The Student Room Group

What can you deduce form this text my GF sent me?

Am I in line for a break up? Or is it good, but I need to give her space?

" I am really, really upset and I don't want to talk about it now because I'm stressed about University and not thinking straight. I don't think we'll see each other before you go, but maybe next time you're in London when things have calmed down"

Scroll to see replies

Reading between the lines, I say she's really, really upset right now and stressed about university. She probably won't see you until things have calmed down.

Hope this helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by addylad
Reading between the lines, I say she's really, really upset right now and stressed about university. She probably won't see you until things have calmed down.

Hope this helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, thanks ... but should I take that as a break up?
Reply 3
Original post by Gott
She definitely doesn't want the D at the moment

Helpful.

Does what she texted mean it's the end?
Naw doesn't seem like a break up more like a pause in this relationship maybe she needs space right now
She's stressed about university so it's a personal issue. As much as she'll probably want your comfort, it's not really a solution to whatever she's facing in uni. I would say that she just needs some space. I doubt she'd want to break up, the phrasing would otherwise be different e.g. "not sure when" instead of "when things have calmed down".
It's already over, she's just too shy to come out with it so she chooses to phrase it in a.. safe way. Keep her on deck, don't expect anything good to come out of this, but start lining up a new girl or a quick lay straight away, don't wait. It's over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it probably depends on what she's so upset about. Whatcha do OP.
Reply 8
Original post by TellementCon
Am I in line for a break up? Or is it good, but I need to give her space?

" I am really, really upset and I don't want to talk about it now because I'm stressed about University and not thinking straight. I don't think we'll see each other before you go, but maybe next time you're in London when things have calmed down"

It's not a break up!
She's just stressed about university.
But if u read between the lines something is clearly upsetting her so show your sympathy towards her.
She doesn't want to talk about it now but at the same time she probably does. Otherwise she wouldn't have mentioned it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by diana99
It's not a break up!
She's just stressed about university.
But if u read between the lines something is clearly upsetting her so show your sympathy towards her.
She doesn't want to talk about it now but at the same time she probably does. Otherwise she wouldn't have mentioned it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So she's upset with the argument we had and how I said "Give me a break. Good night"?

I let her know as a response to the text in the OP, that I'm there for her if she wants to talk.

I didn't want to push her into explain why she's upset, etcetera, because I knew it'd cause yet another argument.

So what should I do?

Give her space?

Or contact her?
Original post by puddingbot
I think it probably depends on what she's so upset about. Whatcha do OP.

I used her YouTube account (which was left signed in) to comment and like a video of MINE.

She found out 2 nights ago and got pissed. She said "Using my account to get people to like you is not cool" .. I responded, childishly I agree, with "Give me a break. Good night".
I used her YouTube account (which was left signed in) to comment and like a video of MINE.

She found out 2 nights ago and got pissed. She said "Using my account to get people to like you is not cool" .. I responded, childishly I agree, with "Give me a break. Good night".

Ohhh I think I remember reading your board about that. While I agree that what you did probably was seen as a minor breach of trust or whatever (I don't want to minimise what she's feeling, but it definitely wasn't the worst thing you could have done using her account haha), I think the stress she is feeling about university or other external factors is compounding it. Stress can make even the most rational of people act a bit out of it. I don't think she's going to break up with you over this (and if she does, to be honest... it's a bit rash) but giving her a bit of space is probably going to be your best move. I'd probably let her know that you're willing to discuss it/talk it out whenever but you're not going to pressure her about it; I think if you guys tried to talk about it with her still feeling THAT upset and with everything being made worse with other stressors, it'd probably end up in a huge argument that could potentially be avoided. Good luck tbh, it's kind of a sticky situation.
Ohhh I think I remember reading your board about that. While I agree that what you did probably was seen as a minor breach of trust or whatever (I don't want to minimise what she's feeling, but it definitely wasn't the worst thing you could have done using her account haha), I think the stress she is feeling about university or other external factors is compounding it. Stress can make even the most rational of people act a bit out of it. I don't think she's going to break up with you over this (and if she does, to be honest... it's a bit rash) but giving her a bit of space is probably going to be your best move. I'd probably let her know that you're willing to discuss it/talk it out whenever but you're not going to pressure her about it; I think if you guys tried to talk about it with her still feeling THAT upset and with everything being made worse with other stressors, it'd probably end up in a huge argument that could potentially be avoided. Good luck tbh, it's kind of a sticky situation.

First of all I'd like to thank you for this response.

It's relieved me in a way, and has made me realise how foolish I have become.

But also, I will definitely give her all the space she needs till she feels calm and ready to start a conversation with me.
Secondly, I think you're absolutely spot on with the whole University and stress being involved with her overreaction.

I was thinking of just sending her a message when I left and tell her that I'm there for her and to support her through her Uni endeavours.
First of all I'd like to thank you for this response.

It's relieved me in a way, and has made me realise how foolish I have become.

But also, I will definitely give her all the space she needs till she feels calm and ready to start a conversation with me.
Secondly, I think you're absolutely spot on with the whole University and stress being involved with her overreaction.

I was thinking of just sending her a message when I left and tell her that I'm there for her and to support her through her Uni endeavours.

Hey don't worry about it, you didn't sound foolish -- even relatively small relationship problems can really bother you, especially if you don't have a clear answer and you're not 100% sure what the other person is thinking or feeling. Plus it's not always easy to see the other person's point at first I guess, haha :tongue: I think that's a good idea, she should appreciate that and hopefully you guys will be able to patch things up sooner rather than later to put both your minds at ease.
It's not a break up but I'd definitely worried... She's stressed about uni but if there's something personal she should at least be telling you considering she's your girlfriend.. You should be allowed to have the opportunity to be there for her and she's actually being unfair leaving you hanging like that. Tell her you'll give her space but that you want to be there for her if there's a problem and would appreciate her being open with you? Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jennysl04
It's not a break up but I'd definitely worried... She's stressed about uni but if there's something personal she should at least be telling you considering she's your girlfriend.. You should be allowed to have the opportunity to be there for her and she's actually being unfair leaving you hanging like that. Tell her you'll give her space but that you want to be there for her if there's a problem and would appreciate her being open with you? Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has helped ... I've already sent what you've suggested in italics.
Okay :smile: good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey don't worry about it, you didn't sound foolish -- even relatively small relationship problems can really bother you, especially if you don't have a clear answer and you're not 100% sure what the other person is thinking or feeling. Plus it's not always easy to see the other person's point at first I guess, haha :tongue: I think that's a good idea, she should appreciate that and hopefully you guys will be able to patch things up sooner rather than later to put both your minds at ease.

That'd be fantastic!
Original post by addylad

Hope this helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're the real GOAT.
This is totally fine message. Nothing wrong about it. If you can not be mad, and forthcoming with your bf, what is the point of the relationship?

Its seems she is very angry about you over something. You just back off a little bit, let her refresh her mind. You talk to her on the day she is done with her exams!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending