The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4580
Hi guys, quick question...
I have got 3 offers so far, and still some interviews at the end of the month which i may do just for the experience. (they are face to face, so good to practice)

One of my offers is from the week of the 23rd of March... we are on lectures until the 29th.... I have my first week & second of April already taken by other two SW... but definitely want to do three... What is your opinion? Missing the last week of uni for a SW DEFINATELY WORTH IT right? - even when our last week is the most important week before break and exams in may.... ;/
Not existing yet, we could set up one...
Original post by blix2
what is it?
Reply 4582
Original post by paradeplatz

If you do it, make sure it is Spring internship not spring week :P doesn't sound BOSS if says 'week ' :P haha

Does anyone know what the background check involves?
Which banks besides CS and where do you still have an interview? Given you have offers from solid banks I wouldnt bother doing a spring weeks at banks which a.) have not a better brandname b.) dont offer you a SA position after the SW and c.) are crowded (like Barclays FO...)

Original post by blix2
I have got 3 offers so far, and still some interviews at the end of the month which i may do just for the experience. (they are face to face, so good to practice)

One of my offers is from the week of the 23rd of March... we are on lectures until the 29th.... I have my first week & second of April already taken by other two SW... but definitely want to do three... What is your opinion? Missing the last week of uni for a SW DEFINATELY WORTH IT right? - even when our last week is the most important week before break and exams in may.... ;/
haha true. Why not "Investment Banking Spring Analyst Program at Credit Suisse 2015" ?
Sounds SWAG. ;D

Original post by blix2
If you do it, make sure it is Spring internship not spring week :P doesn't sound BOSS if says 'week ' :P haha

Does anyone know what the background check involves?
I was supposed to have my final round with MS today. Ususally a senior person from IBD and S&T.

Well at least the lady from S&T called. The IBD person was the one who forgot me :smile:

Call starts.....bad connection as it is extremely loud on the trading floor....She: "xyxyxyxyxyxy...." (probably an introduction of herself, couldn't understand anything). Me: "Great. Nice to meet you..." She: "Ok why dont you briefly tell me about your CV? Have you ever read the FT? Do you know what we are doing in S&T? You know that commodity trading is much different at MS than at the place you have been last summer?" I tell her some stuff about Greece, Oil and Ruble...She seems to give a f*** what I say. She turns the phone on mute while I am talking. After talking for a few minutes I realise that she isn't there anymore...finally she comes back and tells me: "Well, HR gave me a list with some questions but I don't care, probably you have all the skills which they are looking for on your CV. Do you have any questions?" Me: "Ehhhmm but which desk are you working on?" She: "xyxyxy sales. Have you talked to a banker before this interview?" Me: "ehhmm yap, I know around 10 persons per bulge bracket bank in London. The persons I met from MS were always helpful and they told me only really good things about the Spring Insight Week...and that is the main reason I think I would really fit into the culture..." She:"Ok, have to go now, bye".

IBD interview will take place in one of the following days...

What the hell!? That's insane. Did she really say "HR gave me a list but I don't care"?
Sounds intense.
Reply 4586
haha true. Why not "Investment Banking Spring Analyst Program at Credit Suisse 2015" ?
Sounds SWAG. ;D

That's going a little too far now XDDD

I'll set one up now :smile:
Yap that is what she told me. Horrible interview not because of the question but because of the brevity, pretty afraid that that is the terminal station at MS...

Original post by Hazard10i
What the hell!? That's insane. Did she really say "HR gave me a list but I don't care"?
Sounds intense.
Reply 4589
Original post by President M.E.
I'll set one up now :smile:

Make sure it doesn't say "Spring week" please jajajaja :P & let us know i will join it!
Reply 4590
Yap that is what she told me. Horrible interview not because of the question but because of the brevity, pretty afraid that that is the terminal station at MS...

mine was the same, i got rejected. The guy who interviewed me only asked maths and stupid ****. like he questioned every single thing i said. if i said "financial sponsors" he would ask me what that was, and stuff like that. he was like 20 years old and only working for 3 months so far... I felt insulted and he would not even let me finish my sentences and cut me off. would not give a **** of anything i said! - I felt totally offended 90% of the time. I am glad i was not the only one who felt like not taken seriously at all.

Have three offers so far and more interviews... so BLAH, who needs MS.
I heard of others with NO maths at all, and super nice and smooth interviews, i guess its luck.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4592
Original post by blix2
mine was the same, i got rejected. The guy who interviewed me only asked maths and stupid ****. like he questioned every single thing i said. if i said "financial sponsors" he would ask me what that was, and stuff like that. he was like 20 years old and only working for 3 months so far... I felt insulted and he would not even let me finish my sentences and cut me off. would not give a **** of anything i said! - I felt totally offended 90% of the time. I am glad i was not the only one who felt like not taken seriously at all.

I heard of others with NO maths at all, and super nice and smooth interviews, i guess its luck.

Was this a final round interview for MS? If so, may I ask how long after that did they get back to you? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4593
Original post by vmwl
Was this a final round interview for MS? If so, may I ask how long after that did they get back to you? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

no sorry, first.
Original post by blix2

Hi, congratulations on your offer! May I ask what your profile is and what offers you have?
Keep interviewing just for experience!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4595
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
Hi, congratulations on your offer! May I ask what your profile is and what offers you have?
Keep interviewing just for experience!

Hi thank you!

BAML, Citi & CS - BA in International Relations.
Original post by blix2

Lots of people miss university for spring weeks. it's no big deal

And spring week background checks are very minor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hazard10i
Sounds intense.

Incredibly common.

Don't know what the complaint is about the above interview, tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been following this thread for some time now. Great job peeps!

Just a quick question, has people started hearing back from Rothschild, GS, Blackrock or UBS yet?

And can anyone tell me about their selection process, a general outline would be helpful.
Congrats peeps, doing well!
Quick question, do you think it is worth my time and their time taking interviews when I am sure I will reject them if they give me an offer?

Latest

Trending

Trending