
Idon't believe I have what I would call "friends" only people I know.

What is a friend? What is the difference between a friend and someone you study/workwith? Are social media friends reallyfriends?

If you had friends you'd know.
I used to cry a lot. Still do :tongue: (for other reasons now) But making friends online really helped me. I could tell them everything and they've helped me through everything. Yes, I made those friends off TSR. I feel like I can be myself online and that potrayed into real life. I find I have increased in confidence ever since. :smile:
Original post by Joyful_soul

What do you do instead?

I go out and make friends with new people. :tongue:
Thanks for all the support shown. :smile:
Original post by Makashima
I'll have fun by myself?

Keep it clean love
Original post by Birkenhead
Keep it clean love

Clean what? :L
Hmm maybe I should make it clear, I was referring to enjoy by surfing on the net, gaming, eat foods and watch television by myself with no needs of any companions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending