The Student Room Group

I got a C in my English literature controlled assessment, can I still get an A/A*?

The assessment was 25% of our total English literature exam. I was disappointed but I'm usually really clever so I believe if I work hard I can achieve an A* in my 75%. However will this be enough to bring my overall grade up to at least an A? Thanks.
I asked my teacher the same thing and he said we can't retake it, I don't know why.
Reply 2
I had straight A*s throughout Eng Lit until my final exam when I got a D :wink:. Ended up with an A overall so you should be fine.
Reply 3
You can still get an A* but you need full ums in your two exams, to get an A you need high As or above in both exams (or an A* in one and a low A in the other.) If you're really worried ask again whether you can resit, and have good reasons why you want to :smile:
Original post by nhtw
I had straight A*s throughout Eng Lit until my final exam when I got a D :wink:. Ended up with an A overall so you should be fine.

Ahhh that's nice to hear. Thanks for your answer :wink:
Original post by jwf13
You can still get an A* but you need full ums in your two exams, to get an A you need high As or above in both exams (or an A* in one and a low A in the other.) If you're really worried ask again whether you can resit, and have good reasons why you want to :smile:

Thank you very much mate :wink:
Our school told us:
for GCSE's
if you get a C overall for controlled assessments worth 25% then you need 86.7% in the real exam to get an A overall
and if you get a B for controlled assessments worth 25% then you need 83% in the exam to get an A overall.

Hope this helped :smile:
A definitely, A* yes but it'll be harder. How many UMS did you get? What's the total UMS required for an A or A*, then you'll know for sure how well you need to do in your exams. Plus grade boundaries change evry yr. So yes, it's possible, tho an A* might be quite hard. But an A definitely possible.

Funny story: Well i got A*/A for Eng Lang coursework and a U in the exam and still got a C overall. FYI i did it again in yr 11 and got a B (pheww). I'm more of the math/science guy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending