The Student Room Group

Aston university or University of Birmingham?

I applied to University of Birmingham for psychology, and I just want to know if you had to choose between university of Birmingham and Aston which university would you choose and why? And which ones better and in what terms
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Why would you want to compare uni's? Have you been to any open day? If so then you should know yourself which environment suits you best.
Both University's are good though.
Reply 2
Because i feel as though both uni's are as good in psychology and im just confused as to which one to choose and yeahh i have

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zarella
I applied to University of Birmingham for psychology, and I just want to know if you had to choose between university of Birmingham and Aston which university would you choose and why? And which ones better and in what terms

Hi there,

if you have any questions about Aston, Birmingham or student life in general i would be happy to help, i've graduated with a joint honours degree in Psychology and Sociology last year also so i should be able to give you some insight on the course also.

Josh
Original post by Zarella

I've applied for the University of Birmingham to study Psychology too! Their course looks very rich and varied, although I'm not sure whether I'll like the city itself, because I'm not much of a loud, partyish person and may prefer somewhere quieter.
Reply 5
Original post by Aston University
Hi there,

if you have any questions about Aston, Birmingham or student life in general i would be happy to help, i've graduated with a joint honours degree in Psychology and Sociology last year also so i should be able to give you some insight on the course also.

Josh

Ohh, how did you find the course? and i have applied at Aston as well but im not to sure about the Uni, and just confused between choosing UOB and Aston
Reply 6
Original post by Emily.97
I've applied for the University of Birmingham to study Psychology too! Their course looks very rich and varied, although I'm not sure whether I'll like the city itself, because I'm not much of a loud, partyish person and may prefer somewhere quieter.

Yeah i agree with you there, and im from Birmingham and i dont consider my self as a loud party type person too but i think you can easily avoid all that anyways :P
Original post by Zarella
Yeah i agree with you there, and im from Birmingham and i dont consider my self as a loud party type person too but i think you can easily avoid all that anyways :P

Hmm, interesting, okay!
Hopefully ill be able to visit on an applicsnt visit day- are you going to one?
Reply 8
Hmm, interesting, okay!
Hopefully ill be able to visit on an applicsnt visit day- are you going to one?

yeah im just waiting for my invite! but i also applied through A2B
Original post by Zarella
yeah im just waiting for my invite! but i also applied through A2B

Fantastic! Well, message me if you like about dates- maybe we'll stumble across one another :smile:.
Reply 10
Fantastic! Well, message me if you like about dates- maybe we'll stumble across one another :smile:.

Will do when i receive an invite :smile: ahah maybe!
Original post by Zarella
Ohh, how did you find the course? and i have applied at Aston as well but im not to sure about the Uni, and just confused between choosing UOB and Aston

I really enjoyed the course, I found the psychology side really engaging from the get go, assessments and teaching seemed very fair and human, the small campus size and class numbers give you the ability to get to know everyone on your course and your lecturer so you should choose. The course also became very interesting in the final year where you are able to pick all of your modules and do a dissertation of your own choice, you can tailor your degree to your own interests. Anything else just give me a shout.

Josh
Reply 12
Ohh it does seem pretty good! Thanks for that and hopefully this should help with me choosing which uni as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending