The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Have an exam tomorrow.. have to write the abstract and title of a scientific paper. The abstract is the only bit of papers I can ever understand.... mmmm should go well!?
Original post by LeaX
Thank you, this really calmed me down. :smile:

You're welcome. :smile: studying anything interesting in the new term?
Tomorrow is going to be one hell of a long day. On the plus side the end is in site.
Original post by WhamBamJam.
You're welcome. :smile: studying anything interesting in the new term?

Good luck for your exam tomorrow. :smile: Yeah I'm doing some Biology modules this term which sound good - human physiology and genetics so I'm quite excited to start those. What about you?
Original post by LeaX
Good luck for your exam tomorrow. :smile: Yeah I'm doing some Biology modules this term which sound good - human physiology and genetics so I'm quite excited to start those. What about you?

Sweet! I love genetics. Erm I'm doing cellular and molecular pathology.. gene expression and rearrangement. Starting in 2 weeks.

Thankyou! I've done no prep so we'll see how it goes. Only worth a small amount though. Mean thing is they give you a word count which is annoying under exam conditions!
Original post by LeaX
I'm going to have 11. :frown:

I'm really regretting not doing more over Christmas. My notes are all organised though it's just the actual revision which I need to begin. :frown:

So are you going to begin revision at Easter? I might dedicate a couple of days a week to revising last term, but we'll see as I'm sure there'll be lab reports and assignments piling up soon.

Most likely I will start in Easter :smile: I'd rather focus on this terms material and understand it well.
Ughhhh I hate afternoon exams. All morning I don't feel like I can get any more revision done, but if I do anything that's not work, not only do I feel guilty I fear I'll have forgotten everything. Sigh. Fingers crossed it goes well...
Sweet! I love genetics. Erm I'm doing cellular and molecular pathology.. gene expression and rearrangement. Starting in 2 weeks.

Thankyou! I've done no prep so we'll see how it goes. Only worth a small amount though. Mean thing is they give you a word count which is annoying under exam conditions!

How did you exam go (if you've sat it yet? lol) Ohh do you do Biological Sciences? I'm hoping to transfer into it next year as currently I'm doing Psychology with some Biology modules alongside it. I've never heard of a word count during exams, that's so cruel :frown:

Original post by chickenonsteroids
Most likely I will start in Easter :smile: I'd rather focus on this terms material and understand it well.

That's a good idea actually! :smile:
Original post by sliceofcake
Ughhhh I hate afternoon exams. All morning I don't feel like I can get any more revision done, but if I do anything that's not work, not only do I feel guilty I fear I'll have forgotten everything. Sigh. Fingers crossed it goes well...

Good luck!
Original post by sliceofcake

I know, I know. Just rid yourself of the guilt! Best thing is to do something which completely distracts you... like exercise. I love going for a run, then I shower, have food, chill, watch my favourite programme. :tongue: save your brain for the exam. Good luck!

Original post by LeaX
How did you exam go (if you've sat it yet? lol) Ohh do you do Biological Sciences? I'm hoping to transfer into it next year as currently I'm doing Psychology with some Biology modules alongside it. I've never heard of a word count during exams, that's so cruel :frown:

I'm on my way home now woo :smile: it was alright - like it's really hard to try to assimilate a science paper in an hour but I got down what points I could. I did my best!

I do cellular and molecular medicine. Kind of biology but more targeted to diseases and not general biology like evolution etc.. And no plant biology thank god!

Will you have to do additional years when you switch or can you go straight into next year?

Like a true nerd I'm pretty sad I'm only doing 2 modules next term. :frown: want morreeee scieennnccceee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

I'm on my way home now woo :smile: it was alright - like it's really hard to try to assimilate a science paper in an hour but I got down what points I could. I did my best!

I do cellular and molecular medicine. Kind of biology but more targeted to diseases and not general biology like evolution etc.. And no plant biology thank god!

Will you have to do additional years when you switch or can you go straight into next year?

Like a true nerd I'm pretty sad I'm only doing 2 modules next term. :frown: want morreeee scieennnccceee.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh that sounds really interesting. Luckily the Biology at my uni has lots of module choices so I won't have to do plant biology either thank god lol. I'll be switching back into first year but I'm not too fussed really, I like university so staying there an extra year doesn't bother me.

What year are you in and how comes you're only doing two modules?
Just sent an email to one of my German lecturer's saying that I am not going for the DAAD Research scholarship. :frown:

Spoiler

Nailed it!
just so much to doooo :sad: :bricks:
have a chest x ray tomorrow and a blood test on Monday about my 3 month ongoing cough/ shortness of breath :frown:

meeting on Friday with potential supervisor for summer studentship

I really loved the microbiology lecture today- worried I'm going to enjoy it too much and want to change post-grad :sad:
Original post by lilGem
have a chest x ray tomorrow and a blood test on Monday about my 3 month ongoing cough/ shortness of breath :frown:

meeting on Friday with potential supervisor for summer studentship

I really loved the microbiology lecture today- worried I'm going to enjoy it too much and want to change post-grad :sad:

:hugs: about everything :hugs:
Original post by Slowbro93
:hugs: about everything :hugs:

thank you :hugs:
Beyond tired right now and physically and mentally exhausted but I have an essay due at 3pm tomorrow and I'm not even half way through :frown: There should really be some help/allowance if you've tried your best to meet a deadline but are too exhausted to meet it, especially if you had another 2 essays due that week #rantover
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jelly1000
Beyond tired right now and physically and mentally exhausted but I have an essay due at 3pm tomorrow and I'm not even half way through :frown: There should really be some help/allowance if you've tried your best to meet a deadline but are too exhausted to meet it, especially if you had another 2 essays due that week #rantover

I know. But don't even get me started on extensions. I know someone who got one because she was too lazy to get it in on time (so got a 2 day extension after some ****ty excuse)... naturally it was due in today but that didn't happen. Absolute joke. I did 3 all nighters to get mine in on time. Absolute bull****.

Bit of a joke considering I didn't start my essays soon enough but ploughed on anyway, and I've had a lot of personal stuff to deal with as of recent. Makes me so so angry.
Original post by snailsareslimy
I know. But don't even get me started on extensions. I know someone who got one because she was too lazy to get it in on time (so got a 2 day extension after some ****ty excuse)... naturally it was due in today but that didn't happen. Absolute joke. I did 3 all nighters to get mine in on time. Absolute bull****.

Bit of a joke considering I didn't start my essays soon enough but ploughed on anyway, and I've had a lot of personal stuff to deal with as of recent. Makes me so so angry.

Hate when people do that tbh :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest