The Student Room Group

I am a 'Fundamentalist Muslim' AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ankabout
What is your favourite food?

Lol don't really have one, varies from time to time. Probably chicken tho
Original post by william walker
Do you support the British state Protestant and free? Do you constrain your Muhammadanism within the British state? Do you support Islam within Britain in any shape or form?

Yes I do 100%.

I recognise Christianity to be the religion of Britain. Many of my family members are Christian btw.
Original post by 286001
If they do print more concerning Prophet Muhammad they'll only be spreading Islam more and its a guarantee some non-muslims will convert due to some sort of curiosity. So they're doing our dawah (spreading Islam) for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man, that's hilarious.

Islam isn't exactly underground. Printing pictures of Mohammed won't make people more likely to convert.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
This is incredibly disturbing. And not least because it's wrong.

How is it wrong? What happened to the free speech propaganda you 'je suis charlie' nutters are always talking about?

I do not condone what happened to them, but I refuse to pretend that it is something sad. They were despicable and racist people.
Do you support Isis?
Original post by Professor Purple
How is it wrong? What happened to the free speech propaganda you 'je suis charlie' nutters are always talking about?

I do not condone what happened to them, but I refuse to pretend that it is something sad. They were despicable and racist people.

If I'd found you and gunned you down then you could moan about a violation of that "free speech propaganda". What I'm doing is what civilised humans do - calling you out on it. "I'm glad they're not around" and a creepy smile, that's definitely ****ing disturbing, and anyone who can read between the lines might think that you do condone it, just a teeny tiny bit.
Yes I do 100%.

I recognise Christianity to be the religion of Britain. Many of my family members are Christian btw.

I am not talking about Christianity, I am talking about Protestantism. Britain is a Protestant state.

Do you accept the British state and its will, on an equal footing as you do the Quran?

He isn't saying you can't say it, he's saying it's ****ing disturbing.
If I'd found you and gunned you down then you could moan about a violation of that "free speech propaganda". What I'm doing is what civilised humans do - calling you out on it. "I'm glad they're not around" and a creepy smile, that's definitely ****ing disturbing, and anyone who can read between the lines might think that you do condone it, just a teeny tiny bit.

Creepy indeed :colone:

No I feel that everyone has the right to free speech, but they shouldnt abuse it.
Muslims would lay down our lives for the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), so if someone makes disgusting and false statements about him and mock him, do we not have the right to be upset?

Imagine if someone published extremely offensive and false things about you or a loved one, and they ended up dead after, would you feel bad they were dead???
Reply 29
Original post by BitWindy
Oh man, that's hilarious.

Islam isn't exactly underground. Printing pictures of Mohammed won't make people more likely to convert.

Well I've certainly heard of at least one story where someone wanted to see the big deal was about printing a picture of the Prophet (pbuh) and he ended up converting. Can only imagine how many other people that has happened too... Around the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not talking about Christianity, I am talking about Protestantism. Britain is a Protestant state.

Do you accept the British state and its will, on an equal footing as you do the Quran?

Equal footing implies I think it is the correct religion? No I do not think it is the correct religion.

But yes I think that everyone on British soil should recognise that it is the official british religion.

No I feel that everyone has the right to free speech, but they shouldnt abuse it.
Muslims would lay down our lives for the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), so if someone makes disgusting and false statements about him and mock him, do we not have the right to be upset?

Imagine if someone published extremely offensive and false things about you or a loved one, and they ended up dead after, would you feel bad they were dead???

You'd lay down your life for someone who's been dead for 1400 years? :confused: How on earth does that work?

If the Islamist puritans were go around trying enforce Islam and burning poppies were murdered by the UDA what would your view on that be?

Freedom of speech also means people can disagree with it to the point they are glad someone else is dead. So long as they aren't the one who murdered them or helped murder them.

He said that he disagrees and feels what you think is wrong, at no point did he attack your freedom to say that you're happy their gone.
And how are they racist or despicable? They were a far left magazine who satirised Jews, Christians, the far right etc, regardless of race. They satirised the prophet also who is representative of your religion, not your race, therefore your assertion of racism against yourselves is unfounded. Finally I atuggle to see how you can not condone what happened while not being sad about the murder of these people who you describe as "despicable and racist", it seems to imply you somehow don't condone and yet are happy theyre dead?
Original post by 286001
If they do print more concerning Prophet Muhammad they'll only be spreading Islam more and its a guarantee some non-muslims will convert due to some sort of curiosity. So they're doing our dawah (spreading Islam) for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not if they HAVE their usual print run is 60000 this one is 5 million

and of you believe any of this makes islam or muslims look good you are seriously deluded
If the Islamist puritans were go around trying enforce Islam and burning poppies were murdered by the UDA what would your view on that be?

Freedom of speech also means people can disagree with it to the point they are glad someone else is dead. So long as they aren't the one who murdered them or helped murder them.

I don't think anyone deserves to be murdered for something that might personally offend someone, no matter what side of the coin they were on. Were you somehow hoping I'd be like "Yeah, you're right, I am a hypocrite because I'd totally love it if someone shot those guys"?
Reply 36
Which country are you from?

Yes of course I would! Because I don't think "death" is the way to settle my differences!
Of course you have the right to be upset, but you don't have the right to murder people for being upset. That's literally insane.
Equal footing implies I think it is the correct religion? No I do not think it is the correct religion.

But yes I think that everyone on British soil should recognise that it is the official british religion.

No it implies that you are a subject of the British willing to constrain you faith within the British state. It doesn't mean you must become an Anglican.

I think they should actively support its preeminence within the law and culture.
I don't think anyone deserves to be murdered for something that might personally offend someone, no matter what side of the coin they were on. Were you somehow hoping I'd be like "Yeah, you're right, I am a hypocrite because I'd totally love it if someone shot those guys"?

i was yes.

Quick Reply

Latest