Scroll to see replies

Congrats on your offer too :smile:

Thanks for your help!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by jac123rams
Hello everyone.

Just got my conditional offer to go to the University of Manchester, studying Managment N201 :biggrin:

But, on my letter back it says this:

This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A level
Grades AAB

You must provide evidence of your examinations within 2 weeks of publication.

Did anyone else get the second section to their conditional offer? I'm bewildered to what it means. Does it mean I have to send of proof of my GCSE's and AS Levels within 2 weeks, or does it mean I have to send off proof of my A Level results when I get them in August? Completely confused and I don't want to cock up my application!

I'm probably going to make Manchester my first choice. Apparently the nightlife is brilliant and the Madchester music scene suits me to a tee. Love Oasis, The Stone roses ect. Plus two great football teams!! I haven't actually visited the university yet, but from what I've read on here, it's ace.

If anyone could help me with my question, that would be great. Thanks

Assuming you're a UK student, the exam boards will send your results to UCAS, who will then send it onto your universities on the Sunday before results day. This should mean that a decision is made, and posted onto Track, by the morning of results day.

If, however, for some reason (for instance, you request a remark) they don't get your results in the normal way, you'll need to contact the university and give them your new results within two weeks (but it's best to let them know what's happening asap, even if you are waiting on the outcome of a remark)
Hey,

I've put Manchester as my firm choice and am going to study Psychology if I get the grades but I'm looking at accommodation because I want to apply so that's all sorted out. Anyone got any ideas about the halls and which are best to stay in? Or what each of the different campuses are like, so Victoria Park, Fallowfield and the City Campus?? The thought of choosing somewhere that I'm going to have to live in for a year is stressing me out!!

Thanks guys!!!x
Original post by EmMcd13
Hey,

I've put Manchester as my firm choice and am going to study Psychology if I get the grades but I'm looking at accommodation because I want to apply so that's all sorted out. Anyone got any ideas about the halls and which are best to stay in? Or what each of the different campuses are like, so Victoria Park, Fallowfield and the City Campus?? The thought of choosing somewhere that I'm going to have to live in for a year is stressing me out!!

Thanks guys!!!x

I have a friend at Oak House in Fallowfield and he said that Fallowfield is the liveliest area, so if you want to stay somewhere really social pick there.

I've applied for oak house, Richmond and sheavyn, I don't think the distance between Fallowfield and the main campus is a problem, my friend gets the bus in and he says they're very frequent
Original post by jamez870
I have a friend at Oak House in Fallowfield and he said that Fallowfield is the liveliest area, so if you want to stay somewhere really social pick there.

I've applied for oak house, Richmond and sheavyn, I don't think the distance between Fallowfield and the main campus is a problem, my friend gets the bus in and he says they're very frequent

I've applied for the exact same accommodation, but the opposite order (if that even is in order of preference). I'm going to visit the Uni in Feb. Have you been round to check out the accommodation yet?
Original post by Aquatix96
I've applied for the exact same accommodation, but the opposite order (if that even is in order off preference). I'm going to visit the Uni in Feb. Have you been round to check out the accommodation yet?

I applied to the exact same but not Oak House, I was contemplating there though
Original post by drewsalexia
I applied to the exact same but not Oak House, I was contemplating there though

Have you been to look at the university and/or accommodation yet? If so, what was it like?
I've applied for the exact same accommodation, but the opposite order (if that even is in order of preference). I'm going to visit the Uni in Feb. Have you been round to check out the accommodation yet?

Yeah that was the order, I haven't looked at any accommodation, you? Is it an open day you're going on?
Have you been to look at the university and/or accommodation yet? If so, what was it like?

I visited he university when I went to my interview and I loved it! But I didn't look at the accomodation, so I basically just looked online at them and what people have said about them etc. I want to visit again tho

I'm definitely leaning more towards Fallowfield.. And those 3 that you've mentioned would be my three to choose. I know I'd feel like I was missing out if I was in the other places and I've heard City is mostly foreign students and Victoria isn't really close to anything.. Think I'm just going to apply for those 3 and hope for the best!!
Reply 1330
Hi guys, I applied 2 weeks and a half ago and was requested a fee assessment. Completed it and successfully was able to convince the uni that i should be considered a home student rather than an international(saving my parents 10,000 pounds a year). They emailed that they will begin with my application soon. Around when should I expect a reply, thanks
Reply 1331
Btw my accommodation will hopefully be Sheavyn,Oak,Richmond. Heard a lot of good things about these 3
Yeah that was the order, I haven't looked at any accommodation, you? Is it an open day you're going on?

Original post by drewsalexia
I visited he university when I went to my interview and I loved it! But I didn't look at the accomodation, so I basically just looked online at them and what people have said about them etc. I want to visit again tho

@jamez870 I have only looked at accommodation online, but my friends who go/ have been there recommended those 3 as the best places in terms of social environment. And, it's an applicant visit day I'm going to, on the 11th of February

@drewsalexia What course have you applied for? Also, I'm definitely gonna go look around the accommodation to make sure I made the right choice. I just applied early because Sheavyn is a high demand area and I definitely want to go there.
Original post by EmMcd13
I'm definitely leaning more towards Fallowfield.. And those 3 that you've mentioned would be my three to choose. I know I'd feel like I was missing out if I was in the other places and I've heard City is mostly foreign students and Victoria isn't really close to anything.. Think I'm just going to apply for those 3 and hope for the best!!

Fallowfield is right next to the Armitage centre as well, if you're interested in sports :smile:
Original post by OmarZ
Btw my accommodation will hopefully be Sheavyn,Oak,Richmond. Heard a lot of good things about these 3

I think you should start thinking about applying quickly then if you haven't already, as I know A LOT of people who want to go there. Good luck though :biggrin:
Fallowfield is right next to the Armitage centre as well, if you're interested in sports :smile:

Ah, thank you for your help! Think I've made my mind up on Oak House, Richmond Park and Sheavyn House, just not too sure of an order yet :smile:
Reply 1336
I think you should start thinking about applying quickly then if you haven't already, as I know A LOT of people who want to go there. Good luck though :biggrin:

Still waiting for my offer hahahhh Im most probably accepted but guess i gotta wait.
Original post by EmMcd13
Ah, thank you for your help! Think I've made my mind up on Oak House, Richmond Park and Sheavyn House, just not too sure of an order yet :smile:

I think it depends on what you prefer in terms of en-suite or shared bathrooms. Sheavyn and Richmond have en-suites and Oak House has a shared bathroom. I think they are all self-catered too.
Original post by OmarZ
Still waiting for my offer hahahhh Im most probably accepted but guess i gotta wait.

When did you apply for accommodation? I applied about 2 days after applications opened. :smile:
I think it depends on what you prefer in terms of en-suite or shared bathrooms. Sheavyn and Richmond have en-suites and Oak House has a shared bathroom. I think they are all self-catered too.

Yeah all self catered, I think you can get rooms with a washbasin in oak house though

Latest

Trending

Trending