The Student Room Group

just got my first essay mark back (3rd year) - stressed out!

Worked really hard on this piece of work and I only got a 58%. Ive got another piece of work due back and I've got a feeling that it won't be graded well either. I've always been graded in the 2:1 category and I'm so stressed out now because I don't know what I need to push for to get a 2:1 classification now. Any (useful) ideas and positive thoughts?
Original post by beanie26
Worked really hard on this piece of work and I only got a 58%. Ive got another piece of work due back and I've got a feeling that it won't be graded well either. I've always been graded in the 2:1 category and I'm so stressed out now because I don't know what I need to push for to get a 2:1 classification now. Any (useful) ideas and positive thoughts?

Talk to your tutor. Only they can tell you where you went wrong. We haven't enough information to go on.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Talk to your tutor. Only they can tell you where you went wrong. We haven't enough information to go on.

I guess you're right. I'm just so upset about it Ii don't want a 2:2 classification :frown:
Original post by beanie26
I guess you're right. I'm just so upset about it Ii don't want a 2:2 classification :frown:

I'm sure, but alas, a bunch of random strangers who haven't seen your work won't be able to fix that, whereas the professionals who teach you can.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I'm sure, but alas, a bunch of random strangers who haven't seen your work won't be able to fix that, whereas the professionals who teach you can.

I guess what I'm looking for is a rough outline as to what I need to get in other units overall to pull my marks up. Looks like I need to take residence in the library :biggrin:
That is the price you must pay for studying humanities at University.

Oh yh and unemployment.
:awesome:
Reply 6
Original post by Xenorebrem
That is the price you must pay for studying humanities at University.

Oh yh and unemployment.
:awesome:

LOL i will agree with you on that one, there's no decent studentships either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending