The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucilou101
What made you choose St. Annes out of curiosity? Pretty much everyone I know who applied for Earth Sciences chose Worcester.

St. Anne's is modern, relaxed and it feels very unpretentious. Oldy-worldy buildings are nice but I'm honestly not in the slightest bit interested in tradition and I'd much be in a modern and relaxed college than a pretty perfect old one. Worcester is a beautiful college but the first feeling I had when I went there was one of intimidation rather than thinking it's somewhere I'd like living. In contrast, whilst St. Anne's isn't a particularly exciting place in terms of the architecture or history, I genuinely felt like I could feel at home there which in the long term is probably the most important thing. Also, St. Anne's is the nearest college (that does Earth Sciences) to the Earth Sciences department and it's a little bit out of the town centre (and therefore quiet) which is fine since I doubt I'd be spending much time in the town centre anyway.

Everyone I've met who applied for Earth Sciences chose Worcester too! My second choice college after St. Anne's would have been St. Hugh's.
Original post by Chlorophile
St. Anne's is modern, relaxed and it feels very unpretentious. Oldy-worldy buildings are nice but I'm honestly not in the slightest bit interested in tradition and I'd much be in a modern and relaxed college than a pretty perfect old one. Worcester is a beautiful college but the first feeling I had when I went there was one of intimidation rather than thinking it's somewhere I'd like living. In contrast, whilst St. Anne's isn't a particularly exciting place in terms of the architecture or history, I genuinely felt like I could feel at home there which in the long term is probably the most important thing. Also, St. Anne's is the nearest college (that does Earth Sciences) to the Earth Sciences department and it's a little bit out of the town centre (and therefore quiet) which is fine since I doubt I'd be spending much time in the town centre anyway.

Everyone I've met who applied for Earth Sciences chose Worcester too! My second choice college after St. Anne's would have been St. Hugh's.

According to google maps, Exeter is the closest - and then Univ! Not that that's very trustworthy..

Those are all very good reasons - I hope you enjoy it there :smile:
According to google maps, Exeter is the closest - and then Univ! Not that that's very trustworthy..

...it appears I've buggered up. Good thing walking distance wasn't the main factor! (Also it's a bit less if you use the back entrance, making it about as far as Exeter)
Oh, hello.. I guess I'm late to the party haha
Original post by StarvingAutist

Hello :smile: which course and which college?
Original post by Lau14
Only if you already have your A levels, and I think they would tell you if you need to?

So there is no need to if it's an unconditional offer right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Have an offer for law with Spanish law at Hertford

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 547
Original post by hermit17
So there is no need to if it's an unconditional offer right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's an unconditional offer you should already have your A levels (or equivalent) and you would probably need to? If you have completed your A levels, I would wait until it comes through on UCAS maybe and see if it says anything about it on there, and if not maybe email your college and ask if they need proof. If you haven't completed your A levels, you shouldn't need to do anything :smile:
Original post by Molly_xox
Hello :smile: which course and which college?

Physics at Wadham :biggrin: you?

Original post by yesitsme123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice :smile: Hertford is such a lovely college...
Reply 549

Original post by Chlorophile
...it appears I've buggered up. Good thing walking distance wasn't the main factor! (Also it's a bit less if you use the back entrance, making it about as far as Exeter)

It's about the same distance for any of the colleges you could have chosen. If you have any lectures in the Dyson Perrins lecture theatre, it's probably a little closer to Anne's than any of the others because you can take a very slight shortcut round the back.
Physics at Wadham :biggrin: you?

Nice :smile: Hertford is such a lovely college...

Awesome - well done! :biggrin: Spanish and Linguistics at St Peter's :smile:
Original post by yesitsme123

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Spanish and Linguistics at St Peter's, but I think my Spanish tutorials are at Hertford :smile:
Awesome - well done! :biggrin: Spanish and Linguistics at St Peter's :smile:

Thanks, you too :biggrin:
That sounds so interesting :eek3: I'll always regret not taking Spanish A level :lol:
Thanks, you too :biggrin:
That sounds so interesting :eek3: I'll always regret not taking Spanish A level :lol:

I nearly took Physics instead of Spanish :lol:

Was Wadham your first choice college? :smile:
Thank you! I was there from the 13th-16th and yes I was! What subject where you there for?:smile:
I nearly took Physics instead of Spanish :lol:

Was Wadham your first choice college? :smile:

Wow, drastic :tongue: I bet you're glad you didn't haha

I applied to St John's but was reallocated to Wadham. I'm actually kind of glad, Wadham seems fun.
Reply 556
Okay so I haven't visited Wadham but it seems like soooo many people have offers from there, it must be a huge college?! Some undergraduate colleges don't seem to even have been mentioned on here yet someone mentions Wadham nearly every day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, drastic :tongue: I bet you're glad you didn't haha

I applied to St John's but was reallocated to Wadham. I'm actually kind of glad, Wadham seems fun.

Yeah, from what I've heard Wadham's a great place to be! It's quite popular on the forums too :smile:
Original post by Yaz97
Okay so I haven't visited Wadham but it seems like soooo many people have offers from there, it must be a huge college?! Some undergraduate colleges don't seem to even have been mentioned on here yet someone mentions Wadham nearly every day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a very big undergrad college, and very popular too! I know someone who goes there and she says she couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Apparently they have good pastoral care too, so if someone is finding it hard to cope with Oxford or just going through a rough time, it's def one of the better colleges to be at.
Original post by Jenna15
Yep I just had to cross the road and I was there (quite a relief as I'm not great with directions)! I had a separate interview at Jesus with the French and German tutors which was for general modern languages, and then a more specific Spanish one at Lincoln, so maybe they just put it all into one for you (both the French and general one)?! Sounds intense and quite scary but you must have done well! :smile:

Yeah, I think people doing sole languages had a 'general' interview, but I didn't have one of those as applied to do two (French & Beginner's Russian). I can definitely say they were intense though - I had four interviews altogether! Hope you got a chance to have a look round Lincoln - it's really friendly and compact, as is Jesus I believe, and apparently has a reputation for the best food in the university! :smile: