The Student Room Group

Girls - am I fat? Also whats your weight?

Scroll to see replies

I'm 16, 5'7" (well just under), 9 1/4 stone, 34DD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I weigh 51 kg. I'm 5' 4". And am a 32D

I'm 17
Reply 22
Thanks this really did help! x
Reply 23
Thanks this helped
Reply 24
Sorry it wouldn't let me quote it but thank you all your answers have helped a lot! x
I'm 5'5'' and 12 stone, but I don't pay attention to that number. I also compete in a sport where building muscle is important so a lot of that is muscle.
It's better to ignore the scale and just go by how you feel in your clothes. I am a size 8-12 on top and a 12-16 on the bottom depending on the shop or fit of the clothes.
You are 13. Eat what you want in moderation (aka stop when you're full), get plenty of fruit and veg and be active. If you're not active take up a sport and join a club, you'll be more likely to keep motivated. Don't aim to be a certain weight, it's a meaningless number for health unless you are morbidly obese or very underweight.
Reply 26
Original post by Piggsil
I'm 5'5'' and 12 stone, but I don't pay attention to that number. I also compete in a sport where building muscle is important so a lot of that is muscle.
It's better to ignore the scale and just go by how you feel in your clothes. I am a size 8-12 on top and a 12-16 on the bottom depending on the shop or fit of the clothes.
You are 13. Eat what you want in moderation (aka stop when you're full), get plenty of fruit and veg and be active. If you're not active take up a sport and join a club, you'll be more likely to keep motivated. Don't aim to be a certain weight, it's a meaningless number for health unless you are morbidly obese or very underweight.

okay thanks
I'm just over 5'5, 20 years old and weigh around 9 stone, clothes size 8/10, bra size varies depending on shop, usually around 32B/ 30C. I've stopped bothering so much about the scale, focussing more on how I look/ feel, but I run and so I wouldn't complain about losing around half a stone if it meant it would reduce my running time.

Anyways, at 13 years old I really can not emphasise this enough- DO NOT BOG YOURSELF DOWN WORRYING ABOUT WEIGHT AND CALORIES. You could really develop issues with food. Trust me, I know kids can be cruel. Find a sport you enjoy, which will not only help you stay in shape but also help you stay happy and boost your self esteem.

In terms of food, I'd say the healthiest attitude is not to restrict any foods, but instead aim to add in healthy food- especially fruit and vegetables. Puberty is going to change your body so much over the next few years, and it's still a few years until you can truly tell what your body shape is going to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by hermitthefrog
I'm just over 5'5, 20 years old and weigh around 9 stone, clothes size 8/10, bra size varies depending on shop, usually around 32B/ 30C. I've stopped bothering so much about the scale, focussing more on how I look/ feel, but I run and so I wouldn't complain about losing around half a stone if it meant it would reduce my running time.

Anyways, at 13 years old I really can not emphasise this enough- DO NOT BOG YOURSELF DOWN WORRYING ABOUT WEIGHT AND CALORIES. You could really develop issues with food. Trust me, I know kids can be cruel. Find a sport you enjoy, which will not only help you stay in shape but also help you stay happy and boost your self esteem.

In terms of food, I'd say the healthiest attitude is not to restrict any foods, but instead aim to add in healthy food- especially fruit and vegetables. Puberty is going to change your body so much over the next few years, and it's still a few years until you can truly tell what your body shape is going to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thanks honestly I can already tell a change from bout a year ago but being my age you still have to keep an eye on your weight because of food issues and stuff and don't worry I wont stave myself or something stupid like that and I will try and eat more healthy get more active and stuf so thanks anyway x
Original post by Lay♥
Aw thanks honestly I can already tell a change from bout a year ago but being my age you still have to keep an eye on your weight because of food issues and stuff and don't worry I wont stave myself or something stupid like that and I will try and eat more healthy get more active and stuf so thanks anyway x

Look after yourself hun. As above posters have said don't worry too much, just ensure you're being healthy (the odd treat is included in "healthy eating" too!). I'm 20 now, but when I was your age I developed anorexia and I can honestly say it's been horrid. Even to this day, although I'm now a good weight for my height and a size 10-12, I still suffer with it. Every day is a battle for me and I really wish I could go back to my 13 year old self and tell her to not worry, and to ignore all the bitchy girls.

Young women are taught to be far too hard on themselves.

Anyway, rant over, I hope anyone reading this remembers this whenever they're feeling pressure to lose weight fast :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by ColouredTights
Look after yourself hun. As above posters have said don't worry too much, just ensure you're being healthy (the odd treat is included in "healthy eating" too!). I'm 20 now, but when I was your age I developed anorexia and I can honestly say it's been horrid. Even to this day, although I'm now a good weight for my height and a size 10-12, I still suffer with it. Every day is a battle for me and I really wish I could go back to my 13 year old self and tell her to not worry, and to ignore all the bitchy girls.

Young women are taught to be far too hard on themselves.

Anyway, rant over, I hope anyone reading this remembers this whenever they're feeling pressure to lose weight fast :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope your better now, I know people who nearly got anorexia or at least was very close to it and they were very self-concussions about their weight and so am I. I try and ignore bitchy girls like but some can really judge you about it (I don't get bullied, it's just that some people do that have weight problems worse them me and they get picked on) and I am kind of hard on myself, sometimes, but only because I really want to lose weight and be 9 stone. I also gonna go boxercise tomorrow so doing more exercise and hopefully that will help me lose more weight I also go swimming twice a week but yeah like thanks for the comment :smile:
I'm 6ft and 8.9 stone, so just something to think about, you don't want to be too skinny. When you get older, you will be taller and it makes your body slimmer. Besides, as others have said you shouldn't worry about such things at your age.
Reply 32
Original post by WilliamsQI
I'm 6ft and 8.9 stone, so just something to think about, you don't want to be too skinny. When you get older, you will be taller and it makes your body slimmer. Besides, as others have said you shouldn't worry about such things at your age.

Okay, thanks
Reply 33
i'm 21, 5'11 and like, 9 stone 10 or something. i've put on a bit over christmas but i'm allowed to hahahaha yolo
best place to start would be to clean up your diet, get your mum or dad to help you like in terms of the kind of food they're buying and cooking for you and limit things like fizzy sugary or salty food/drink
start out walking loads, including hills, then maybe move on to fitness DVDs/youtube videos/boxercise classes/zumba etc, or you could try running intervals. there's an app called couch to 5k which directs you through walking and running intervals 3x a week for 9 weeks til you can run 5k, even if you don't go through til the end it's still a good place to start and get your confidence up!

i mean, at the end of the day you're 13 and shouldn't get bogged down in calorie counting and BMi calculators, but if you're not happy in yourself then there's only one person who can change that! good luck xxxx
Reply 34
also, just remember it takes time! like, don't get discouraged if you don't see results after a few weeks, and don't fixate on the scales too much. take measurements and progress photos to track your weight loss, cos a lot of changes you won't be able to see in the mirror without some comparison
once you start to really enjoy healthy food and exercise, it gets soooo much easier, plus you'll get fitter and won't feel quite as burned out. i used to go to the gym 4x a week and it wasn't a chore for me, i also loved using myfitnesspal and cooking healthy stuff, i just don't have the time to work out as much while i'm back at uni
Original post by Lay♥
Hope your better now, I know people who nearly got anorexia or at least was very close to it and they were very self-concussions about their weight and so am I. I try and ignore bitchy girls like but some can really judge you about it (I don't get bullied, it's just that some people do that have weight problems worse them me and they get picked on) and I am kind of hard on myself, sometimes, but only because I really want to lose weight and be 9 stone. I also gonna go boxercise tomorrow so doing more exercise and hopefully that will help me lose more weight I also go swimming twice a week but yeah like thanks for the comment :smile:

Thanks! I'm doing a lot better now-definitely on the mend :smile: Definitely ignore it! That changes in a few years, people grow up and stop judging people based on weight. Boxercise is great fun, I go when I'm not at University! Maybe try taking a friend with you and going to try other fitness classes too. It's hit and miss with a lot of them, but you've got to try everything once and all that jazz.

I'd say, don't worry about "goal" weights though. No one looks at some one and thinks "oooh they're 9 stone". Just focus on being healthy, and looking healthy. I just judge by how my clothes fit :smile: I mean, I have a friend who's a size 8 but 11 stone because she's all muscle from being an athlete. Muscle weighs more than fat remember! So don't panic if you start to gain a slight bit of weight from your gym workouts.

Good luck with everything, and PM me if you ever need to chat :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by ColouredTights
Thanks! I'm doing a lot better now-definitely on the mend :smile: Definitely ignore it! That changes in a few years, people grow up and stop judging people based on weight. Boxercise is great fun, I go when I'm not at University! Maybe try taking a friend with you and going to try other fitness classes too. It's hit and miss with a lot of them, but you've got to try everything once and all that jazz.

I'd say, don't worry about "goal" weights though. No one looks at some one and thinks "oooh they're 9 stone". Just focus on being healthy, and looking healthy. I just judge by how my clothes fit :smile: I mean, I have a friend who's a size 8 but 11 stone because she's all muscle from being an athlete. Muscle weighs more than fat remember! So don't panic if you start to gain a slight bit of weight from your gym workouts.

Good luck with everything, and PM me if you ever need to chat :smile:

Hiya, yeah I'm doing boxercise now with a mate and it's okay but I defo felt better after it and tbh I' not so bothered about how much weight I lose, but that I can see physically that I have lost weight by going down dress sizes and stuff. But anyway I'll PM you when I can, okay thanks x :smile:
I don't recommend getting hung up on losing weight at 13. Your entering puberty, it's normal to be slightly overweight and have a little puppy fat, you'll thin out as you start to get older, also have you considered that maybe you're a little bit bigger than your friends because you're maybe slightly more developed? That's a possibility.

Just try your best to be as healthy as you can but I wouldn't worry about it too much
Original post by MrsMars
I weigh 51 kg. I'm 5' 4". And am a 32D

I'm 17

:rofl:

looking back at old stats feels v strange
Am I too skinny?
I'm 17, 53kg, 5 foot 6 32B

Quick Reply

Latest