The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Struggling to chose A levels, got 3 down but no idea for the fourth (as/btec) - anyone done sports btec?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trihawk7
I slept a bit after that then woke up at 4 because of the wind at my window and just couldn't fall back asleep... Felt like death today...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I signed out after making that post. :tongue: Awh, did you take a nap after coming back from school then? :tongue: Luckily the wind isn't that strong here :biggrin:
Original post by vanderwoodsen
Had such a stressy school-related evening. Hope all my fellow Year 11's are doing well :smile:
Everything alright now? :h:

Original post by Bun_This
Struggling to chose A levels, got 3 down but no idea for the fourth (as/btec) - anyone done sports btec?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are your other subjects? :smile: No, but am doing GCSE PE Short Course :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3423
Thread invasion :ahee:
55 schools closed here and here I am going to school...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Black Rose
Everything alright now? :h:

I think so, thanks lovely :smile: Just major exam/coursework stress. I feel like everything I do is pure ****, but I guess I've just got to deal with it.
Original post by ImagineCats
There's only 2 people (w/out externals) in my year taking German for next year, I'm one of them :bl: Wie spasssssssss

Same! :biggrin: French was so much more popular at GCSE here, so I guess that's why.
(edited 9 years ago)
55 schools closed here and here I am going to school...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear Chester has a no snow zone or something, all we got was an icing sugar style dusting of the white stuff :unimpressed: it hardly ever snows here
Original post by Steliata
I swear Chester has a no snow zone or something, all we got was an icing sugar style dusting of the white stuff :unimpressed: it hardly ever snows here

Well that was when I just left my house now there was over 100 schools closed here... that's like near enough half of all schools here...
Well that was when I just left my house now there was over 100 schools closed here... that's like near enough half of all schools here...

Are you in London? That's a lot of schools
Original post by Steliata
Are you in London? That's a lot of schools

Northern Ireland
coursework is killing me.
Original post by Black Rose
If y'all are discussing movies then watch The Maze Runner (I'm reading the book atm :awesome:)

I watched The Fault In Our Stars the other week, think that's a bit overrated :tongue:

I watched it the day it came out :colondollar: But being surrounded by 12 year-olds gasping and saying "oh my god! Look!" at basically everything, I missed out a lot of the film :frown: Both books are amazing though!
I just had my sixth form open evening and I'm so motivated! Really happy about this! :biggrin:
Original post by pursuedbyabear
Same! :biggrin: French was so much more popular at GCSE here, so I guess that's why.

In my year only 24 people took German, 32 French and 29 Spanish :colondollar: Loads of people hate the language, and I don't think anyones taking French a level pahahah
Northern Ireland

Oh I see, so the 100 closed schools are for the whole of Northern Ireland?
Mocks starting tomorrow:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
Mocks starting tomorrow:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! You'll do great :yy:
Original post by euphorical
hey. im currently in year 11 and also studying latin! i did level 1 latin last year and got an A*. in your opinion, did you think level 2 was harder? i mean, did your grades from both levels differ hugely? i know the content is much more advanced.

I don't recall doing levels, or we didn't call them levels...are you doing ocr? We did 4 papers language 1 and 2, prose and sources. If you mean language papers 1 and 2 as level 1 and 2, then no they weren't that different. I just remember paper 1 being super easy and 2 being not that much harder ^_^ Just make sure you don't skip over learning the trickier nouns and more obscure forms of verbs (e,g, feri -> tuli) bc it sucks when that one word comes up in a translation which you can't rememer :') I found Latin generally one of my best subjects, but you sound like you're really good so don't worry :smile: (I got a*s in all the papers if you were interested). Good luck! Hope I helped, even though I dont remember much from GCSEs :tongue:
Reply 3439
had a sixth form assesmbly wasnt happy with my some mock grades and cried when i got no decdnt explanation cos i revised soo hard. stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest