The Student Room Group

psychology????

hey guys

i am in year 12 at the moment and i am planning to study psychology in the future. I am predicted an A for this subject, i enjoy it a lot!! i want to take this subject with me to uni but my gcse sciences were rubbish. note i want to become a psychology teacher. would my gcse sceinces affect my choice?

my other subjects are
english lit
government and politics
and sociology

i mean these subjects go good together anyway but i am worried that i am not able to do this because of my science grades

thanks in advance
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Original post by noey123
hey guys

i am in year 12 at the moment and i am planning to study psychology in the future. I am predicted an A for this subject, i enjoy it a lot!! i want to take this subject with me to uni but my gcse sciences were rubbish. note i want to become a psychology teacher. would my gcse sceinces affect my choice?

my other subjects are
english lit
government and politics
and sociology

i mean these subjects go good together anyway but i am worried that i am not able to do this because of my science grades

thanks in advance

You'll just have to check the requirements for different courses. At the uni I teach at, we demand C in Maths and English at GCSE and a certain number of UCAS points. Other GCSEs don't matter.

In general, you have two weak A-levels which may limit your choice of degrees. Some universities demand more science and maths A levels, but others do not.

Psychology degrees are scientific subjects with a lot of statistics - do you enjoy this side of academia enough to study it at uni?
Reply 3
Original post by chazwomaq
You'll just have to check the requirements for different courses. At the uni I teach at, we demand C in Maths and English at GCSE and a certain number of UCAS points. Other GCSEs don't matter.

In general, you have two weak A-levels which may limit your choice of degrees. Some universities demand more science and maths A levels, but others do not.

Psychology degrees are scientific subjects with a lot of statistics - do you enjoy this side of academia enough to study it at uni?
yeah i mean i don't mind it and do pretty much enjoy it though.
well i want to go to queen mary university of london. I have checked the requirments anyway and i seem happy with them but obviously i am not guaranteed to go there i need to have other options to and my sceince gcse grades are a big probelm. So am i more likely to be rejected than accepted by universities? also note that i have an A in Maths and English GCSE so i am fine with them. And when you say i have weak A levels which one are you talking about? thanks in advance
Original post by noey123
And when you say i have weak A levels which one are you talking about? thanks in advance

government and politics and sociology. Check out http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/informed-choices/ for good advice on choosing A levels. Also remember that you apply for several universities, not just one, so you have to bear in mind many institutions' entry requirements.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest