The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nesca89
Did they give you how many points your were off from getting in then?

Nope! think it's a shame as i do struggle to think on the spot, have the grades and required experience but the interview really let me down. Fingers crossed for you tho!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shropshirelass51
Really sorry to hear that. Have you heard back from any of your other Uni's yet?

Got a rejection from reading but i totally forgot to fill out one of the sections on the questionnaire aha so not surprised. Not to fussed as i don't really want to go there! Waiting on Sheffield Manchester and have an interview at DMU next month i'm so nervous! Have you had any offers yet? :smile:
Original post by djavor
Nope! think it's a shame as i do struggle to think on the spot, have the grades and required experience but the interview really let me down. Fingers crossed for you tho!

Ah yeah I'm the same really, I struggle thinking on the spot but at least a written interview is easier than a face to face one. Good luck with the rest of your choices :smile:
Original post by djavor
Got a rejection from reading but i totally forgot to fill out one of the sections on the questionnaire aha so not surprised. Not to fussed as i don't really want to go there! Waiting on Sheffield Manchester and have an interview at DMU next month i'm so nervous! Have you had any offers yet? :smile:

Good luck for the interview and hopefully you'll hear from the others soon. I have only applied to BCU as I have a family and can't move. They are verifiying my qualifications (and I don't have the details of my GCSE's which is a problem) and waiting for an additional reference before making a decision.
I've got an interview at DMU, anyone else got it? 18th February?

Anyone who's been there before got any tips?
Original post by JordanC55

Congratulations! :smile: and good luck

I doo :smile: quite nervous I'm not sure what to expect! What time is yours?
Original post by HowayGuapa
How did everyone find the MMU interview yesterday? I thought the interview went ok but I felt let down by the uni and the focus they seem to place on research as opposed to teaching. Does anyone who goes there have any thoughts about this? Just the fact that the woman who spent the day with us was a researcher and not a teacher on the course anymore was strange, and I didn't think much of the "short guided tour" ha.

Didn't get this impression at my interview last year nor do I feel this way as a student at MMU - thought Manchester and Sheffield were the ones more focused on academia and research of the unis I visited - I chose MMU because of its more hands-on approach! Weird how what suits one doesn't suit others but good luck anyway. Do you know the name of the woman who showed you around?

Don't think DMU have ever interviewed before so you will all be going in blind.

Good luck!
Congrats and good luck to those with DMU interviews!
Original post by djavor
I doo :smile: quite nervous I'm not sure what to expect! What time is yours?

I'm in the AM interview, finishes at 12! Yeah I'm nervous, the fact that it's their first year of interviewing kinda adds the pressure a bit.
I'm so stressed about City! I just want to hear something (anything) from them...:s They are my first choice :frown:
Hello! I've been following the thread for a while and am finally posting! It's reassuring to know that other people are still waiting for replies! I've applied to MMU, BCU, Manchester, Marjon and Leeds. Good luck to everyone!! :smile:
Original post by HowayGuapa
How did everyone find the MMU interview yesterday? I thought the interview went ok but I felt let down by the uni and the focus they seem to place on research as opposed to teaching. Does anyone who goes there have any thoughts about this? Just the fact that the woman who spent the day with us was a researcher and not a teacher on the course anymore was strange, and I didn't think much of the "short guided tour" ha.

I was there yesterday too and yes they did seem to cut some bits off. The tour and meeting tutors? I was hoping to meet some students to get more of a feel for the course! I liked the research talk though, they seem to have some experts there.
Are they not your top choice then?
Original post by AmyPilot
Don't think DMU have ever interviewed before so you will all be going in blind.

Good luck!

Do you have any tips for the interview
Original post by Kaylou12
Hello! I've been following the thread for a while and am finally posting! It's reassuring to know that other people are still waiting for replies! I've applied to MMU, BCU, Manchester, Marjon and Leeds. Good luck to everyone!! :smile:

Welcome :smile: have you received any interviews or offers yet? :smile:
Has anyone been accepted into Reading yet? I've sent off questionnaire and they said they would reply by today but haven't yet :/
I've got an interview for UEA next week
Original post by nesca89
Welcome :smile: have you received any interviews or offers yet? :smile:

Thanks :smile: Yes I had my first interview at MMU yesterday, I think it went okay but it's hard to tell. I know lots of people are still waiting to hear back from the first round of interviews so I'm not expecting a reply for a while. I hope you hear back soon by the way! :smile:

I also have interviews at Marjon and Leeds coming up but haven't heard from Manchester it BCU yet.
Did you have a favourite between Manchester and MMU?
Original post by Federzoni
Has anyone been accepted into Reading yet? I've sent off questionnaire and they said they would reply by today but haven't yet :/

I received an offer for Psychology and Language Sciences, but I know at least 2 people on here have got replies for SaLT offers.

Quick Reply

Latest