The Student Room Group

Do you look down on people who eat junk food a lot?

is there a point, beyond being sick?

Scroll to see replies

In a country where we collectively pay for everyone's healthcare, we all become stakeholders in everyone else's health.

But I think in most cases that's more a justification for the judging than the reason.
ok......

well nobody needs to eat junk food, so it's best to outlaw it..
nah I always eat **** food it's the nicest
Reply 4
I dont look down on them. Its their choice if they want to eat rubbish,get fat,unhealthy and die. It only bothers me if it costs me. I dont want to see fatties in hospitals having bariatric surgery at NHS expense.
Original post by beyknowles
nah I always eat **** food it's the nicest

good for you....i take it your BP and cholestrol are high..meh..
I am a little judgemental of it as my family are suckers for it. It can be easy to fall into the habit of quick and easy food and you can pass it onto your children. It upsets me when I see very large people eating in a fast food place with very large children. It upsets me when kids ask for food and the parents say 'just microwave a pizza' etc.

However, I am aware that in my mind I am being a hypocrite as if someone is aware of what they are putting into their body and they exercise and stay slim but still enjoy a lot of junk food then I'm fine with that. So it's not the food itself, it's when you let the food become so important to you that you choose it over your health. I.e there's a family of 10st people and a family of 30st people in KFC. Which one are most people likely to judge a bit without knowing anything else about them other than the fact they both happen to be in KFC right now.
I don't look down on junk food. I get annoyed at people who willing let themselves become unhealthy with the aid of it amongst other reasons mainly lack of exercise.
When it starts to get too much, say 3 or more trips to fast food places in a week - then I start to take pity on my housemates.
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier
I am a little judgemental of it as my family are suckers for it. It can be easy to fall into the habit of quick and easy food and you can pass it onto your children. It upsets me when I see very large people eating in a fast food place with very large children. It upsets me when kids ask for food and the parents say 'just microwave a pizza' etc.

However, I am aware that in my mind I am being a hypocrite as if someone is aware of what they are putting into their body and they exercise and stay slim but still enjoy a lot of junk food then I'm fine with that. So it's not the food itself, it's when you let the food become so important to you that you choose it over your health. I.e there's a family of 10st people and a family of 30st people in KFC. Which one are most people likely to judge a bit without knowing anything else about them other than the fact they both happen to be in KFC right now.

It doesn't upset me, it's a free world, so i don't really care who does what........
Is this judmental?
I eat junk food, yet i go gym and i have a six pack etcetc. Fast food will only correlate to weight increase if youre eating in a surplus. I could technically eat junk food everyday and keep my excellent shape
Original post by Limpopo
I dont look down on them. Its their choice if they want to eat rubbish,get fat,unhealthy and die. It only bothers me if it costs me. I dont want to see fatties in hospitals having bariatric surgery at NHS expense.
Depends on how much they're eating. I go to McDonald's every now and then, that causes no damage to me whatsoever. Going several times a week would though.

And I'm not as bothered by people making themselves fat (though I am still bothered about it) as I am about fat people who end up getting their children fat as well because they eat so much junk food in childhood. Because then their laziness and unhealthy eating habits are being passed on to other people. That's the real problem - it's probably harder to change your lifestyle if you've been like that as a child than if you didn't become that way until adulthood.
and still be at risk from hyptentension, stroke, etc. learn some nutrition, dope...
If they are healthy, then no. If they are unhealthy because of it, then yes, they need to sort it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Someone eating nothing but Kale is more suspicious.
Original post by darcus aernelius
good for you....i take it your BP and cholestrol are high..meh..

Most probably ! :smile:
Most probably ! :smile:

How fat are you
Original post by schindlers list
How fat are you

A little bit
A little bit

Lol
I've always been skinny and i eat junk food probably once a day and it doesn't affect me (as in make me fatter). I wish i was fatter :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest