The Student Room Group

ANGRY!!. I dont Understand this girl.

we are just friends who have met at uni in year2, so not known her for long. But all she does is want to argue with me. When we are alone its just agreement and argument. In person or over texts

for example, on saturday after the holidays we sat down with a group of friends to study maths. She was fine with me, just talking normal stuff what friends do. After everyone else left me and her stayed behind to get some more work done.

I was working, and she asked why i was soo quiet, because its not like me. Then after that it was an argument for an hour, about relationships, love, wars, global warming, politics, films, the girls i speak to. So everything.

Why does she choose to do this to me. Always argue?
I asked her if she is interested in me, but she said she is religious not want a BF.
So what does she want?
The thing is, i cant get enough of her, and she is always asking me to meet her up?

Scroll to see replies

I get the sense that you like her a little but why so? She might just be one of those people who loves all the talk/drama/confrontation around her.
Original post by civilstudent
I get the sense that you like her a little? .

How did you reach that conclusion :rolleyes:

Original post by apple1992

The thing is, I cant get enough of her, and she is always asking me to meet her up?
Reply 3
I get the sense that you like her a little but why so? She might just be one of those people who loves all the talk/drama/confrontation around her.

she could be, but she is normal around everyone else.
Yes I like her because I have never met some like this before. But I am not interested in a relationship with her.
Original post by ,,,,
How did you reach that conclusion :rolleyes:

Was just trying to discuss it, seems you like a little confrontation too then : p
Reply 5
Was just trying to discuss it with you, seems you like a little confrontation too then : p

yes i do, but all the time.
I just dont get what she wnats
If you like her then why do you not want a relationship with her?
Reply 7
Original post by tammie123
If you like her then why do you not want a relationship with her?

Because she not the type of girl who I would date.
But why does she always want to argue.
we are just friends who have met at uni in year2, so not known her for long. But all she does is want to argue with me. When we are alone its just agreement and argument. In person or over texts

for example, on saturday after the holidays we sat down with a group of friends to study maths. She was fine with me, just talking normal stuff what friends do. After everyone else left me and her stayed behind to get some more work done.

I was working, and she asked why i was soo quiet, because its not like me. Then after that it was an argument for an hour, about relationships, love, wars, global warming, politics, films, the girls i speak to. So everything.

Why does she choose to do this to me. Always argue?
I asked her if she is interested in me, but she said she is religious not want a BF.
So what does she want?
The thing is, i cant get enough of her, and she is always asking me to meet her up?

i'd like to find out how those two statements link up. Personally i think she just wants to have a debate all the time, probably not a good idea to try for a relationship
Because she not the type of girl who I would date.
But why does she always want to argue.

Hmm I think maybe she enjoys the debates you guys have, it also depends on what kind of arguments you tend to have, could you give some examples? It might help.

What is it about her that's stopping you from wanting to date her when you have a crush on her? I'm a bit confused.
Reply 10
Are you sure she's trying to start arguments with you, or just trying to have intellectual debate?
Reply 11
Always confuses me how people make threads of individuals they know, but are struggling to understand, but expect a forum full of strangers to know them better.
Reply 12
Original post by Ahava
Are you sure she's trying to start arguments with you, or just trying to have intellectual debate?

no not really academic debates.
Mostly related to out personal lives.
I cant stand girls who just want to argue for the sake of playing the devils advocate. Its immature. I have had my fair share of that type.
Original post by Yawn11
Always confuses me how people make threads of individuals they know, but are struggling to understand, but expect a forum full of strangers to know them better.

Haha right on.
Reply 15
no not really academic debates.
Mostly related to out personal lives.

Hmm if she makes it personal then I guess that's tricky. Have you tried talking to her politely about it? Maybe suggest that you have light hearted, nice conversation instead of arguing?

If it's really making you angry though, maybe you should try to spend less time around her.
Reply 16
Original post by tammie123
Hmm I think maybe she enjoys the debates you guys have, it also depends on what kind of arguments you tend to have, could you give some examples? It might help.

What is it about her that's stopping you from wanting to date her when you have a crush on her? I'm a bit confused.

Arguments can range from anything. A recent one, was how I was brought up in bubble wrap, because I believed in giving people second chances when they break you trust.
Another one was howI am manipulating a girl along
The arguing side stops me. Being In a relationship already has enough arguments.
Reply 17
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
I cant stand girls who just want to argue for the sake of playing the devils advocate. Its immature. I have had my fair share of that type.

I never really met a girl like that. Maybe this is the reason.
Reply 18
Original post by Ahava
Hmm if she makes it personal then I guess that's tricky. Have you tried talking to her politely about it? Maybe suggest that you have light hearted, nice conversation instead of arguing?

If it's really making you angry though, maybe you should try to spend less time around her.

Its nothing offence, but usually about our differing life styles.
But if you like her that way what is the trouble? Clearly she likes to argue with you over the fact that some chick said all these nasty stuff to her or something like that and she really didn't deserve it? What's the matter, no longer like having to hear all of that? Sounds to me, like you really need to make up your mind over her: you know how nagging some women can be! Hey, you know something! Many women think men actually love that and try to encourage all women to be just like that (& ofcourse argue bout global warming!) but hey that is what you often have to put up with when you date some of them. What does she want? I think she wants you to want her and really tell her and this is her way to get you but it's fine because you already love her so much, even she seems to have thought so, apparently, surely, I think, because she sure can read you like a book (maybe she is well-versed in men too?) so your half way there! Enjoy her company on politics till you can figure out more on what is the deal with this girl you so love, even she isn't clueless bout it!...I think I might be though! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending