The Student Room Group

Is a short interview always bad?

I had a grad job interview today which was a lot shorter than I expected it to be, I know this is a telltale bad sign but does it necessarily mean I didn't get it? I felt like I answered a lot of the questions quite well but I may be wrong... has anyone else had experience of this?
Reply 1
Original post by abc:)
I had a grad job interview today which was a lot shorter than I expected it to be, I know this is a telltale bad sign but does it necessarily mean I didn't get it? I felt like I answered a lot of the questions quite well but I may be wrong... has anyone else had experience of this?

Not necessarily, I remember thinking the same thing when I had an interview much shorter than expected, but when I got the feedback they said that I had just answered the questions directly, I wasn't offered that exact job but was put forward for one that I thought was even better.

Stay positive, Good Luck!
Reply 2

Original post by t.b.s
Not necessarily, I remember thinking the same thing when I had an interview much shorter than expected, but when I got the feedback they said that I had just answered the questions directly, I wasn't offered that exact job but was put forward for one that I thought was even better.

Stay positive, Good Luck!

Well I was told it would be approximately 2 hours overall. It was in 2 parts and the first part was 10 minutes under and the second part was 20 minutes under... I was the only person being interviewed as they hire on a rolling basis. I'll find out in a few days anyway and I'm ok with not getting it I guess, but hate not knowing.
Reply 3
Well, it turns out I didn't get it! That will explain why it was so short - in the second half I got really good feedback but obviously if they'd already decided in the first part I hadn't got the job then there was no point keeping me there.

Never mind on to the next one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending