The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
pffft, 77 points mate :wink:
didn't even have sanchez captain :cool:

still in the cup, climbing up on the TSR league, won my H2H - things looking pretty good!

sacrificed fabregas and berahino for aguero and a sub midfielder
i still have hazard and costa so i don't think it'll cost me too much from a chelsea perspective.
although i'll probably take a risk and swap the latter for sturridge when my boy returns.

sounds good :smile: - would love a cup run one year.. always get knocked out first round.. this year by a guy who had about 400pts less then me overall, or something silly like that..

+ how far have you climbed in the league now?
Original post by fallen_acorns
sounds good :smile: - would love a cup run one year.. always get knocked out first round.. this year by a guy who had about 400pts less then me overall, or something silly like that..

+ how far have you climbed in the league now?

tbh, i don't care that much - from what i've seen, only the winner actually gets something and that's never gonna happen anyway.

i feel your pain; in my H2H league there's an inactive team that got their highest points score of the season when they just HAPPENED to be up against me...

climbed up to 35th - not that high but i started terrible and only a few weeks back i was consistently stuck at around 50th, so it's a definite improvement!
this TSR league is stupidly high standard though - in any other normal league i'd probably be top 2 or 3 -_-
where are you?
80 points for me. Would have been sexual if i'd flamin' captained Sanchez. :facepalm2:

Climbing up slowly!
Any suggestions on a 4.0 defender? Preferably not from West Brom.
Original post by RedDevil014
Any suggestions on a 4.0 defender? Preferably not from West Brom.

Wasilewski from leicster. Costs only 3.9.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need to make a decision on Austin. Got a fair chuck of cash in the bank so can upgrade to like 11mil but there aren't many decent options :s
Aguero to bag a few vs arsenal?
Debating captaining him
Original post by Zerforax
I need to make a decision on Austin. Got a fair chuck of cash in the bank so can upgrade to like 11mil but there aren't many decent options :s

Same here lol. People saying he has tough fixtures are right but he has scored away to chelsea and arsenal plus scored two at home vs city so I can't really see him stopping scoring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Same here lol. People saying he has tough fixtures are right but he has scored away to chelsea and arsenal plus scored two at home vs city so I can't really see him stopping scoring

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can see him scoring against Man Utd at home..
Di maria looked like **** the other day although he did come back from injury. Was considering putting him in.

Not sure where I'll fit walcott too if I decide. Think it's better if I have a strike force of Sergio aguero/Sturridge (when he returns) and Kane & just keep downing and siggy though.
Austin hasn't scored from open play in 4 games. Their fixtures aren't great as everyone knows, and there is speculation over the managers future. I'd be very uncomfortable going with Kane AND Austin on a WC unless there was a clear plan to bring someone else in.

Zerf, hold on to him until Sturridge is fit?
WC played..

Aguaro in..

My stubborness to bring him in after the last time he was injured cost me so badly, this time I will just have to suck it up and get him.

ADM in - not sure why.. need a differencial, and he fits the bill as a player who has the potential now he is fit again to score well..

Bellerin in - Debuchy is out for 3 months, and wenger seems to perfer chambers as a CB (+ is resting him at the moment) so I fancy bellerin to get a good amount of game-time for asenal, and will be a nice bench option for me..

Few other changes as well, but they were the main ones I wanted to do
quite content without my WC tbh - i think i'll only play it if i'm unlucky enough to have multiple players injured in a GW

aguero, kane and sturridge (when he returns) up front will be interesting
no need to have costa - aguero is stupidly clinical and sturridge is the only liverpool player who can finish
Seems like EVERYONE is planning to get Sturridge. I am not. Will make things interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Seems like EVERYONE is planning to get Sturridge. I am not. Will make things interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. I think l'll be happy enough with Aguero and Costa.
Somehow I have 8 Mill spare with wc activated :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't see the point in rushing Sturridge back in?

He won't play this weekend and probably won't be match fit for a while?

Nah, definitely not getting him this weekend.
And next week we have cup games.
I'll probably bring him in just before the West Ham game on the 31st.
Original post by Lúcio
Nah, definitely not getting him this weekend.
And next week we have cup games.
I'll probably bring him in just before the West Ham game on the 31st.

I may bring him in when I play my January wildcard or may just retain enough funds to upgrade to him. He's been out for like 5 months?

You have until Gameweek 23 ends (7 Feb 11:30) to use the January wildcard?
(edited 9 years ago)

Definitely not now but its nice to have a plan to get him in.

Gonna gamble on Chambers as 5th defender as well, hopefully he's nailed on over Bellerin. I suspect they'll both be rotated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest