The Student Room Group

Transferring to uni in the Second Year? ... anyone HELP please? :)

Hey!

I'm currently studying my degree at a college... boo! :frown: But now wishing I went to uni since having a few trips to the uni its in partnership with.

I've been thinking that I do want to get a "uni" experience instead of a boring college one!

How easy would it be to meet friends and people starting from Year 2? I won't know anyone and I'm guessing freshers is just for the Year 1s?!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Sophie-J
Hey!

I'm currently studying my degree at a college... boo! :frown: But now wishing I went to uni since having a few trips to the uni its in partnership with.

I've been thinking that I do want to get a "uni" experience instead of a boring college one!

How easy would it be to meet friends and people starting from Year 2? I won't know anyone and I'm guessing freshers is just for the Year 1s?!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :smile:

Freshers is for every fresher at the university, could be post graduate fresher, although mainly made up of undergraduates. In any case, there is not much age difference so you can enjoy being a fresher, except a fresher may have less work than a 2nd year .... yeah, horrors. meeting people and making friends depends very much on you ... be friendly and you will make lots of friends.
Reply 2
Original post by GandalfWhite
Freshers is for every fresher at the university, could be post graduate fresher, although mainly made up of undergraduates. In any case, there is not much age difference so you can enjoy being a fresher, except a fresher may have less work than a 2nd year .... yeah, horrors. meeting people and making friends depends very much on you ... be friendly and you will make lots of friends.

Thank you! :smile: - I'm just worried about going as I fear that I'd be the only year 2 in freshers week! Last year I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and didnt feel as though I wanted to go to uni, so just started a degree at a college. Now after trips to the partnership uni I really want to be there!

I'm quite a shy person so also worry that people on the same course as me will already have their friendship groups in the 2nd year! And I won't make any friends from my year! :frown: I consider myself to be friendly!

Should of went last year, but at the time I didn't think it was for me, now I have a change of heart! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending