The Student Room Group

My boss is going too far?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
But I don't know what to do because it's not right professionally

Here's your options IMO

- Ask him to stop, this might cause tension though.
- Report him, but he could make your life very hard, he's your boss.
- Do nothing but still have him acting inappropriately.

It's a bad situation tbh, I wouldn't want to advise.
Someone has already even said it is harassment...
Okay so phew do you think this is normal then? and he won't act upon it? Just incase he does, I don't want to jeopardise my job or make the working situation awkward.

ASKING TO GIVE U A (opps caps) lift home, he obviously wouldnt mind making a pass if he got the right chance. if it was me i would decline seeing him in anyway outside of work, hopefully he will be decent and reduce his staring if he knows your not available to him. i agree with him being your boss its tricky, theres always HR and senior management if things got bad, if it was me, it would need to be something that upset me too much for me to complain. because in a bad situation it can be easier to just find a new job.
This happened to me with and a manager I used to work with and he is twice my age, I totally understand how horrible it feels. I spoke to other managers about it and eventually he was fired for sending inappropriate messages to another girl. Have you tried talking to any of your co-workers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Where do you work, is it part of something bigger? Report it to a higher level, with evidence, like a secrete camera button on your shirt by your boos, and hidden sound recorder. And try get another job in the background.
Original post by upendatom
This happened to me with and a manager I used to work with and he is twice my age, I totally understand how horrible it feels. I spoke to other managers about it and eventually he was fired for sending inappropriate messages to another girl. Have you tried talking to any of your co-workers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did he just stare, or ever make a move?
Because I'm new to the job I don't really want to tell anyone because I don't know who to trust. been there since new year so just incase it spreads around
Original post by kumon
Where do you work, is it part of something bigger? Report it to a higher level, with evidence, like a secrete camera button on your shirt by your boos, and hidden sound recorder. And try get another job in the background.

At a law firm, it was hard to get this job. True, I could try and do that but do you think the higher level will do much??
Original post by SuperWolfPaws
ASKING TO GIVE U A (opps caps) lift home, he obviously wouldnt mind making a pass if he got the right chance. if it was me i would decline seeing him in anyway outside of work, hopefully he will be decent and reduce his staring if he knows your not available to him. i agree with him being your boss its tricky, theres always HR and senior management if things got bad, if it was me, it would need to be something that upset me too much for me to complain. because in a bad situation it can be easier to just find a new job.

I didn't take the offer on the lift home, and yeah definitely no plans to see him outside of work. It's just i've been searching for a job for a while and I don't want to let my boss staring make me give it up, no way girlll haha I am not giving up. I made this thread to see people's opinions more-so than being angry/sad so thanks I will definitely keep what you have said in mind.
Reply 27
I don't think I'm wearing like proper revealing clothes though :colondollar:. And I totally see your point but it's unfair that I would have to change my clothes though if I was wearing revealing clothes.

Yeah I understand, but if I had someone harassing me I would do my best effort in making them stop. I guess it's unfair that you have to change to stop this from happening, plus it's quiet immature from his part, personally us men should respect women.

If you really want to get away from him bothering you, then it's worth a shot, if it doesn't help, then you know this guy is even more creepy than initially thought. Only after this would I report him or think about leaving this job.
Reply 28
Look up ACAS for advice about work place harassment etc. If you catch him looking at your chest when you're talking then hold a folder or something up and make him look at your face. Be a strong person. Regardless if he's your boss or not he has a right to treat you equally and with dignity. If it continues mention it to HR or get external advice from Citizens Advice. Don't let it carry on though he should know better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simba96
Yeah I understand, but if I had someone harassing me I would do my best effort in making them stop. I guess it's unfair that you have to change to stop this from happening, plus it's quiet immature from his part, personally us men should respect women.

If you really want to get away from him bothering you, then it's worth a shot, if it doesn't help, then you know this guy is even more creepy than initially thought. Only after this would I report him or think about leaving this job.

Haha yeah if it gets worse, will definitely try thanks
Original post by SazzyM92
Look up ACAS for advice about work place harassment etc. If you catch him looking at your chest when you're talking then hold a folder or something up and make him look at your face. Be a strong person. Regardless if he's your boss or not he has a right to treat you equally and with dignity. If it continues mention it to HR or get external advice from Citizens Advice. Don't let it carry on though he should know better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep there always folders/books around that could be a good idea.. cheers for the advice.
I think you should just ignore it since you said it wasn't upsetting but if it gets to a point where you feel uncomfortable do something about it like report him or quit but tbh just enjoy the job. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
At a law firm, it was hard to get this job. True, I could try and do that but do you think the higher level will do much??

The irony, it's a law firm, they are meant to uphold it. They will if you have recorded evidence like I said, gather it over time for like a month.

Also dont show your tits and wear a wedding ring
Means anything?

Nothing apart from the fact he wants to sleep with you...

Complain if you don't like but it'll be messy
He's probably about 35, so 13 years older than me.

Saucy

50 shades material here :wink:

Slap him. Actually scrap that he may like it...
Wear loose shirts. And say you have a boyfriend. Who is a cage fighter and a jealous maniac! Also tell him you have a kid from your dark junkie teenage period and want to find a daddy for him.

That should do it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 35
Sounds like he fancies the pants off you. I think looking is parr for the course unless its really crass. Putting pressure on you to accept lifts if you say no is inappropriate. If you're not up for it, be professional and a bit aloof, don't reciprocate any flirting and if he asks you out tell him plainly you're not interested.
No he shouldn't be staring at your boobs,ass or legs. If it is making you extremely uncomfortable then confront him about it and if it gets to touching then you much do something immediately, not only is it not professional it is absolutely wrong for you to be exploited like that. I am sure the same wouldn't happen to a male. Also honestly i wouldn't take any of that as a complement seeing as though he was so persistent on driving you home, It is frightening and I think so many people mistake sexual harassment as 'flirting'. But who are we to judge? you know if he is going to far and its your call to do something about it.
I suggest flirting a little and promotions will be coming at you left right and centre!
So I have this new job. Whenever I'm speaking to the boss he will be staring at my boobs non-stop. He winks at me a lot as well. Every time I go past his office he will just watch me until I turn around the corner, I've also caught him staring at my ass and legs a lot. I tried to observe if he does this with the other female employees but I haven't seen it happen....
Last night I did some extra hours and he insisted to drive me home.
any ideas on what to do or if it means anything?

What kind of job is this, and how did you get it?
I just want a job myself, you see.
Just try to ignore him. He's checking you out, try not to make it obvious around him that you're not interested as it may turn him on some more. You should blank his advances and act oblivious to them. Be happy he hasn't reached the touching stage yet. A team leader kept touching me and I backed up into his crotch by accident which must have given the wrong idea *shudders*. I know how you feel just don't let it affect your work. If it becomes even more frequent I'd then report it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending