The Student Room Group

What did this girl mean, Was she making fun.

So I was with a group of friends today at uni.
4 girls and two boys.

My friend she he needed a hair cut, and one of the girls said " you should get a haircut like him". (referring to me)
She did this while doing a hand action on her hair, slicking her hair back like mine.
The other girls smiled.

Was she making fun of me or compliment.
First time I had met her.
(edited 9 years ago)
I doubt it was meant to be offensive. You're all friends so it's mostly banter.
I'm pretty cocky myself so, as far as I see it, she probably slicked her hair back to mimic you because your hairstyle is fairly iconic i.e. not many people have your style so they easily identify your current hairstyle with you.
I would say that she's not making fun of you. :biggrin: Don't worry too much about it. If it does bother you, you can always ask her. ^^
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by apple1992
So I was with a group of friends today at uni.
4 girls and two boys.

My friend she he needed a hair cut, and one of the girls said " you should get a haircut like him". (referring to me)
She did this while doing a hand action on her hair, slicking her hair back like mine.
The other girls smiled.

Was she making fun of me?

It was only banter.
Reply 4
Original post by sasukekuns
I doubt it was meant to be offensive. You're all friends so it's mostly banter.
I'm pretty cocky myself so, as far as I see it, she probably slicked her hair back to mimic you because your hairstyle is fairly iconic i.e. not many people have your style so they easily identify your current hairstyle with you.
I would say that she's not making fun of you. :biggrin: Don't worry too much about it. If it does bother you, you can always ask her. ^^

It was the first time I met her, so not really close.
cant really ask her.
Reply 5
Original post by Illegal Algebra

- some guy says he needs hair cut
- Girl says he should style his hair like me
- uses her hands and slicks back her hair. Like me
- was she complimenting it or hinting I should change it?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by TellementCon
It was only banter.

???
Every time someone says "banter" i throw up a little.
Reply 8
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

mee to.

but what do you think the girl meant?
compliment or making fun of it?
Reply 9
Original post by sharminrita
She was probably joking around. Has she made another other comments about your hair?

First time I met her, and it was the first thing she said to me ever
mee to.

but what do you think the girl meant?
compliment or making fun of it?

Dunno. I think too much about these sorts of things myself.
Obviously just think that she's funny. Don't worry, as I get comments about my hair all the time, too.

Deep down I know that it is better than the majority of people who have the cheek to make a remark, so I believe you're safe (Y)
Reply 12
Oh, what hairstyle do you have?

Basically a slick back hair. So my hair is pushed back.

like this
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread-Jake-Gyllenhaal-Prisoners-haircut-advice
Reply 13
Original post by 3309will
Obviously just think that she's funny. Don't worry, as I get comments about my hair all the time, too.

Deep down I know that it is better than the majority of people who have the cheek to make a remark, so I believe you're safe (Y)

I am not sure if it was a compliment, she could be saying to change it.
Reply 14
Ooh that's quite nice :smile: it was probably a compliment and if it wasn't does her opinion really matter?

Mine a little different, as the back of the hair is little longer.

That is true, but its the way she smiled, I was just unsure if she was making fun of me.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

bants
bantz
banta
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
bants
bantz
banta

why
I am not sure if it was a compliment, she could be saying to change it.

I was only trying to make you feel a bit more secure about yourself, as you're obviously a bit perplexed as to what she said to you.

At the end of the day, who gives a **** what anyone else thinks? If YOU like your hair and yourself the way you are, then don't let some privileged uni girl make you change your mind or upset you. As I said, she obviously thought she was being funny, but I don't think she'd like it if the roles were reversed.

Don't let the negativity get to you
We have no idea. Maybe she was insulting the other guy and meant he couldn't pull off your hairstyle. Just forget about it.
You are looking too much into it IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending