The Student Room Group

Southampton BM5 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ceciafb
Likewise! where else did you apply?

Leicester (waiting), UEA(rejection) and Barts (interview). You??
Original post by ja1
Do they use personal statement during interview? For my other two unis I got interviews at they don't look at personal statements at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. In the individual interview they will have a copy to refer to.
Hi :smile:

I was just reading the article about medicine interviews, and I realised that Southampton interviews require a written task, a group interview and an individual interview!!

Could I have a bit more information on these please :smile:
Thank you!
Original post by Cutie_Pie
Hi :smile:

I was just reading the article about medicine interviews, and I realised that Southampton interviews require a written task, a group interview and an individual interview!!

Could I have a bit more information on these please :smile:
Thank you!

It doesn't require a written task.

Interview is a 2 interviewer interview based on your PS

Group task you cannot prepare until the day (when they'll give you time) and they don't like people knowing what it is :nah:.
Does anyone know if they use personal statement to select for interview?
Original post by Sonnywithachance
Does anyone know if they use personal statement to select for interview?

No they don't. Have a read through this thread as it answers this question and lots more :yes:.
Original post by Neostigmine
No they don't. Have a read through this thread as it answers this question and lots more :yes:.

Thank you :biggrin:
Hi does anybody know if the 2 person panel interview is 100% based on your personal statement or if they also ask anything outside the PS? Also is there anything I should do to prepare for the group task?
Reply 208
Original post by the A* guy
Hi does anybody know if the 2 person panel interview is 100% based on your personal statement or if they also ask anything outside the PS? Also is there anything I should do to prepare for the group task?

This is from the website:
In addition to academic entry requirements, during the selection process, the selectors will look at your UCAS personal statement and reference for evidence of non-academic criteria.
You will be asked to demonstrate that you:

are self-motivated and have initiative

are literate and articulate

are able to interact successfully with others

have learnt from your experiences of interacting with people in health or social care settings - this may draw on what you have learnt from your own life experiences (e.g. friends and family), or more formalised activity (e.g. paid or voluntary work, or work shadowing)

In addition you will need to show you understand and respect the NHS values. The NHS constitution outlines the values of those working in the NHS and our selection methods aim to identify people who have those values of compassion, team working and treating others with respect and dignity.
I have an interview...yay....29/1... got the email last Thursday....
Original post by unitopayfor
I have an interview...yay....29/1... got the email last Thursday....

Well done! UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
762.5 :smile:
Original post by ja1
Do they use personal statement during interview? For my other two unis I got interviews at they don't look at personal statements at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your other university choices. I have never heard of med schools that dont refer to ps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the A* guy

Nothing to do for the group task.

The interviewers can really ask whatever they like. They have your PS for reference but everyone will have a slightly different experience of what gets asked.
Reply 214
Original post by vickie89uk
What are your other university choices. I have never heard of med schools that dont refer to ps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leicester and Newcastle don't use ps when selecting people interview or for the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 215
Got an interview on the 2nd of february! Ukcat 735
Hi, I just read somewhere that last year Southampton interviewed all applicants for medicine? Is this true? Surely there were some not invited to interview? I'm quite confused. Thanks x
Original post by rachel479
Hi, I just read somewhere that last year Southampton interviewed all applicants for medicine? Is this true? Surely there were some not invited to interview? I'm quite confused. Thanks x

Of course they didn't interview everyone. Southampton only started interviewing last year which is what might have confused you.
Interview 2nd feb 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview for the 2nd of Feb too :smile: My ukcat is only 650

Quick Reply

Latest