The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Why Muhammad was sent down. I gave them the evidence but people are completely ignoring it. LOL.

I just gave up and left.

Thats the best thing to do tbh. :smile:
Original post by flibber
How long does a Muslim prayer last?

Prayers are 5 times a day:

Fajr is the shortest, usually takes about 10-15 minutes

Isha is the longest, usually takes about 20-25 minutes.

That's how long it takes me though. Don't know about the others.
Why Muhammad was sent down. I gave them the evidence but people are completely ignoring it. LOL.

I just gave up and left.

Ah well. Best not to 6 vs 1 :redface: Doesn't go well

Prayers are 5 times a day:

Fajr is the shortest, usually takes about 10-15 minutes

Isha is the longest, usually takes about 20-25 minutes.

That's how long it takes me though. Don't know about the others.

Fair takes me like 5. Isha about 10 :tongue:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Ah well. Best not to 6 vs 1 :redface: Doesn't go well

Fair takes me like 5. Isha about 10 :tongue:

I take my time reading. reduces mistakes. :biggrin:
Everyone is different, I guess.
Hey if you're having a debate good for you but don't mention any names here. You're only inviting trouble. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Ankabout
Hey if you're having a debate good for you but don't mention any names here. You're only inviting trouble. Thanks. :smile:

Seconded :colonhash:
Haha my bad. Didn't notice.
here the hell did all the other 500 pages disappear to :0

I think the aliens are responsible for this.

Reply 608

I just gave up and left.
You claimed that the world was a "dark place" before Muhammad. You then spent most of the time demanding that others prove that it wasn't while refusing to provide any evidence of your own.
When you finally did, it was just a load of copypasta about how the world didn't have Islam. Every other point applied, in principle, to the thousand years before and after, eg. some countries were at war, some people had different cultures.
On top of this there were claims like China and India were "groping in darkness", whereas the reality is that China had recently entered the T'ang Dynasty, generally regarded as the "golden age" of Chinese civilisation - and northers India was experiencing a period of peace, prosperity and culture. Immediately before the Islamic conquest, Persia was experiencing its "Second Golden Era".

So no, we did not "completely ignore it". It was just laughable apologanda convincing only to those who consult no other source.
Reply 609
Original post by shadowdweller
Sorry, didn't mean to post on here but I couldn't leave such scurrilous misrepresentation unresponded to.

I'll go now.
Original post by Ankabout

This does help :tongue:
6:25to top

Sahih International
And among them are those who listen to you, but We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if they should see every sign, they will not believe in it. Even when they come to you arguing with you, those who disbelieve say, "This is not but legends of the former peoples."

6:26to top

Sahih International
And they prevent [others] from him and are [themselves] remote from him. And they do not destroy except themselves, but they perceive [it] not.

6:27to top

Sahih International
If you could but see when they are made to stand before the Fire and will say, "Oh, would that we could be returned [to life on earth] and not deny the signs of our Lord and be among the believers."

6:28to top

Sahih International
But what they concealed before has [now] appeared to them. And even if they were returned, they would return to that which they were forbidden; and indeed, they are liars.

6:29to top

Sahih International
And they say, "There is none but our worldly life, and we will not be resurrected."

6:30to top

Sahih International
If you could but see when they will be made to stand before their Lord. He will say, "Is this not the truth?" They will say, "Yes, by our Lord." He will [then] say, "So taste the punishment because you used to disbelieve."

6:31to top

Sahih International
Those will have lost who deny the meeting with Allah , until when the Hour [of resurrection] comes upon them unexpectedly, they will say, "Oh, [how great is] our regret over what we neglected concerning it," while they bear their burdens on their backs. Unquestionably, evil is that which they bear.

6:32to top

Sahih International
And the worldly life is not but amusement and diversion; but the home of the Hereafter is best for those who fear Allah , so will you not reason?

6:33to top

Sahih International
We know that you, [O Muhammad], are saddened by what they say. And indeed, they do not call you untruthful, but it is the verses of Allah that the wrongdoers reject.

6:34to top

Sahih International
And certainly were messengers denied before you, but they were patient over [the effects of] denial, and they were harmed until Our victory came to them. And none can alter the words of Allah . And there has certainly come to you some information about the [previous] messengers.

6:35to top

Sahih International
And if their evasion is difficult for you, then if you are able to seek a tunnel into the earth or a stairway into the sky to bring them a sign, [then do so]. But if Allah had willed, He would have united them upon guidance. So never be of the ignorant.

6:36to top

Sahih International
Only those who hear will respond. But the dead - Allah will resurrect them; then to Him they will be returned.

Shadow, could we have the "no debating" tag attached to our new thread pls? Some people keep forgetting.
Shadow, could we have the "no debating" tag attached to our new thread pls? Some people keep forgetting.

Ooo, excellent point. Enjoy your shiny new tag :h:
OMG you have to watch this it's so adorable and funny !!!!!

[video="youtube;d7HfWd-TgOs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7HfWd-TgOs[/video]
Reply 615
Original post by Tennumbers
^^lmao :lol:

:rofl:

Morgan may not be completely wrong. Recently read that in historical muslim art the prophet (saw) was depicted. Need to learn more about that, though obviously it doesn't make anything like Charlie Hebdo ok.
Original post by Tpos
Morgan may not be completely wrong. Recently read that in historical muslim art the prophet (saw) was depicted. Need to learn more about that, though obviously it doesn't make anything like Charlie Hebdo ok.

I've seen them before. However their existence doesn't mean that it's allowed. Sometimes they drew the prophet (pbuh) and scratched out his face etc....
Ooo, excellent point. Enjoy your shiny new tag :h:

Reply 618
I've seen them before. However their existence doesn't mean that it's allowed. Sometimes they drew the prophet (pbuh) and scratched out his face etc....

I already said it doesn't make it alright :tongue:
Original post by Tpos
I already said it doesn't make it alright :tongue:

Na I was on about general depictions rather then charlie hebdo :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending