The Student Room Group

What can you deduce form this text my GF sent me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_mohajer
This is totally fine message. Nothing wrong about it. If you can not be mad, and forthcoming with your bf, what is the point of the relationship?

Its seems she is very angry about you over something. You just back off a little bit, let her refresh her mind. You talk to her on the day she is done with her exams!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or the day she decides to talk to me ... it could be before the exams. I don't know.

Thanks for the input!
Is she YouTube "famous" or something?
Buddy, hate to break it to you, but i think that's it. Listen go out, get with another chick and forget all about it. Maybe even take a few pics and send it to her, show her what she's missing. Hec, may as well just go all #punammistry with that bro
Original post by WeedCanKill
Is she YouTube "famous" or something?

No lol ... she has 0 subs, 0 likes, 0 views and 0 comments ...

I'm not going to even start with the views my channel has :smile:
Original post by cheeseandbiscuits
Buddy, hate to break it to you, but i think that's it. Listen go out, get with another chick and forget all about it. Maybe even take a few pics and send it to her, show her what she's missing. Hec, may as well just go all #punammistry with that bro

I'm going to wait till it's official break up before I go all PUA on another girl thank you :smile:
I know she doesn't want to see you or talk about the problem, but if there's something you don't understand about her text I imagine that the best person to ask what it means would be her.
Original post by TellementCon
No lol ... she has 0 subs, 0 likes, 0 views and 0 comments ...

I'm not going to even start with the views my channel has :smile:

Well if you don't mind ne saying the whole situation that led up to this makes her out to be pretty egotistical. I mean, who would honestly "like" you just because she commented/liked your video? I could understand if she was someone important but that's not the case.
Original post by Illegal Algebra
It's already over, she's just too shy to come out with it so she chooses to phrase it in a.. safe way. Keep her on deck, don't expect anything good to come out of this, but start lining up a new girl or a quick lay straight away, don't wait. It's over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As sad as this is to say, I legitimately think you're right.
Am I in line for a break up? Or is it good, but I need to give her space?

" I am really, really upset and I don't want to talk about it now because I'm stressed about University and not thinking straight. I don't think we'll see each other before you go, but maybe next time you're in London when things have calmed down"

I think you should take it as it is, and not read in to it. She sounds upset, and that she needs some space. I would just say to give it time, and try to be patient.
Helpful.

Does what she texted mean it's the end?
It means give her space.

Tell her you'll give her space in a simple, polite and not wordy way.

Then give her space.
Right, thanks ... but should I take that as a break up?

It's not a breakup. Don't follow Illegal Algebra's advice unless you do want it to be over. If it isn't over and you're both fine when you meet up you will feel horrible for having a girl lined up. And if she ever finds out it will cause problems and possibly be over anyway.

Original post by Illegal Algebra
It's already over, she's just too shy to come out with it so she chooses to phrase it in a.. safe way. Keep her on deck, don't expect anything good to come out of this, but start lining up a new girl or a quick lay straight away, don't wait. It's over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
....:cry2: I think she is freaking out! But I don't think its bout a breakup!...maybe she just wants a hug before you move? :colonhash:
Reply 32
I think she's stressed with university.
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
It's not a breakup. Don't follow Illegal Algebra's advice unless you do want it to be over. If it isn't over and you're both fine when you meet up you will feel horrible for having a girl lined up. And if she ever finds out it will cause problems and possibly be over anyway.

I really hope you're right about this not being a break up ...

Thanks for the support.

I know Illegal is trolling ... the guy has never had a relationship, what is he going to know about this :biggrin:
Original post by Llamageddon
It means give her space.

Tell her you'll give her space in a simple, polite and not wordy way.

Then give her space.

I've done that already ... well OK, I'll just wait till she contacts me.
Original post by sliceofcake
I know she doesn't want to see you or talk about the problem, but if there's something you don't understand about her text I imagine that the best person to ask what it means would be her.

I think the reason why she doesn't want to talk about is because it'll inevitably at more stress to her life, and I don't think she really wants that.

I think she's worried that, out of stress, she'll react irrationally?
Being honest, if she copes with the stressful things in her life (that aren't caused by you) by cutting you off and not wanting to see you, I'd wonder whether this was destined to be a long term thing anyway. You're supposed to be able to support your girlfriend/boyfriend whenever they need it, and then should feel as though they can accept that support. If that is not the case, then as I say, I would be questioning whether it's "the real deal".

I couldn't imagine going off to uni without seeing my partner, or talking so vaguely about the next time I'd see him. It just seems very odd to me.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Being honest, if she copes with the stressful things in her life (that aren't caused by you) by cutting you off and not wanting to see you, I'd wonder whether this was destined to be a long term thing anyway. You're supposed to be able to support your girlfriend/boyfriend whenever they need it, and then should feel as though they can accept that support. If that is not the case, then as I say, I would be questioning whether it's "the real deal".

I couldn't imagine going off to uni without seeing my partner, or talking so vaguely about the next time I'd see him. It just seems very odd to me.

If she wants to break up with me, she would tell me straight on - that's one thing I'm certain of. She wouldn't beat around the bush.

At the end of the text I sent her, to which she responded with the text in the OP, I said "Where do I stand?". This was an opportunity for her to say it was over ...

And who knows ... she might even regret being so flakey and apologise to me??
If she wants to break up with me, she would tell me straight on - that's one thing I'm certain of. She wouldn't beat around the bush.

At the end of the text I sent her, to which she responded with the text in the OP, I said "Where do I stand?". This was an opportunity for her to say it was over ...

And who knows ... she might even regret being so flakey and apologise to me??

My point wasn't that she wants to break up with you. My point was wondering why you were in a relationship with someone who feels as though she has to be apart from you when she's stressed about something that you haven't caused. She should be able to accept support from you, and if she can't, then what's the point?
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
My point wasn't that she wants to break up with you. My point was wondering why you were in a relationship with someone who feels as though she has to be apart from you when she's stressed about something that you haven't caused. She should be able to accept support from you, and if she can't, then what's the point?

Simple, she doesn't want to add stress and she's mad at me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending