The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Posted from TSR Mobile
A slut is derogatory term for a promiscuous women?
Original post by queen-bee
What constitutes a girl being called a 'slut' in this day and age and is there a male equivalent?

i've been having heated debates with people about this topic in particular.

Well I suppose being a slut just means making morally depraved decisions in regards to sex.

obviously whats morally depraved is subjective.

But I think it depends on things like.

the sexual act

the number

the relationship

the self discipline

the foresight

So for example a girl who has had sex and oral sex with 3 boyfriends. but they were official boyfriends who were in a relationship that was serious (time is usually a good quantifier of how serious a relationship is) she would not be considered a slut.

compared to a girl whos not had a boyfriend but sucked off a stranger in a nightclub.

Most people would consider on the girl who sucked off the stranger in the toilets to be the sluttier of the two women.

Why?

Well the 1st girl had a respectable intention to find a romantic partner. Someone who is stable who she can trust. Sadly her relationships didn't work out. But she tried.

2nd girl seems to make poor decisions. she took an extreme approach by not having any boyfriends full stop. quite ambitious. almost unrealistically so. I say almost because some girls possibly could hack it. But she obviously couldn't keep to her plan. She gave up on her self. There is little dignity in having sex in a toilet. Or indeed a public place. it is considered animalistic. Some people get a sexual kick out of the "dirtiness" of it. But she chose to do this with a stranger. She had little self control and just went with her impulses. This is poor self discipline. She has also got nothing out of the exchange. She has received no orgasm which is pretty universally seen as the offer and sharing that is between two sexual partners. She has not received even a chance for an orgasm. She has literally been used by this stranger like a free whore. Not only this but because it was unthought out and because it was oral sex there was no protection used. so she could no have caught stds from this encounter. Not only this but oral sex is less hygienic then regular sex. Its also more of a slutty act. Sex with a condom is much cleaner. We as people in a hygienic society wash our hands after touching our own genitals. We see our own germs from our own genitals as worthy of washing our hands for before we eat because we don't want to risk oral contamination. We find other peoples germs more disgusting than our own because they are more dangerous because they may be from a more dirty person with a stronger immune system. This is why you would prefer to drink a drink with your own spit in it over a drink with someone elses spit in it. However Oral sex means taking someone elses foreign germs and the most dirty of those germs of their genitals and putting them in the place that is most at risk of contamination aka your mouth. So really to give oral sex you should know your partners body as well as you know your own.

However sluts don't share these standards. sluts will not care about contamination germs or hygiene. They will not have the same dignity and self respect that other women have who actually consider their face a thing of beauty to kiss rather than alternative hole to jizz in. The act on its own also requires no sexual stimulation so a girl giving head without receiving is being sexually generous. However sluts do not comprehend well the idea of sexual worth, dignity or value or self and hygiene.

so the above examples illustrate the complexities of the nature of what people consider slutty on the slut spectrum.

cheating is a big marker on sluttiness.
one night stands are a big marker of sluttiness
sexual frequency with people who are not intimately known on a personal level are marked on their sluttiness.

Why people pretend the world is backword i don't know. they all know the deal.

girls you don't find short guys attractive cause you like hunters. big alpha hunters.

guys are hunters women are prey. its pretty basic. guys who are great at hunting women get stud status. girls are the prey and the more exclusive and harder to hunt they are the more worthy they are. only the best hunter gets the most difficult prey.

you may not like it. but thats just how it is. just how short guys have to get used to the fact that women won't find them as attractive as someone taller.

or poor guys who are status equivalent of poor hunters are disregarded in favor of more richer successful men.

if many men catch you. your easy prey.

girls don't have the same hunter instincts as men.

men have them in an open field tournamental type competitive way.

girls have them in a house of cards Machiavellian courtly way.

so they will cheat secretly.

like while the hunters are away a women may shag the old wise man who leads the tribes meetings. or the tribes bard who captures the whole tribes attention like a superstar when they sing ballads and speak golden words of romance.

this is the nature of our species. your sluttiness will never be accepted. no matter how much you try and change human nature.
Original post by Mick.w
Well I suppose being a slut just means making morally depraved decisions in regards to sex.

obviously whats morally depraved is subjective.

But I think it depends on things like.

the sexual act

the number

the relationship

the self discipline

the foresight

So for example a girl who has had sex and oral sex with 3 boyfriends. but they were official boyfriends who were in a relationship that was serious (time is usually a good quantifier of how serious a relationship is) she would not be considered a slut.

compared to a girl whos not had a boyfriend but sucked off a stranger in a nightclub.

Most people would consider on the girl who sucked off the stranger in the toilets to be the sluttier of the two women.

Why?

Well the 1st girl had a respectable intention to find a romantic partner. Someone who is stable who she can trust. Sadly her relationships didn't work out. But she tried.

2nd girl seems to make poor decisions. she took an extreme approach by not having any boyfriends full stop. quite ambitious. almost unrealistically so. I say almost because some girls possibly could hack it. But she obviously couldn't keep to her plan. She gave up on her self. There is little dignity in having sex in a toilet. Or indeed a public place. it is considered animalistic. Some people get a sexual kick out of the "dirtiness" of it. But she chose to do this with a stranger. She had little self control and just went with her impulses. This is poor self discipline. She has also got nothing out of the exchange. She has received no orgasm which is pretty universally seen as the offer and sharing that is between two sexual partners. She has not received even a chance for an orgasm. She has literally been used by this stranger like a free whore. Not only this but because it was unthought out and because it was oral sex there was no protection used. so she could no have caught stds from this encounter. Not only this but oral sex is less hygienic then regular sex. Its also more of a slutty act. Sex with a condom is much cleaner. We as people in a hygienic society wash our hands after touching our own genitals. We see our own germs from our own genitals as worthy of washing our hands for before we eat because we don't want to risk oral contamination. We find other peoples germs more disgusting than our own because they are more dangerous because they may be from a more dirty person with a stronger immune system. This is why you would prefer to drink a drink with your own spit in it over a drink with someone elses spit in it. However Oral sex means taking someone elses foreign germs and the most dirty of those germs of their genitals and putting them in the place that is most at risk of contamination aka your mouth. So really to give oral sex you should know your partners body as well as you know your own.

However sluts don't share these standards. sluts will not care about contamination germs or hygiene. They will not have the same dignity and self respect that other women have who actually consider their face a thing of beauty to kiss rather than alternative hole to jizz in. The act on its own also requires no sexual stimulation so a girl giving head without receiving is being sexually generous. However sluts do not comprehend well the idea of sexual worth, dignity or value or self and hygiene.

so the above examples illustrate the complexities of the nature of what people consider slutty on the slut spectrum.

cheating is a big marker on sluttiness.
one night stands are a big marker of sluttiness
sexual frequency with people who are not intimately known on a personal level are marked on their sluttiness.

Why people pretend the world is backword i don't know. they all know the deal.

girls you don't find short guys attractive cause you like hunters. big alpha hunters.

guys are hunters women are prey. its pretty basic. guys who are great at hunting women get stud status. girls are the prey and the more exclusive and harder to hunt they are the more worthy they are. only the best hunter gets the most difficult prey.

you may not like it. but thats just how it is. just how short guys have to get used to the fact that women won't find them as attractive as someone taller.

or poor guys who are status equivalent of poor hunters are disregarded in favor of more richer successful men.

if many men catch you. your easy prey.

girls don't have the same hunter instincts as men.

men have them in an open field tournamental type competitive way.

girls have them in a house of cards Machiavellian courtly way.

so they will cheat secretly.

like while the hunters are away a women may shag the old wise man who leads the tribes meetings. or the tribes bard who captures the whole tribes attention like a superstar when they sing ballads and speak golden words of romance.

this is the nature of our species. your sluttiness will never be accepted. no matter how much you try and change human nature.

I love your posts. What did you study at uni?
Original post by Foo.mp3
I don't see why that should be so? Women are typically drawn to guys who are good with women e.g. ‘social proofing’

Good job, ditch the filth!

I am not sure what you mean by social proofing. Women are typically drawn to guys who are good with women, true. I think there are many types of women, and accordingly many standards as to what is good to them. A naive woman can buy into all sorts of talk very easily. A desperate woman (desperately needs a guy, has no self-esteem, sees her value only as relates to a boyfriend, thinks that having a boyfriend at any cost is some sort of "medal"...) might accept all sorts of standards. I just think that a woman who has a decent amount of self-esteem and self-respect of course will be drawn to a guy who's very good with women, attractive, well-spoken, but will also tread cautiously if he displays behaviour relating to sexual promiscuity. For me personally (and I like to think of myself as possessing the latter qualities), it's a risk-benefit calculation. The guy might be perfect, but I cannot even fathom the fact that he will be "spreading his seeds" somewhere else. This is too big of a risk for me, and I do not enter such situations. That being said, I think that men are way more complex than that, and I tend to value them highly. I do not think that we can condense their whole sexual experiences/behaviours into just "spreading their seeds". I like to think of men differently, and thus hold them to high standards. :smile:
Original post by donutellme
I love your posts. What did you study at uni?

Much appreciated! I Studied Media & Communications. I think I was possibly the only person that took it because I had a sincere interest in ideology, propaganda and the power of communication. Everyone else on the course just picked media cause they didn't know what to do.:rolleyes:
I dont understand how a woman having sex with 5 men in a YEAR (sex 5 times) can be considered a slut, maybe shes single cause nobodys right for her but a woman who has sex regularly with a man whos shes in a relationship is normal.
Let women find the right guy before telling her shes a slut
Original post by fortunaisland
Couldn't have put it better myself!

:smile:
Original post by queen-bee
*round of applause*

Do you know what's funny, by her definition you would be a slut for wearing revealing clothing. I'm talking about your photo on here a bit ago :lol:
The only person I call a slut is my gay mate who takes ALL the wang
do you think a girl who give oral to 10 guys in a club is a slut?
Its true men do have to work more for it hence why men are way more insecure than women. Women have the ease of going to any man and chatting, men don't have to feel of being judged and feeling worthless.

I've been chatted up by a quite a lot girls in my time, whenever I turn them down I always have their friends having a go at me. A girl turns down a guy, guy moves on so he doesn't look like a idiot.

women don't own sex but nor do men, the whole gender role thing is stupid if you like someone go for it doesn't make you a slut or a player if the other person wants the same.
Reply 131
Original post by SiminaM
Well I honestly think more than 5 people a year is a lot. I mean I see girls having sex after a few days of relationship the break up after another week and next month they start all over again... They are easy in my opinion. I know lust is strong but still...
Told you, I am very biased. I am against having sex if there is lack of a strong emotional bond and if the partners don't know each other very much. And I think it takes months if not years to achieve that. Not just that butterfly in the stomach feeling, the real love and all that crap.
It's just my opinion, sex has lost its meaning to girls these days. It's mostly only physical.

Monogamy is a socially imposed concept that only really became widespread in western cultures in the medieval times. Before that I assume everyone was getting jiggy with more than one or two men/women a year..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Woman who has sex with loads of people- Slut
Guy who has sex with loads of people- Stud

That logic

I agree with this logic. It makes sense.
Original post by LonelyDemon
Its true men do have to work more for it hence why men are way more insecure than women. Women have the ease of going to any man and chatting, men don't have to feel of being judged and feeling worthless.

I've been chatted up by a quite a lot girls in my time, whenever I turn them down I always have their friends having a go at me. A girl turns down a guy, guy moves on so he doesn't look like a idiot.

women don't own sex but nor do men, the whole gender role thing is stupid if you like someone go for it doesn't make you a slut or a player if the other person wants the same.

Why dont we all just turn them women down in huge numbers? Would that not be a productive solution?

From my experience, women are shallow.
Original post by SiminaM

as the ultimate act of love and dedication-of course it's physical but it involves so much more than that in my opinion.

I see it like that too. :blush: I would honestly rather die a virgin than have sex with someone I didn't love. I know I'm weird. :moon:
If only these people actually existed...
Original post by Maid Marian
I see it like that too. :blush: I would honestly rather die a virgin than have sex with someone I didn't love. I know I'm weird. :moon:

No you're not. You are just fine.
Original post by SamKeene
Perhaps persecution complex was more apt.

I probably have a better understanding of feminism and feminist theory than you do. I've read Mill, Friedsan, de Beauvior, Wolldstonecraft, Woolf and George Shaw - even the bull**** psuedo-intellectual writings of Jessica Valenti.

So no, you with your tumblr understanding of feminism makes you look silly, and is an insult to the very complex and deep history of feminist thought.

Lol, is that how you put everyone down who dares question what you believe - "your tumblr understanding"? I have no argument for someone who actually thinks that's an appropriate response. All the best.
Original post by Izzyeviel
If only these people actually existed...

They do indeed
Original post by Philbert
snip

Still waiting for you to explain how agreeing with someone means I have a chip on my shoulder :rolleyes:

Latest