The Student Room Group

Do you look down on people who eat junk food a lot?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by schindlers list
Lol

What's your take on that
Only if they're fat and constantly complain about being fat.
i guess it shows a lack of discipline, so i get why ppl do. that being said, i dont look down on them .
(edited 9 years ago)
People who eat junk food while maintaining a lean physique I have more respect for than anyone, because it shows they actually properly understand nutrition, unlike both fat people and annoying obsessive healthy eaters, both of whom are almost equally retarded.
Nope, their choice. I don't like seeing parents feeding their babies McDonalds fries because it's just a bad start for them but the parents probably think nothing of it. I think there needs to be more education in nutrition as, yes, everyone knows if you eat a lot of Mc Donalds you'll get fat, but I reckon some people don't realise that just because you don't gain weight doesn't mean it's not damaging your insides and clogging up your arteries. People don't realise the impact your diet has on your health. Eating fruits and vegetables lowers your risk of cancers, eating fibre lowers bowel cancer risks, etc.

I eat fast food fairly often (just yesterday I had a popcorn chicken snackbox for lunch mmm) but I am aware that it's high in fast, salt, calories, etc. I know it's terrible for me and so should be a rare treat and not a daily occurrence. Therefore I restrict how much fast food I eat and make sure the rest of my meals are more balanced as well as exercise six times a week.
Original post by beyknowles
nah I always eat **** food it's the nicest

you're a woman, provided you stay below a certain body fat% you can get away with this and even be allowed to call out a guy as shallow if they judge you for it
Original post by bertstare
People who eat junk food while maintaining a lean physique I have more respect for than anyone, because it shows they actually properly understand nutrition, unlike both fat people and annoying obsessive healthy eaters, both of whom are almost equally retarded.

but in practice this IIFYM which is not 'a lot' by OP's standards, QED
if I'm completely honest, I was scared to have certain foods in front of my ex because I thought she'd be thinking 'beta pussy no sense of self-control, going to find myself a REAL man' and then a week later dump me

in practice she asked me 'why don't you eat properly' :s-smilie:
Original post by schindlers list
Is this judmental?
I eat junk food, yet i go gym and i have a six pack etcetc. Fast food will only correlate to weight increase if youre eating in a surplus. I could technically eat junk food everyday and keep my excellent shape

note that lean physique =/= optimal health; presence of trans-fats in particular, but also excess sodium, high sugar levels and nutritional deficiencies can occur from high junk food diet
I do, yeah. Do you have some kind of justifiable justification for sitting there and growing a pot belly from having too many burgers, accessorized with corn on the cob in this day and age with so much talk about healthy eating? :lolwut:
No, considering food companies deliberately design their products to hook people onto them.
Original post by SecretDuck
No, considering food companies deliberately design their products to hook people onto them.

you would be surprised how few people sympathise with addicts :wink:
Original post by Fashion Girl
I do, yeah. Do you have some kind of justifiable justification for sitting there and growing a pot belly from having too many burgers, accessorized with corn on the cob in this day and age with so much talk about healthy eating? :lolwut:

ironically corn on the cob is fairly healthy and a lean cut of a burger isn't the worst thing either :u:

Also the talk about healthy eating is largely considered by the former generation one of the many health scares. For example my dad doesn't think protein is crucial to meals

as you can see from my many replies, the subject is fairly…sensitive issue to me
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
ironically corn on the cob is fairly healthy and a lean cut of a burger isn't the worst thing either :u:

Also the talk about healthy eating is largely considered by the former generation one of the many health scares. For example my dad doesn't think protein is crucial to meals

as you can see from my many replies, the subject is fairly…sensitive issue to me

Well, that figures if you think people don't eat corn on the cob with burgers (or even snap beans, if you want they can be so healthy!) and act like corn can then pass off as healthy eating because they have just had 15 lean-meat burgers in a day, for breakfast, dinner, lunch! :lolwut:
Well, that figures if you think people don't eat corn on the cob with burgers (or even snap beans, if you want they can be so healthy!) and act like corn can then pass off as healthy eating because they have just had 15 lean-meat burgers in a day, for breakfast, dinner, lunch! :lolwut:

15? Dunno where you got 15 from, I was talking about 1 or 2. Hyperbole much?

Sweetcorn is perfectly healthy in moderation, ideally without the butter but the B vitamins in it are still of use
note that lean physique =/= optimal health; presence of trans-fats in particular, but also excess sodium, high sugar levels and nutritional deficiencies can occur from high junk food diet

Trans-fat and fat - needed for testosterone
Sodium - needed for muscle contractions, hydration, and water retention (important for bodybuilding, diet and well being)
Nutritional deficiencies - dont worry i dont eat 5,000 kcals of McD 6 times/week
My point is even junk food can be good for yoi, in proportion.
15? Dunno where you got 15 from, I was talking about 1 or 2. Hyperbole much?

Sweetcorn is perfectly healthy in moderation, ideally without the butter but the B vitamins in it are still of use

Do I know you personally that I would say you are the people who ate 15 lean burgers? I said you probably don't know those so can say things like "Oh! Did you know? Corn on the Cob is actually healthy!" from that statement! :lolwut:
Not excessively as I enjoy it myself :tongue:

However I always feel a bit bad when like I see "fairly large" children taken into fast food restaurants by parents, whilst I understand it's cheap I don't think it's fair to raise a child with unhealthy eating habits.:erm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Do I know you personally that I would say you are the people who ate 15 lean burgers? I said you probably don't know those so can say things like "Oh! Did you know? Corn on the Cob is actually healthy!" from that statement! :lolwut:

nope you don't, but I told you a justification for it and then you invalidated that with hyperbole and 'oh, you're one of those excuse-makers' despite the fact I have been fairly neurotic about nutrition since 2008. Your entire statement appears to formulated around making me feel that I am wrong for expressing a disagreement with you.

Honestly though doughnuts are worse for you than burgers :tongue:
twice a week is okay.

Quick Reply

Latest