The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by madvillainy
Hi, I had my first round phone interview in Barclays yesterday and I think I did well but I'm wondering if I passed phone interview what will be the next step for me, since I'm not from UK? Going to London for AC for one day to get the decision about going for four days next time seems a little bit weird :wink:

DOOM
Anyone willing to share their insights about Barclays first round interviews? Happily recieve PM:s too :smile:
Original post by Mralpha
Anyone willing to share their insights about Barclays first round interviews? Happily recieve PM:s too :smile:

I second that
very typical, behavioral questions about teamworking, learning and dealing with people, nothing to be scared about, the hardest thing (ESLs beware) was that I had problems with understanding the questions since my interviewer spoke really fast and with strong british accent, he oftenly had to repeat the questions for me, one time even three times, but I think he had no problem with that, don't be stressed and talk with smile and everything will be alright :wink:
Original post by Roadrage27
I second that

I guess you were wrong bro
Original post by curiouscyrus
Got my final round with MS tomorrow.

I would be grateful if those who have had theirs today could offer insights about their experiences.

I have read one or two comments, but are there any others?

thanks guys

Hi, congratulations! How long did it take until you were offered the final round after the first-round telephone interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mralpha
I guess you were wrong bro

meh, it's a competitive world , you take what you can get lol
Original post by Bloxorus
Thanks, and sure :smile:

How did the interview go?

Original post by Beige101
Lazard done, the interviewer was so friendly - given result on the spot.

Could you please tell me some of the questions? So at the end of the phone call they told you that you were good and they are inviting you to an assessment centre?
Are apps still open for RBS C&IB (DCM)?
Original post by madvillainy
very typical, behavioral questions about teamworking, learning and dealing with people, nothing to be scared about, the hardest thing (ESLs beware) was that I had problems with understanding the questions since my interviewer spoke really fast and with strong british accent, he oftenly had to repeat the questions for me, one time even three times, but I think he had no problem with that, don't be stressed and talk with smile and everything will be alright :wink:

Thx btw :smile:
Original post by craycray
I see I see, thank you! Yeah it's been ages!! Do you know the dates by any chance? Got BAML 13-17 :/ If I'm not mistaken RBS had two different weeks?

RBS 13-17 as well. Their one in Edinburgh runs at the same time. They also have commercial and wealth management which is a different week, but it is all on their website
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
Hi, congratulations! How long did it take until you were offered the final round after the first-round telephone interview?

Four days
Original post by President M.E.
1st round HR, 2nd round with business rep

do both Barclays weeks clash with both Cs weeks?
Original post by welcometoib
do both Barclays weeks clash with both Cs weeks?

Not sure about this year, dont think so though. Sure that it didnt last year
Original post by curiouscyrus
Four days

Thanks mate! No hope for me then...
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
How did the interview go?

Could you please tell me some of the questions? So at the end of the phone call they told you that you were good and they are inviting you to an assessment centre?

Yes. PM me :smile:
Original post by Beige101
Yes. PM me :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by Mralpha
Not sure about this year, dont think so though. Sure that it didnt last year

president me said first barclays week runs from 23rd march, which is same as cs, and id assume the second one is during the week most ibs have their sws, which is also same as cs
When do most ibs have their sws? I'm not from UK so I don't know :frown:. Does anyone hear anything from GS? Or maybe someone knows the dates for GS's spring?
Any last min MS final interview advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending