The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tpos
for?

To award someone e.g. for making lots of posts (chatterbox).
Reply 461
Original post by tehFrance
Shalom my Muslim friends!! :h:

Anyone know of an app or two to study Islam? I'm a visual learner and learn by doing also and from the suggestions I got in a previous thread, I have made not much progress and I feel I need to know more about Islam for reasons I don't wish to go into.

So any iPhone apps for Islamic study, who knows, I may become a fully fledged Sunni Muslim :colone:

I doubt you'll find any. The best you could get are perhaps well made vids

Original post by Ankabout

Ahh ok, tnx. Sounds like TSR is targeting younger students with this sort of stuff...badges, really?! :facepalm:
(edited 9 years ago)

I got my second badge. You JALUS? :mmm:

Spoiler

Original post by IdeasForLife
They're on our list too sister :smile:

Cool :biggrin:
Btw JZK for the links to my previous question. I've been trying to rep you for two weeks but it keeps saying PRSOM lol
Original post by Tennumbers

Spoiler

Reported.

Spoiler

Je suis JALUS. :angry: Appeal to the Shariah court of Birming!
Ash is being too kind. :mad:

Wheres the beard? Astaghfirullah.

I'll have to talk to the brother about this. Unacceptable. Can't make tv appearances like this.
Original post by HAnwar
Cool :biggrin:
Btw JZK for the links to my previous question. I've been trying to rep you for two weeks but it keeps saying PRSOM lol

No worries, anytime. It's ok, it's the thought which counts from rep!
Original post by tehFrance
Shalom my Muslim friends!! :h:

Anyone know of an app or two to study Islam? I'm a visual learner and learn by doing also and from the suggestions I got in a previous thread, I have made not much progress and I feel I need to know more about Islam for reasons I don't wish to go into.

So any iPhone apps for Islamic study, who knows, I may become a fully fledged Sunni Muslim :colone:

If you're looking for Qur'an with tafsir then Quran Explorer. Highly recommend that. Other than for general study I don't know. I've heard of 'This is Muhammad' (SAW).. app which talks about the life of the Prophet (SAW) in detail but personally have not read it.
Reported.

:hand:

Je suis JALUS. :angry: Appeal to the Shariah court of Birming!

LOOL. Try it man. I got contacts far and wide. :colone:

I'll have to talk to the brother about this. Unacceptable. Can't make tv appearances like this.

Reported to the Shariah Court. :huff:
Original post by Tpos

Ahh ok, tnx. Sounds like TSR is targeting younger students with this sort of stuff...badges, really?! :facepalm:

I think they are pretty cool.
Original post by K1NG93
What was it about?

Description of the show:

Panorama investigates the battle for the hearts and minds of British Muslims. John Ware hears from Muslims trying to promote a form of Islam which is in synch with British values.

Basically they brought on a a bunch of (liberal) people who basically had a go at conservatives. They tried to make it seem like we're an ISIS in the making or something. And I'd say they tried to scare the audience too. Heres how my fb friend summed up the Muslims they invited in:

Citizens of Britain! Behold our Knights in shining armour !

Sara "King" Khan - she spits on the faces of Muslim women who've had niqaabs ripped off. An Islamophobia denier! Could it be because people can not even recognise her as a Muslim? Could things be different if she wore a hijab?

Adam "dodgy" Deen - ashamed that Islam has a stance on apostasy and has been crying since British Muslims pulled his pants down after his cheesy Music Video. I think I would have to get pissed off my trolley and get arrested for drunken behaviour before this imbecile accepts me as British.

The pudgy producer of British Muslim TV - Erm at least cover the hair if your logo is meant to resemble the hijaab.

Manwar Ali - whatever happened to you? You were an inspiration when I started practicing Islam.

And they had the audacity to attack "Islam Channel" - it's pretty damn liberal!
You Uncle Toms ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Profiting from terrorism and fitna. I hope the fame and money is worth the religion you sold for.
How dare they claim to be more British than the rest of us Muslims and how dare they fear monger.
I think I will say no to compromising my beliefs and I will continue to contribute towards British society positively.

I'd probably word it differently but you can tell from the above post that the show didn't go down too well lol.

Have a watch - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b050nj0z/panorama-the-battle-for-british-islam
(edited 9 years ago)

Saw this elsewhere.. something we should do all the time really not only tomorrow.
Description of the show:

Basically they brought on a a bunch of (liberal) people who basically had a go at conservatives. They tried to make it seem like we're an ISIS in the making or something. And I'd say they tried to scare the audience too. Heres how my fb friend summed up the Muslims they invited in:

I'd probably word it differently but you can from the above post that the show didn't go down too well lol.

Have a watch - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b050nj0z/panorama-the-battle-for-british-islam

It sounds like a complete BS of a show. I'll watch it later.

Old man at work asks me every single week :facepalm: Ya Allah, this is hilarious tho. #HijabiIssues :lol:
Reply 474

Saw this elsewhere.. something we should do all the time really not only tomorrow.

:yy: SalAllahu alaihi wassallam
:hugs:
lool no falling asleep on bus. no snow orders from me :lol:

Wa'alaikum assalam. :smile:

I'm back :lol:
Hahaha the jokes are too funny

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
ISOC ANNOUNCMENT

Due to the recent conquering of Birmingham and it's submission to the Sharia it is now Haraam to call Birmingham Birmingham now. It is Birming

The isoc leaders have voted on it (TMG, Ash, Anakabout, Tpos) and have come to a vote of 3:1 (the 1 was TMG) to only have it as Birming in this thread

That will be all. We thank you for your co operation

:rofl:

It's a good thing I'm back
Original post by Mary562
I'm back :lol:
Hahaha the jokes are too funny

:rofl:

It's a good thing I'm back

looool :lol: still high from the sugar?
looool :lol: still high from the sugar?

:excited: Can't get to sleep lol
Original post by Mary562
:excited: Can't get to sleep lol

We both should get to bed. Need to get up early to revise.. didn't even realise it got to 1:15am :eek:

Assalamualaikum x
Original post by HAnwar
This is so jokes haha. What about West Ham, Newham, Tower Hamlets etc ?

They have not been conquered by the sharia army with muslamic ray guns yet

Latest

Trending

Trending