The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pay tax due.

Jury service.
Knowing what a crumpet is and understanding how the scores work in cricket.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Knowing what a crumpet is and understanding how the scores work in cricket.

:frown:
Original post by Carnationlilyrose

You're forgiven on the grounds of being from a county too covered in hills to hold a respectable game.
You're forgiven on the grounds of being from a county too covered in hills to hold a respectable game.

May the curse of Fred Trueman and Geoff Boycott be upon you.
Reply 6
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's OK, you're a girl. You don't need to know about the offside rule either.

Just so long as you know how to make a decent urn of tea and a plate of cucumber sandwiches, that'll be fine.
Original post by Simes
It's OK, you're a girl. You don't need to know about the offside rule either.

Just so long as you know how to make a decent urn of tea and a plate of cucumber sandwiches, that'll be fine.

Haven't been a girl for ages. Hate tea and cucumber, and know the off side rule as it's a thing I get kids to tell me to learn how to explain things clearly. I don't know why it's important, though.
blaming immigrants
Standing on the shoreline fending immigrants off with a shovel.
Reply 10
Original post by Harvey Dent
Standing on the shoreline fending immigrants off with a shovel.
. and why ?
Original post by Oumaima1
. and why ?

To stop them tainting and despoiling our great nation.
Reply 12
To stop them tainting and despoiling our great nation.

And why are you generalizing? Many immigrants had served your "great"nation ,and still doing..I am not british,i don t live in UK..but i would like to say one thing,the mix of cultures you have in your country is a gift,but i think besides the freedom of expression,everyone should respect the culture of the other ..if you want to insult a religion,do it with yourself or with other people,but don t intimidate people by sharing in public,this violence towards thé other,and surely the other will react with violence..I am not justifying Smth,but i think Charlie and the guys who killed him both are totally wrong,and the guys are even wronger.By the way,when you ask for immigrants to leave your country,ask first your politicians to stop interferring in the arab world's issues and leave us,they destroyed Palestine,Egypt,Syria..and the list is long.
And why are you generalizing? Many immigrants had served your "great"nation ,and still doing..I am not british,i don t live in UK..but i would like to say one thing,the mix of cultures you have in your country is a gift,but i think besides the freedom of expression,everyone should respect the culture of the other ..if you want to insult a religion,do it with yourself or with other people,but don t intimidate people by sharing in public,this violence towards thé other,and surely the other will react with violence..I am not justifying Smth,but i think Charlie and the guys who killed him both are totally wrong,and the guys are even wronger.By the way,when you ask for immigrants to leave your country,ask first your politicians to stop interferring in the arab world's issues and leave us,they destroyed Palestine,Egypt,Syria..and the list is long.

Wow, I guess sarcasm truly is dead.

I would guess that her grasp of English wasn't really up to the job of identifying sarcasm. That last post was not exactly what I'd call well written.
Reply 15
lol,y ou can 't even argue anything i Said!it's the truth !Stop watching a lot of TV btw
I would guess that her grasp of English wasn't really up to the job of identifying sarcasm. That last post was not exactly what I'd call well written.

I suspect you're right, although it's still pretty good. The most I can do in another language is some German, and that's terrible.
lol,y ou can 't even argue anything i Said!it's the truth !Stop watching a lot of TV btw

It's very obviously sarcasm, as is the "blaming immigrants" comment above. It's a form of humour.
Other than the legal ****, I'm not obligated to do bugger all.
Drinking a good amount of tea :tea: