The Student Room Group

what do you if you feel less advanced than your peers?

what do you do if you less complex than most others your age?

what did they do to get insights?
If I'm less complex?.. Hmm.. That's a very subjective term, and I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

By more advanced do you mean mor intelligent, or more confident or something?

Either way, I wouldn't do anything, because I'm comfortable in my own skin.
more complex as in life knowledge....
I think he's talking about people with Down's Syndrome or something.
No, not disabilities...but then the standard knowledge of life that the many have...
Try to develop other attributes to hide my lack of knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile
You learn from your peers and grow from their knowledge.
I've learned that you should never compare yourself to other people, because you will always be disheartened. You have to remember that for everyone who seems to be doing better than you, there are many more who you're doing better than (not that it's necessarily a competition or anything though).

Also, I have a friend who moved to London for the job of her dreams, and we met up over Christmas and she was telling me about how miserable she was - but you would never, ever tell that from the things she posts on Facebook. She knows a couple more people who live down there who we know from school, and two of them are also very miserable, and are only staying in the job because they feel as though they should.

So never assume that people who's lives you think are perfect are actually happy with it themselves, because this is very, very often not the case at all.
Read, travel, listen, reflekt, etc.
learn from them. Reflect on it. try it
Original post by Sulpha
I think I know about 3/4 people who are exactly the same. Moved to London for perfect jobs and are now absolutely miserable.

All of them on Facebook however look like they're living the perfect life.

Yeah, that's the problem with Facebook. People post perfect lives but I always think to myself if your life was that perfect you wouldn't have the need or the time to be on Facebook.

I admit I do it myself though. Like I will put a photo up when I've had a good day out, or if I win a good contract, even though most days aren't anything extraordinary.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I've learned that you should never compare yourself to other people, because you will always be disheartened. You have to remember that for everyone who seems to be doing better than you, there are many more who you're doing better than (not that it's necessarily a competition or anything though).

Also, I have a friend who moved to London for the job of her dreams, and we met up over Christmas and she was telling me about how miserable she was - but you would never, ever tell that from the things she posts on Facebook. She knows a couple more people who live down there who we know from school, and two of them are also very miserable, and are only staying in the job because they feel as though they should.

So never assume that people who's lives you think are perfect are actually happy with it themselves, because this is very, very often not the case at all.

Not that I enjoy hearing that some of your friends are miserable, but thank you for posting this, I really needed this sense of perspective today! I hope they all manage to find situations that they're much happier with soon.
Original post by Antifazian
Not that I enjoy hearing that some of your friends are miserable, but thank you for posting this, I really needed this sense of perspective today! I hope they all manage to find situations that they're much happier with soon.

I know what you mean though.. when I found out they were miserable, my feeling was one of relief! I mean, I might not be living a perfect life (who does, of course) but at least I'm not miserable and I'm near my family!
I know what you mean though.. when I found out they were miserable, my feeling was one of relief! I mean, I might not be living a perfect life (who does, of course) but at least I'm not miserable and I'm near my family!

Very true! I think part of the problem is we're all made to buy into this very specific idea of success (Go to uni, get job in London etc.) when in fact, it probably isn't what the majority of people actually want, they just think they should want it. So if you don't have it, even if it would make you miserable if you did, you feel like a failure.
Reply 14
ive got dyslexia and in school they thought adhd too so they took me as dumb. i try to soak up as much from other people as i can. you can learn a lot that way. theres no point feeling sorry for yourself tho
Yeah, that's the problem with Facebook. People post perfect lives but I always think to myself if your life was that perfect you wouldn't have the need or the time to be on Facebook.

I admit I do it myself though. Like I will put a photo up when I've had a good day out, or if I win a good contract, even though most days aren't anything extraordinary.

No, everybody else got life knowledge....they were told outright....so can I be...i see no reason why not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending