The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by rs2210
Congratulations - great to see you got your first choice.

Can I ask if you have completed all your pre-appointment checks (more specifically, sending in your degree certificate)?

Wondering if I will hear from my department before I graduate or if I will have to wait until I have posted in my certificate.

When did you get the option to choose department? I have chosen a preferred location on the posting form but not a department. Is this for specific streams?
Original post by ailss
When did you get the option to choose department? I have chosen a preferred location on the posting form but not a department. Is this for specific streams?

I was able to choose 3 'preferred' departments on my application form as well as a preferred location.

I'm on the Social Research stream.
Original post by rs2210
Congratulations - great to see you got your first choice.

Can I ask if you have completed all your pre-appointment checks (more specifically, sending in your degree certificate)?

Wondering if I will hear from my department before I graduate or if I will have to wait until I have posted in my certificate.

Thank you!
I completed all of my pre-appointment checks before Christmas. My current employer reference is on hold as I don't have to request that until I decide to accept the post.
Original post by rs2210
I was able to choose 3 'preferred' departments on my application form as well as a preferred location.

I'm on the Social Research stream.

Yep, that's what I did. I too am on the Social Research stream, but I don't think every stream asks for location preference.
Has anyone who had their FSAC last week/this week heard back yet? I'm on "Awaiting Results" now :smile:
Original post by Foreordained99
Has anyone who had their FSAC last week/this week heard back yet? I'm on "Awaiting Results" now :smile:

Mine was last week - still waiting!
Original post by Azza919
Wonderrrrful, mind if I PM you for some more deets?

Heya, happy to answer more questions, but I'd prefer to keep it public for fairness.
Reply 1727
Sorry if it's been asked but how quickly has people's 'Awaiting Event' been updated. Mine was on the 13th Jan, so been two days and no update.

Also when it's updated can you then apply for expenses.

Cheers folks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anybody who has already been through FSAC could let me know whether the 'imaginative solutions' part of the written test (where you have 15 minutes to list as many possible ideas for a given problem i.e. childhood obesity) has been removed this year? I recall people mentioning it in previous years and am now a bit confused as it seems very similar to the final part of the e-tray written test.

Thanks for any insight you can offer! :smile:
Original post by meganfleur
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anybody who has already been through FSAC could let me know whether the 'imaginative solutions' part of the written test (where you have 15 minutes to list as many possible ideas for a given problem i.e. childhood obesity) has been removed this year? I recall people mentioning it in previous years and am now a bit confused as it seems very similar to the final part of the e-tray written test.

Thanks for any insight you can offer! :smile:

There is an imaginative solutions as you call it part of the FSAC however it isn't on th topic you mentioned.

It's all built part of your policy reccomendation exercise so time management on it would be down to you.

Hope this helps.
Original post by Tas321
There is an imaginative solutions as you call it part of the FSAC however it isn't on th topic you mentioned.

It's all built part of your policy reccomendation exercise so time management on it would be down to you.

Hope this helps.

Hi Tas,

Thanks - I only picked an example topic as I haven't yet done the FSAC!
Original post by meganfleur
Hi Tas,

Thanks - I only picked an example topic as I haven't yet done the FSAC!

Oops sorry I assumed you were referencing a topic that had occurred before.
Reply 1732
Does anyone know if the employer/academic reference requests are sent out by post or email?

Mine was sent out on 6th Jan and still says 'requested' :frown:
You're best checking with Parity. Once I was accepted last year, the application site was updated a lot less frequently (especially with things that are not going through parity).
Original post by ailss
Does anyone know if the employer/academic reference requests are sent out by post or email?

Mine was sent out on 6th Jan and still says 'requested' :frown:

Mine was sent by email. So it may be worth checking with your referees if your worried they've not done it yet.
Has anyone heard anything for January yet?
Original post by Glc0789
Has anyone heard anything for January yet?

I've still heard nothing (attended FSAC 6 Jan). At this stage I'm assuming that this indicates I've been amber-banded for Diplomatic Service; hardly surprising, I suspect most if not all of us have been. Apparently 6 January was the first FSAC with FCO candidates.

Presumably if DS is our first preference they won't tell us whether we met the initial pass mark for Central Departments until our DS applications are concluded - does anyone know any different?
Reply 1737
Original post by GManTheGMan
You're best checking with Parity. Once I was accepted last year, the application site was updated a lot less frequently (especially with things that are not going through parity).

Great! can you please give some examples of the kind of questions you are asked in the competency based inteview?
Reply 1738
Original post by JimsFortis
I've still heard nothing (attended FSAC 6 Jan). At this stage I'm assuming that this indicates I've been amber-banded for Diplomatic Service; hardly surprising, I suspect most if not all of us have been. Apparently 6 January was the first FSAC with FCO candidates.

Presumably if DS is our first preference they won't tell us whether we met the initial pass mark for Central Departments until our DS applications are concluded - does anyone know any different?

Good luck! Can you please tell a bit in detail about FSAC...the kind of questions they ask in competency based interview? Any examples?
Reply 1739
Original post by JimsFortis

Is your status 'Awaiting Results'? I had my FSAC on Tuesday there (Diplomatic scheme as well) and it's still 'Awaiting Event'.

Quick Reply

Latest