The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Defragmentation
Freshfields AC Invite. Perfect time to receive it, feel much much better going into my A&O AC tomorrow ahaha

Well done! Good luck for your interviews.
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Congrats :biggrin: good luck!

Original post by givemegoodnews
Well done! Do you mind me asking when you applied?

Original post by Chianti1
Well done! Good luck for your interviews.

Thaaanks guys!

I applied relatively late, around the 29th December?
Original post by Defragmentation
Thaaanks guys!

I applied relatively late, around the 29th December?

You applied at a similar time to me then. I applied for the direct TC so maybe I'll have to wait a bit longer for a response.
AC with Freshfields, applied for direct TC mid dec
Just found out I have a Freshfields vac scheme interview! Good luck all :smile:
Original post by pp93
Has anyone heard either way from Olswang, Stephenson Harwood and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co?

I haven't heard yet - applied 29th Dec. When did you apply?

Original post by footchemllab
I applied to Olswang last week. Did an online test yesterday and I have a phone interview with them next Tuesday :smile:

Congrats on telephone interview. They recruit on a rolling basis, so does that mean that because I applied before you - it's likely a rejection if I haven't heard yet?
So glad I read this thread, had a Weil Watson Glazer invite in my junk inbox! Have to do it tonight.

Has anyone got any tips for the Watson Glazer? I've never sat one before.

Thanks
Original post by STheBlondie
So glad I read this thread, had a Weil Watson Glazer invite in my junk inbox! Have to do it tonight.

Has anyone got any tips for the Watson Glazer? I've never sat one before.

Thanks

Try these practice tests http://www.cliffordchancegraduates.com/apply/practice-tests/ http://www.linklatersgraduates.co.uk/application-process/critical-thinking-test
Original post by footchemllab
I applied to Olswang last week. Did an online test yesterday and I have a phone interview with them next Tuesday :smile:

If you applied to Olswang last week and have done tests and phone interview, and I applied first week in December, can I comfortable assume it's a PFO?
Herbert Smith Freehills Assessment Centre Invitation!
Any one gave the Osborne Clarke verbal reasoning test!?
Reply 1212
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I haven't heard yet - applied 29th Dec. When did you apply?

Congrats on telephone interview. They recruit on a rolling basis, so does that mean that because I applied before you - it's likely a rejection if I haven't heard yet?

If you mean Olswang I applied in November so I'm assuming that's a rejection if people after me are getting invites!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't suppose anybody has been to a Norton Rose Fulbright AC yet?! Any advice most appreciated :smile:
Reply 1214
Original post by Chianti1
I've been told that my Stephenson Harwood application is currently on hold. What stage are you at with WLG? I got to the AC stage for the winter scheme so I can tell you how long they tend to take to get back to you at each stage.

I'm also on hold with Stephenson Harwood after applying for the winter vacation scheme! WLG I got an email on the 6th saying I had passed the tests and they were now reviewing my application form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pp93
If you mean Olswang I applied in November so I'm assuming that's a rejection if people after me are getting invites!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wonder if they have us on hold or something? I would of thought for rolling interviews, they would send us a rejection once they have reviewed our application if they are not going to offer us an interview.
Original post by pp93
I'm also on hold with Stephenson Harwood after applying for the winter vacation scheme! WLG I got an email on the 6th saying I had passed the tests and they were now reviewing my application form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

WLG took a week to invite me to a telephone interview after the application review email. They took about 24 hours to invite me to the AC after the telephone interview.
Anyone willing to share the format of the King Wood Malleson video interview - Unsure how much to prepare..
Some guidance please! On the Mishcon application it says

"If we were to invite you to interview, what is the subject that you would most like to talk about? And why? We are looking for you to choose a topic you are passionate about, that you believe will be of interest to us."

Should I pick a topic that would specifically relate to the work that Mishcon does? There are specific aspects of art law that I'm interested which is one of their practise areas, or should I pick something that still has legal/commercial elements but isn't necessarily completely related to their work? I have a few ideas but some input would be useful! Thanks
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I wonder if they have us on hold or something? I would of thought for rolling interviews, they would send us a rejection once they have reviewed our application if they are not going to offer us an interview.

Original post by pp93

Posted from TSR Mobile

I contacted Olswang about this and they said that applications are not reviewed chronologically - which seems bizarre, but whatever. Everyone will have head in 2-3 weeks maximum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending