The Student Room Group

Is Physics required for Civil Engineering?

Hi
I have chosen mathematics, further maths, design and technology and geography, for a level, but i have taken an interest in engineering more specifically civil engineering. I know the basics in physics but not to good, so is physics necessary for civil engineering. Also are there any universities that does not require physics as an a level for civil engineering.
Original post by Deenesh-G
Hi
I have chosen mathematics, further maths, design and technology and geography, for a level, but i have taken an interest in engineering more specifically civil engineering. I know the basics in physics but not to good, so is physics necessary for civil engineering. Also are there any universities that does not require physics as an a level for civil engineering.

I know that UCL doesn't require it, but most good universities will require physics.
Reply 2
Original post by Deenesh-G
Hi

I know people who do civil without it but they had to self teach the whole a level in the first term basically to be able to do the uni work so i wouldn't say it's that advisable. i know QUB doesn't require it.
some unis also offer a foundation course in engineering before the degree so that's be a good choice if you lack physics.
Reply 3
Some unis ask for A2 Maths and Physics and some don't, they just ask for Maths. As long as you do mechanics modules then it's fine. I'm a first year civil and I didn't do physics at all A level. I did A2 further maths instead (M1,M2,M3)
Reply 4
What Uni you at?

Also how did you incorporate all 3 M modules into an ALevel Maths ?
Original post by imapedo
Some unis ask for A2 Maths and Physics and some don't, they just ask for Maths. As long as you do mechanics modules then it's fine. I'm a first year civil and I didn't do physics at all A level. I did A2 further maths instead (M1,M2,M3)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of curiosity, Is Mechanics modules required for Civil Engineering?

Cheers
Reply 6
Original post by LucentDoughnut98
Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of curiosity, Is Mechanics modules required for Civil Engineering?

Cheers

Most logically yes
Itll be very very stupid not to
Original post by naxiv
Most logically yes
Itll be very very stupid not to

What about just M1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by naxiv
What Uni you at?

Also how did you incorporate all 3 M modules into an ALevel Maths ?

Newcastle

Further Maths

Quick Reply

Latest