The Student Room Group

#angrywhiteAndproud

Scroll to see replies

They keep shouting "England England"

are they ducking stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
I don't deny that we caused them to leave, that's one of the few acts i consider shameful for Britain given that we were one. But that's no reason for us to dislike each other now and it does not change the fact that the Irish are not that different to us.

Well good. You're one of the better ones then. But that is what I was saying to this man, that it was really bad and many Irish still struggle just because of how the past and the IRA now have affected them. I told him that there is a new "target" and that is Pakistanis. I told him that because you're still white, you and the English, if you ever band together, can exile Pakistanis, so don't make it seem that Irish go through worse than people of color.

At the end of the day, yes you are Irish but you are white still. He doesn't want to listen to me, but is angry with Pakistanis in Ireland and THAT I understand. That is just common sense to understand why they'd be angry. It's like Native Americans pissed at colonialists. But an Irishman in England mad at Pakistanis, I don't know. :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Why are you surprised?
Reply 43
I'm White and not ashamed, but I wont go around saying White pride. What is it White people seem to feel they need to apologise for exactly? Slavery? LOL in which case much of the world is guilty.Stop your double standards and open a history book.In the Western world, we're the only one's who talk about racism. Because most prominently White countries have become multi-racial (nothing sinister behind that?) of course there is going to be racism. But society only focuses on White racism, which is often spinned like anytime a White cop shoots someone who isn't White it's racism.
Original post by MyPeople
I'm White and not ashamed, but I wont go around saying White pride. What is it White people seem to feel they need to apologise for exactly? Slavery? LOL in which case much of the world is guilty.Stop your double standards and open a history book.In the Western world, we're the only one's who talk about racism. Because most prominently White countries have become multi-racial (nothing sinister behind that?) of course there is going to be racism. But society only focuses on White racism, which is often spinned like anytime a White cop shoots someone who isn't White it's racism.

1.For creating and not ending white privilege.
2.White cops get a much humane fairer treatment in a murder trial,again white privilege
3.Racism is very much alive in America
4.Any immigrant with white skin can come over here and have some superiority complex,Again white privilege
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by queen-bee
angrywhiteandproud, accentuates the importance of a good education, scary how much hate is brewing in the UK! EducationMatters

Or maybe it shows how many can't afford a good education and come from working class families. You can't blame people for feeling angry or hard done by the government when many have lost jobs to foreigners willing to work for cheaper wages. But something tells me you know nothing of being working class, evident in your snobbery.
Reply 46
Original post by Evening
Or maybe it shows how many can't afford a good education and come from working class families. You can't blame people for feeling angry or hard done by the government when many have lost jobs to foreigners willing to work for cheaper wages. But something tells me you know nothing of being working class, evident in your snobbery.

Stop making excuses for them. They choose to live on the dole,nobody has prevented them from doing well in schools and getting a good education. Just because they are poor and under privileged does not give them the right to be so foul mouthed and hateful.

oh and it's the foreigners who are willing to do the jobs the English don't want to do.
Original post by Manitude
I did however notice something interesting. The golden dawn supporter started a fight with a guy in a black teeshirt outside a pub/bar. I'm about 90% sure the teeshirt was of a band which (allegedly, but very likely) has a white supremacist in it. I've not gone and played that scene back on 4od yet to check, but if I'm right it could be at odds with what that person believes, or what the documentary said about them being antifa.

EDIT2: Can confirm, is a Wodensthrone shirt:

Kind pleased I spotted that as it's not exactly easy to see.

I have to say I have a Wodensthrone shirt and I love their music...not so much the white supremacy, though I am aware of some of their..."leanings". I'm not really sure where I stand on the issue tbh.
Reply 48
Original post by awkwardshortguy
What is it, more fake reality tv? Not that I'm going to bother watching it anyway.

No,real life situation.
Reply 49
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
What on earth is with all the hashtags? This isnt twitter.

I'm on a hashtagging spree after watching these scumbags
Being "white and proud" is dumb, just like it's dumb to be "black and proud", or "yellow and proud". Be proud of being German, English, Welsh, Nigerian, Chinese, or wherever you come from, not what blanket colour group you fit into.
Reply 51
Original post by Grantland
Being "white and proud" is dumb, just like it's dumb to be "black and proud", or "yellow and proud". Be proud of being German, English, Welsh, Nigerian, Chinese, or wherever you come from, not what blanket colour group you fit into.

They wanted to emphasise that they are 'white' and 'proud' to be white and are angry that immigrants and Muslims are taking over their country
They wanted to emphasise that they are 'white' and 'proud' to be white and are angry that immigrants and Muslims are taking over their country

I'm not exactly living under Sharia law, so it feels doubtful that Muslims are taking over Britain. Sure there are a lot of them here, but I'm not one to complain about immigrants, I'm one myself.
Saw the trailer for it on Wednesday, seems like the producers of this program are trying to increase hate towards forien religions in the UK .
Original post by missfats
They keep shouting "England England"

are they ducking stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might I ask what exactly is wrong or stupid with chanting the name of the country you live in and love? People chant it at football games and other events aswell
Original post by Evening

Why should we defend the racism of poor people? Education doesn't do a damn thing to change a racist mindset, Eton educated rich kids are often more racist than any working class kid I've met in Britain. Also guess what, we foreigners feel hard done by the century or so of exploitation that the British Empire imposed on us! Let's see Britain pay reparations then we'll talk about restricting immigration.

Original post by pocahontas lol
Well good. You're one of the better ones then. But that is what I was saying to this man, that it was really bad and many Irish still struggle just because of how the past and the IRA now have affected them. I told him that there is a new "target" and that is Pakistanis. I told him that because you're still white, you and the English, if you ever band together, can exile Pakistanis, so don't make it seem that Irish go through worse than people of color.

At the end of the day, yes you are Irish but you are white still. He doesn't want to listen to me, but is angry with Pakistanis in Ireland and THAT I understand. That is just common sense to understand why they'd be angry. It's like Native Americans pissed at colonialists. But an Irishman in England mad at Pakistanis, I don't know. :s-smilie:

Um no? How are Pakistanis in Ireland similar to white settlers AT ALL? It's not as if we arrived, duped them out of their land or spread viscous diseases to them, murdered whoever was left and sent their children to boarding schools where they were forced to forget their native languages and were sexually abused?
im angry, british and proud
Reply 57
Stop making excuses for them. They choose to live on the dole,nobody has prevented them from doing well in schools and getting a good education. Just because they are poor and under privileged does not give them the right to be so foul mouthed and hateful.

oh and it's the foreigners who are willing to do the jobs the English don't want to do.

Typical middle-upper class atitude. I doubt you've ever had to work a day in your life.

Original post by Niassuh
Why should we defend the racism of poor people? Education doesn't do a damn thing to change a racist mindset, Eton educated rich kids are often more racist than any working class kid I've met in Britain. Also guess what, we foreigners feel hard done by the century or so of exploitation that the British Empire imposed on us! Let's see Britain pay reparations then we'll talk about restricting immigration.

Why should people now who never once did anything to anyone else have to pay for what people did hundreds of years ago? Why do you feel the poor should have to pay for what the rich did? You're the exact kind of reason why groups like the EDL gets support: parasitic greed and an entitlement complex.
Reply 58
Original post by Evening
Typical middle-upper class atitude. I doubt you've ever had to work a day in your life.

Why should people now who never once did anything to anyone else have to pay for what people did hundreds of years ago? Why do you feel the poor should have to pay for what the rich did? You're the exact kind of reason why groups like the EDL gets support: parasitic greed and an entitlement complex.

Yes typical middle class because my parents chose to work hard and become doctors and make a life for themselves and yes I have worked a day in my life :smile:
Reply 59
It was interesting seeing the guy at the end admitting that he did it because he didn't like himself, that he felt like a lost soul, and the group gave him support and purpose. I think this is probably the case for a lot of people that get involved with this stuff. They want a sense belonging and acceptance amoung peers. It's just a shame they choose far right groups instead of playing basketball or something :-(

Quick Reply

Latest