The Student Room Group

Advice needed to guys about girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shafy97
Do girls get put off by height of other boys? I like some girls but I fear they may reject me due to height. Also does skin colour play a part in getting girls? I'm only asking this because I'm a Bangali.

How tall are you? It's likely to be off-putting to girls 5'7 and above because they're tall themselves and don't want to tower above a guy in heels. Plenty of petite women about though.

Literal skin colour? No. But again, some girls don't find SE Asians attractive, not so much a colour issue but a cultural association some women may find off-putting. But again, for plenty of women it's not an issue. The right woman won't care :smile:.
Original post by Foo.mp3

I'm not too eager, or I surely I would lift :sad:

Only an impression, unfortunately they can be far removed from the truth sometimes.

Anyway you appear to be successful with girls most of the time :tongue:
Original post by Blaq_widow
How tall are you? It's likely to be off-putting to girls 5'7 and above because they're tall themselves and don't want to tower above a guy in heels. Plenty of petite women about though.

Literal skin colour? No. But again, some girls don't find SE Asians attractive, not so much a colour issue but a cultural association some women may find off-putting. But again, for plenty of women it's not an issue. The right woman won't care :smile:.

Lol, you see since I'm Bangali, I kinda eat a lot but I'm not fat. I think the main obstruction is religion I'm Muslim, I can talk to girls but not literally go out with them. But the problem I have is the approach. I've got plenty of banter up my sleeve but I don't know how to do it.
Original post by Shafy97
Lol, you see since I'm Bangali, I kinda eat a lot but I'm not fat. I think the main obstruction is religion I'm Muslim, I can talk to girls but not literally go out with them. But the problem I have is the approach. I've got plenty of banter up my sleeve but I don't know how to do it.

Religion makes it tricky...I take it you're a devout Muslim? In which case compatibility is a must. You need someone who's beliefs and principles are in line with your own, not necessarily Muslim but someone who also applies a lot of discipline in their lives. Someone who respects the fact you don't want to drink/have sex before marriage/etc. Not easy in a liberal society ha...

When chatting up girls, de-pressure the situation. Don't put so much importance on the outcome. It's like that job that you desperately want - you want it so much that you over-prepare, stutter and come off a lot less cool than you usually are. Girls can smell the nerves :biggrin:
I thnk you should give her sometime let her know you and she'll let you know where and when to start trust me being a girl i know what we feel
Reply 25
Original post by Shafy97
Do girls get put off by height of other boys? I like some girls but I fear they may reject me due to height. Also does skin colour play a part in getting girls? I'm only asking this because I'm a Bangali.

this is the truth - yes girls like attractive guys so you know tall guys have an advantage, girls can't help that however, if you are confident in your self and you are genuine, you will have a higher chance then being an insecure boy. No girl that's actually serious about like a relationship thinks wow he's brown, i can't go there, in 2015 anyway. i know a Bangali guy who is in uni and pulls a lot of girls because he's just himself, he's confident and that is defo what girls are into the most.
Original post by Hate_skl
this is the truth - yes girls like attractive guys so you know tall guys have an advantage, girls can't help that however, if you are confident in your self and you are genuine, you will have a higher chance then being an insecure boy. No girl that's actually serious about like a relationship thinks wow he's brown, i can't go there, in 2015 anyway. i know a Bangali guy who is in uni and pulls a lot of girls because he's just himself, he's confident and that is defo what girls are into the most.

Cheers, the names Shaf btw, I'm into dancing, beatboxing and Karaoke, would those skills work?
Reply 27
Original post by Shafy97
Cheers, the names Shaf btw, I'm into dancing, beatboxing and Karaoke, would those skills work?

as long as you believe they work --> confidence :wink:
Original post by Foo.mp3
I am the truth

True. I would like to think that it's because not holding hands straight away must be the way to go. Last I heard it's because I lift, tho :sad:

If you lift, no problem though right?
Original post by Hate_skl
i'm so bored

if you need advice, tell your story :smile:

#promotingmystory
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3087093
thoughts?? or is the problem..unclear tbh
Original post by JackBlack
Dont ask just do it. Be a man. If she in anyway seems uncomfortable or pulls away, apologise and dont try again until you've known each other a while .

Very good advice :yep:

I hate it when guys try and hold my hand :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous
#promotingmystory
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3087093
thoughts?? or is the problem..unclear tbh

your reading too much into it. it's not really a big deal, he may have not seen it or not in the mood. i think you should become just friends with him through class first so you can get to know him more and decide if you really do want to do something. And if you do then it'll be much more easier to initiate a relationship. but slow down and focus on your studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending