The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got FSAC on Thursday? (15th)

I'm very excited, but anxious as I've never done anything like this before. I'm applying for D and T, and I'm especially wary of the Final Selection board. Anyone know a little bit more about this? The guide says it's more specific, but coming from a relatively non-technological/quantitive background, not entirely sure what to expect.
Hi! I'm there on 15th and I feel exactly the same; I have never been to an assessment day before. I've applied for HR.
Reply 1702
Got my department assignment; not exactly what I was hoping for but better than nothing (won't specify which one). To anyone on/applying to the Economist stream, do you know to what extent it is possible to get placements in other departments after the initial 2 years? Is it mostly based on networking and informal arrangements?
Original post by Azza919
Anyone got FSAC on Thursday? (15th)

I'm very excited, but anxious as I've never done anything like this before. I'm applying for D and T, and I'm especially wary of the Final Selection board. Anyone know a little bit more about this? The guide says it's more specific, but coming from a relatively non-technological/quantitive background, not entirely sure what to expect.

From my experience, its a half day (or about 2.5 hours), there's a similar policy recommendation exercise to prepare as in FSAC, but IT-related, and there's a long interview to demonstrate your understanding of and enthusiasm for delivering IT projects.
To everyone that has received their posts, do you receive these after all checks have been completed and references checked?
Reply 1705
Original post by lilys
Got my department assignment; not exactly what I was hoping for but better than nothing (won't specify which one). To anyone on/applying to the Economist stream, do you know to what extent it is possible to get placements in other departments after the initial 2 years? Is it mostly based on networking and informal arrangements?

I got a welcome email from the ges saying "After two years in your first department you will then be free to move to another department to build your experience in other areas." So I imagine it's a formal system :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1706
Original post by isherregods
To everyone that has received their posts, do you receive these after all checks have been completed and references checked?

No :smile:
Reply 1707
Original post by isherregods

I was given an offer after my EAC, from what I understand the civil service is pretty desperate for economists

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry if this has been asked already but is there anywhere to leave bags at the FSAC? I need to stay the night before so will have an overnight bag with me.
Original post by MoveTheChains
Sorry if this has been asked already but is there anywhere to leave bags at the FSAC? I need to stay the night before so will have an overnight bag with me.

Yep there are lockers available to leave your stuff during the day
Original post by MessiMagic
I was unsuccessful guys. Diplomatic service rejected; central departments awaiting...
Anyone know how long that takes?

Good luck to rest of you!

:frown: :frown:

It's a positive that your central department results haven't come through yet though - don't give up hope for those!

How long you'll have to wait will depend on how high your FSAC score was - if it's really close to the boundary, you may have to wait until all FSACs are done and they set the final score - that could be March/April, unfortunately.
For anyone who attended the FSAC in December, feedback is now expected by end of January. =/

FAST STREAM ASSESSMENT CENTRE (FSAC) - Those candidates who have attended this event in the past week will not see any change in their Scheme Progress or an additional link to claim Expenses until the marks are received by the Fast Stream Team. Generally this will happen within a couple of days of the FSAC. If you are still at a status of "Awaiting Results” for more than a week after attending FSAC, you possibly may not get your result until pass marks are reviewed in January. FSAC feedback reports will be made available online by the end of January.

Original post by GManTheGMan
From my experience, its a half day (or about 2.5 hours), there's a similar policy recommendation exercise to prepare as in FSAC, but IT-related, and there's a long interview to demonstrate your understanding of and enthusiasm for delivering IT projects.

Wonderrrrful, mind if I PM you for some more deets?
Original post by rs2210
For anyone who attended the FSAC in December, feedback is now expected by end of January. =/

FAST STREAM ASSESSMENT CENTRE (FSAC) - Those candidates who have attended this event in the past week will not see any change in their Scheme Progress or an additional link to claim Expenses until the marks are received by the Fast Stream Team. Generally this will happen within a couple of days of the FSAC. If you are still at a status of "Awaiting Results” for more than a week after attending FSAC, you possibly may not get your result until pass marks are reviewed in January. FSAC feedback reports will be made available online by the end of January.

Oh that's so frustrating! Moving deadlines all the time is very annoying and can be perceived as unprofessional.

So it seems that a lot of Economists have been offered their positions already - congratulations! I'm waiting for my placement on the Social Research stream. Anyone out there from any other stream been contacted by their department yet?
Hi,
Has anyone else been successful for the Finance scheme and heard from a department yet?
I passed the assessment centre for the Finance scheme on December 18th. I sent off all my references last Friday but haven't heard from a department yet. Do you have any idea when we will find out?
Reply 1716
Original post by lauren5690
Hi,
Has anyone else been successful for the Finance scheme and heard from a department yet?

I was at the AC on 11th Dec and successful on Finance stream too. Not heard anything about a department/location yet either, although my references for current employer and academic still say 'requested'!
Ah glad to see I'm not the only one then! I'm just waiting for the disclosure Scotland certificate to be received by them then that's everything checked off...who knows when we'll hear, I guess it varies by department!
I've just had my first email from my department - Welsh Government which was my first choice. I was on FSAC on 26th November and have waited until now to hear anything. Finally!

Still no specifics, just a provisional confirmation of department and that someone will contact me shortly to provide more information.
Original post by frankers1088
I've just had my first email from my department - Welsh Government which was my first choice. I was on FSAC on 26th November and have waited until now to hear anything. Finally!

Still no specifics, just a provisional confirmation of department and that someone will contact me shortly to provide more information.

Congratulations - great to see you got your first choice.

Can I ask if you have completed all your pre-appointment checks (more specifically, sending in your degree certificate)?

Wondering if I will hear from my department before I graduate or if I will have to wait until I have posted in my certificate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending