The Student Room Group

Entrance Exams

Hey,

I've recently applied to some sixth forms and pretty much all of them require you to go through an entrance exam/assessment day. I've got my first one next month, at LAE.

If anyone could reply below and inform me of what might come up, etc, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Original post by SchoolAside
Hey,

I've recently applied to some sixth forms and pretty much all of them require you to go through an entrance exam/assessment day. I've got my first one next month, at LAE.

If anyone could reply below and inform me of what might come up, etc, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

So, for my school, for entering at sixth form, they'd give you a choice of 3 essays, where you pick one - one would be on History, one geography, and one English/general essay.

Then you'd also a subject specific, so for example, you may have done a Maths paper, or a Physics paper...

Hope that helps a bit - let me know fi you want more info!
Reply 2
You said you'd get a subject specific exam. Do you choose what subject you do the exam on or is it just given to you?

Thanks for the reply, if there's anything else; I'd love to know.
You said you'd get a subject specific exam. Do you choose what subject you do the exam on or is it just given to you?

Thanks for the reply, if there's anything else; I'd love to know.

We would choose which subject it was - it had to be something we would be studying for A levels...

Those were the only two subject papers that you'd have to sit at my school - there were two years pupils had to sit a verbal reasoning test, but one year they didn't do that!
Reply 4
Okay, thanks for your help!
Okay, thanks for your help!

No worries!

Quick Reply

Latest