University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helenb96
Yay! String instruments are the way forward :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey - I'm a string player! Violin mainly 😊 but I've applied for Geography and Notts is my insurance.

Strings forever!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Nottie
Well done for all who made Nottingham they firm choice, you defo won't regret it :smile:.
If you have any questions concerning accomodation I m happy to answer them all (quote me here or PM me)

Do you know anything about the self-catered accomodation? E.g. what they are (house/flats/studio), how many people in each, mixed or single sex, layout

I'm going to a visit day in march and hope to see the self-catered accomodation but i don't have the faintest idea of what to expect (apart from having a kitchen)
I'm confused, I got an email saying I've been given an offer and there is info about applicant visit days etc. Yet, track hasn't updated..

Has anyone had this? Is it actually an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I'm confused, I got an email saying I've been given an offer and there is info about applicant visit days etc. Yet, track hasn't updated..

Has anyone had this? Is it actually an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The most likely cause is that they haven't had time to update track yet. If track hasn't been updated after a week or so you might want to call them and ask but it's a really busy time now so they'll probably just get round to it when they can
Original post by bella_shadow
The most likely cause is that they haven't had time to update track yet. If track hasn't been updated after a week or so you might want to call them and ask but it's a really busy time now so they'll probably just get round to it when they can

Awesome, thanks for the info!

I understand how inundated they will be with last minute applications, so it would be best to wait.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

I understand how inundated they will be with last minute applications, so it would be best to wait.

No problem! This happened to me with Leeds just before the holidays but I can only imagine how hectic it is now with the flood of applications coming in
Original post by daisystones
Hey - I'm a string player! Violin mainly 😊 but I've applied for Geography and Notts is my insurance.

Strings forever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No problem! This happened to me with Leeds just before the holidays but I can only imagine how hectic it is now with the flood of applications coming in

It's now official! Blajghdjruru - so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's now official! Blajghdjruru - so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!! Maybe I'll see you there. Are you gonna firm Notts? Where else have you applied to for which courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats!!! Maybe I'll see you there. Are you gonna firm Notts? Where else have you applied to for which courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

I definitely will; if I get Edinburgh I'll need to decide between them but for now, yeah!

Computer Science at Edinburgh, Notts, Reading and Loughborough. Computer Systems Engineering at Lancaster (my other offer).

What about you?
Thanks!

I definitely will; if I get Edinburgh I'll need to decide between them but for now, yeah!

Computer Science at Edinburgh, Notts, Reading and Loughborough. Computer Systems Engineering at Lancaster (my other offer).

What about you?

I'm applying for Modern Language Studies (French, Portuguese and ab inito German) at Notts; French and Portuguese at Bristol, Manchester, Leeds and Southampton.

I'm waiting on Manchester and Leeds to reply so that I can firm Notts but I'm considering withdrawing my application to those two unis seeing as I don't really want to go to either (Bristol's my insurance).

Have you visited any uni yet? I can't wait to visit Notts to see if I like the feel of it (and the accommodation)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for Modern Language Studies (French, Portuguese and ab inito German) at Notts; French and Portuguese at Bristol, Manchester, Leeds and Southampton.

I'm waiting on Manchester and Leeds to reply so that I can firm Notts but I'm considering withdrawing my application to those two unis seeing as I don't really want to go to either (Bristol's my insurance).

Have you visited any uni yet? I can't wait to visit Notts to see if I like the feel of it (and the accommodation)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I love languages as well! Been learning French since I was about 7 and just started getting into Japanese. :biggrin: Awesome choices BTW!

I've only been able to visit Edinburgh. It's quite difficult because I'm up in Aberdeen - which is a good couple of miles away...

But, I plan to visit everywhere I get offers from so definitely going down at some point.
Ah, I love languages as well! Been learning French since I was about 7 and just started getting into Japanese. :biggrin: Awesome choices BTW!

I've only been able to visit Edinburgh. It's quite difficult because I'm up in Aberdeen - which is a good couple of miles away...

But, I plan to visit everywhere I get offers from so definitely going down at some point.

Thanks, computer science seems awesome too! I used to be really interested in computers before a terrible teacher ruined the area for before GCSE :/ It's true that a teacher can make or break a subject so I hope Nottingham has enthusiastic, decent teachers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey another language applicant! I've got an offer for German and i'm just waiting to firm. I went to the open day and loved the campus, i looked at the catered accomodation on campus and it was all really nice. Are you going to a UCAS visit day?
Original post by RavenclawPolly
Hey another language applicant! I've got an offer for German and i'm just waiting to firm. I went to the open day and loved the campus, i looked at the catered accomodation on campus and it was all really nice. Are you going to a UCAS visit day?

Hi! I know what you mean, I've heard great things about the campus and the atmosphere and I've firmed my offer. I'm going to the 21st March visit day but even if I'm not too keen about it I'm still going because the course is perfect for me! Are you going to a visit day?

What's attracting you to catered? I like the idea of having meals cooked for me but I wouldn't be able to stick to the meal times 😂
Hi! I know what you mean, I've heard great things about the campus and the atmosphere and I've firmed my offer. I'm going to the 21st March visit day but even if I'm not too keen about it I'm still going because the course is perfect for me! Are you going to a visit day?

What's attracting you to catered? I like the idea of having meals cooked for me but I wouldn't be able to stick to the meal times

Yeah I'm going on the 7th March. All the catered accomodation is right on campus, self catered is a it further out, but its not that far away. But catered will probably just be easier, i have a tendency to forget to eat when i'm working sometimes, so sticking to meal times is a good thing for me :smile:
Original post by RavenclawPolly

I'm a language applicant too! :wavey:
Well, actually not applicant I guess, because I already have my A levels and I've accepted my place. French and ab initio Spanish with Translation.
Do you know anything about the self-catered accomodation? E.g. what they are (house/flats/studio), how many people in each, mixed or single sex, layout

I'm going to a visit day in march and hope to see the self-catered accomodation but i don't have the faintest idea of what to expect (apart from having a kitchen)

I live in Self catered halls. Mine is called St Peter's Court and it's quite okay. It's abt 25 mins walk from the campus but you get a free hooper bus so you don't have to walk.
There are 6 people in our flat, 5 girls and 1 boy but you can request single sex flat. We have ensuites. The layout o the flat is a bit like a corridor with doors to kitchen in the back
Original post by Nottie
Well done for all who made Nottingham they firm choice, you defo won't regret it :smile:.
If you have any questions concerning accomodation I m happy to answer them all (quote me here or PM me)

Btw,which are the preferred halls for the chemistry students?
Thank you in advance:smile:
Original post by Nottie
I live in Self catered halls. Mine is called St Peter's Court and it's quite okay. It's abt 25 mins walk from the campus but you get a free hooper bus so you don't have to walk.
There are 6 people in our flat, 5 girls and 1 boy but you can request single sex flat. We have ensuites. The layout o the flat is a bit like a corridor with doors to kitchen in the back

That sounds perfect 😍 I'm looking at the brochure and it says the en suite is the cheapest price out of all the self-catered accommodation. So is there a separate laundry room where everyone goes to wash their clothes?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending