The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by m.prabar
I'm waiting as well, for medicine. Not so much in love with Corpus anymore -.-

Are you also international?
Original post by ShellySpielberg
They didn't! I was quite surprised myself. I got a phone call last night at around 6pm UK time, telling me that I got an open offer for VetMed. If you're Vet, they chose 3 people already. I think they're still choosing the medicine offer holders.
Good luck and I hope you hear good news soon!

Congratulations on your open offer! That's fantastic!
Original post by IesIicules
Are you also international?

Yes, I'm from Poland, and you?
Original post by m.prabar
Yes, I'm from Poland, and you?

Norway. I don't think corpus has started to send emails yet. They sent the letters on the 9th and we should get them this week... There is no reason to believe that you have been pooled.
Original post by Watchthe
How many do you think there will be for medicine this year? This is so worrying

No idea, they didn't have them back in my day, but it won't be loads. I know it must be hellish for you all still waiting, but don't pin too much hope on this very last option.
Norway. I don't think corpus has started to send emails yet. They sent the letters on the 9th and we should get them this week... There is no reason to believe that you have been pooled.

You're probably right.
Original post by Hitomi777
Thanks :wink: Maybe my lack of professional vocabulary, or maybe I don't think the way they expect...I'll have to wait till February to get the feedback...

Yes, I'm Polish and I'm taking my national final exams- neither A levels nor IB.

And you? :smile: Did you get an offer? For what course? And are you international too? :smile:

No, I'm from England, just a poor little fish still waiting for their outcome! I had a reinterview on Saturday, so I'm waiting to hear back from that :frown: I applied for Physical Natural Sciences
Original post by abigai11
same, did they call or email???

Emma emailed :smile:
Original post by jneill
UPDATED!

Decisions for the Top 40 Posters in the previous MKII thread
(Who Posted : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc...sted&t=2922359)

Well done all (no matter the result).
# : Username : What Happened?

Spoiler

TSR Top 40 offer rate is 66%. Overall Cambridge offer rate is 25% (2013/14 cycle)

That success rate is impressive!
Original post by a123a
Your descriptions of the open offer pool... :rolleyes:
Did you email your college as to when they could potentially get back to us by? I've seen people get different times as to when they will let us know.

I don't want to bother them really as passive as it sounds. My letter said 'a few days' but I've heard it could be as late as the 22nd
Reply 4670

UK applicants recieved the letters on Saturday, and Corpus is supposedly sending e-mails from the 13th onwards.
I was also wondering if they might give out more open offers this year; considering the standard offer increased from A*AA to A*A*A, maybe they'll want to allow for a greater number of people to miss their offers. Although obviously the vast majority meet them anyway
Does anyone know how many people each college pools for medicine? I was just curious to know how many people they think are ok but don't have space for
Original post by mussi
Congratulations for your offer. Chinese at St. John's

Thanks! You too. I'm doing Arabic and Spanish.

Original post by elaras
I'm MML @ King's (span + ab initio russ) - you're doing Spanish as your European one, right? We might have supervisions together (if we get the grades) idk i have no idea how it works

Hey, yeah I am. We might do because I think you sometimes have two students in the same supervision.
It's cool to meet another King's Hispanicist aha, I wonder how many of us there are gonna be... oh and don't talk to me about the grades :zomg:
Original post by Elcor
That success rate is impressive!

Someone should tell the 2016 Hopefuls to keep posting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I got an offer for HSPS at Churchill (ahhhhhhhh!!!)!
i was just wondering if there's any other Scottish applicants, from any course or college?

Thank you!!!

You mean to say they only gave out 3 open offer for veterinary medicine?!?!

That's what the guy on the phone said.. no idea though, its normally only a small number of people though. Are you vet as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TotalerReinfall
I was also wondering if they might give out more open offers this year; considering the standard offer increased from A*AA to A*A*A, maybe they'll want to allow for a greater number of people to miss their offers. Although obviously the vast majority meet them anyway

This makes me optimistic. I have also seen some weird offers already given out to medics. E.g like 2A*s and 2As; 3A*s. Maybe they have increase a few peoples offers so they can accommodate for more open offer candidates.

Vet med intake is a lot smaller than the medic intake. So I think they would have fewer open offers.
Original post by mysus
UK applicants recieved the letters on Saturday, and Corpus is supposedly sending e-mails from the 13th onwards.

I have no idea what the source is though, there is nothing on their website... They might not be sending emails at all :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending