The Student Room Group

Do "Popular" Kids have different personalities?

Is it true that kids with certain personalities/hobbies tend to be more popular at school or uni? Or that being popular changes your personality?

I have noticed that my adult friends who were "popular" at uni tend to be different to those who weren't.
I always thought, at my school at least, there were two different types of 'popular'. Of the two most popular people, one was your typical confident beauty, always having the boys after her, going to parties, always looking perfect.... The other was clever, well liked, Head Girl, nobody could say a bad thing against her. It seemed the two types were nice and liked by everyone / fun and everyone wanted to be them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by boods8897
I always thought, at my school at least, there were two different types of 'popular'. Of the two most popular people, one was your typical confident beauty, always having the boys after her, going to parties, always looking perfect.... The other was clever, well liked, Head Girl, nobody could say a bad thing against her. It seemed the two types were nice and liked by everyone / fun and everyone wanted to be them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh :smile:
In my experience it was the ones with no personality and no hobbies who became popular.
Original post by boods8897

Posted from TSR Mobile

The head girl one is normally the one everyone secretly hates though
Reply 5
Original post by Vixen47
In my experience it was the ones with no personality and no hobbies who became popular.

Really? :redface:
Reply 6
The popular girls at my school were only popular because they were just loud people that needed a crowd to watch them all the time. With some of them, their personality did change because individually they were completely different. And when they're with their click, they change. School was their peak.
Original post by anonwinner
The head girl one is normally the one everyone secretly hates though

Naa she was one of those people that everyone was nice about, even behind her back

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's because they are the loudest, most outgoing, etc. so this is why they tend to be popular.
The popular kids who I've always seen through primary and secondary school were just mainly obnoxious, loud attention seekers and thrive on being part of large groups. Theyre often the ones who are insecure when left alone.
I went to 5 primary schools and 2 secondary schools and every school i went to the popuar kids were either good looking or bullies.
i was both
Reply 11
Original post by Emily.97
The popular kids who I've always seen through primary and secondary school were just mainly obnoxious, loud attention seekers and thrive on being part of large groups. Theyre often the ones who are insecure when left alone.

This is actually VERY true!!!!!!!
When I was at senior school, all the popular girls were in all the top sets and all were on the school netball team. They were all sporty and reasonably well groomed (not scruffy). They haunted the PE block at break and lunch and were never seen outside their large group. Some of them are still friends and hang out, even though we've all been out of school more than 10 years. I've heard people say that the popular ones at their school are the one who mess about all the time. That wasn't the case where I was, the popular girls were all model behaviour students. I wouldn't want to be popular if it meant having to act like a clown all the time in lessons.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest