The Student Room Group

How often do you shower/have a bath?

Scroll to see replies

Once every week.
long bath (3 hours).

You people shock me.
All my family do this except my brother as he is quite stinky so he has one everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wilfred Little
I'd complain to be honest. Couldn't put up with that.

I'm lucky that because of schedules I don't have to work with her very often, but I'm sure the managers know about this, she was apparently almost fired because of it but something to do with her warnings expiring before she could be sacked, and she ended up staying :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every day. Well, nearly every day. Sometimes I like to have a "pyjama day", and then I do wash and clean my teeth, but otherwise I'm determined to be lazy :tongue:.

I wash my hair every three days, because if I wash it more frequently I end up looking like Hermione Granger.
Original post by Kittiara
I wash my hair every three days, because if I wash it more frequently I end up looking like Hermione Granger.

Could be worse.
Most days not every day though, I don't think it's necessary & my family members don't do it either. Also it's important to note the quality of your shower rather than just how often you do it in a week.
Original post by InnerTemple
Could be worse.

True. Still, unfortunately it's the extremely bushy-haired Hermione, not the nice looking, more wavy-haired one. :frown:
why do people wash everyday? Washing everyday is bad for your skin.

Then again I'm Muslim so I wash my private parts with water every time I use the toilet. So I'm not as dirty as white people.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
Every morning, my hair becomes greasy almost immediately so I have to otherwise my hair feels heavy all day, and I start to become self conscious.

This, but if I'm not going out I might not bother. And if I'm in a massive rush in a morning I might not bother, but I hate when that happens.
(edited 9 years ago)
Probably 3 times a week. Daily during summer. I don't see the need to shower every day because on the days I don't shower, I get washed.
Have a quick shower pretty much every day, unless I'm staying at home then I might leave it a day. Only wash my hair 2 times a week, 3 times max. My hair doesn't really get greasy and I've read it's bad to wash it allll the time.
Reply 70
Original post by SophiaLDN

Am I the only one that loves the water to be extremely hot?

Nah, I think that only applies to hair. You should wash your body everyday & then moisturise. Hair & skin are two different things. You shouldn't wash your hair every single day, correct.

Yeah I like my showers hot too, I mean not extremely hot, but hot enough.

And I don't moisturise my body, do I have to? I used to

And I wash my hair when I'm in the shower, but I only put shampoo/conditioner on once or twice a week because my hair is really thick/dry and apparently putting shampoo on everyday takes away the oil in your hair. Is it okay to wash your hair with just water? Or should I stop washing my hair altogether and only wash it once a week?
Reply 71
Original post by Master Jack
why do people wash everyday? Washing everyday is bad for your skin.

Then again I'm Muslim so I wash my private parts with water every time I use the toilet. So I'm not as dirty as white people.

That's not exactly ''cleaning'' yourself. A lot of germs accumulate in that area and around the body, so you should be using soap/liquid soap to remove it. I haven't heard that washing everyday is bad for your skin, but if it is, then you should moisturise after washing.

50% of your faith is cleanliness. This includes clean clothes (you should be changing your boxers/underwear everyday), clean environment, clean place to work, clean room, clean place to pray etc.
Reply 72
Original post by missfats
Once every week.
long bath (3 hours).

You people shock me.
All my family do this except my brother as he is quite stinky so he has one everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holy **** you are disgusting...you're like my sister with the 3 hour long bath, it pisses my whole family off.
I shower (almost) every day (e.g. 5/6 times per week), but I'm a pretty clean guy and my hair doesn't get greasy
the people who are saying they shower/bath several times per month are sick! :|
Original post by zippity.doodah
I shower (almost) every day (e.g. 5/6 times per week), but I'm a pretty clean guy and my hair doesn't get greasy
the people who are saying they shower/bath several times per month are sick! :|

But showering 5/6 times per week does mean you do it several times per month.
You sick bastard! :|
Original post by Fernand126
But showering 5/6 times per week does mean you do it several times per month.
You sick bastard! :|

I meant the "2/3 times a month" option, obviously. how is 20/30 times a month "several" to the same extent?
Original post by zippity.doodah
I meant the "2/3 times a month" option, obviously. how is 20/30 times a month "several" to the same extent?

20 times a month is several, IMO. Just misinterpretation, then. Sorry. :P

Definition of "several": More than two but not many.
Reply 77
I normally shower every morning but occasionally I might skip a day if I'm unwell and just have a wash instead. In the evening I might have another shower if its a hot day or a bath to relax. My hair doesn't get greasy very quickly so I only wash it 2-3 times a week.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 78
I wash my hair every third day, generally. Any longer than that and it's just because I'm being a hermit and not going outside, plus being lazy. I don't feel great when it gets to that stage though, because it's guaranteed to be a bit greasy by the fourth day.

I get very dry skin and my hair doesn't enjoy being in a steamy room unless it's getting washed, so I tend not to shower in between those hair-washing showers, either. Can sometimes feel a little gross, in which case I generally suck it up and go shower and wash my hair early.
Yeah, it is supposed to be unhealthy to shower every day though of course
1. depends on the person
2. you have to conform to society
3. you genuinely feel a bit grim after skipping a day
4. routine is good for you

I usually have one once a day but if I'm staying in or only leaving the house to pop round the corner shop I often skip a day. Have often wondered whether I should try the trick where you don't wash your hair for two weeks and it starts to self-clean, but I soon find myself wondering how people have the time to stay away from society for that long.

Quick Reply

Latest